VOR/DME Navigation in DCS World Plans

Gecko6

I see that you have done your homework and have most if not all of the Real life stations in game already. However you have made them inactive.

["Мыс Анапский"] = {
	name = "Мыс Анапский", [color="Blue"]-- Cape Anapa[/color]
	callsign = "АП", [color="Blue"]-- AP[/color]
	type = BEACON_TYPE_NAUTICAL_HOMER,
	status = [b]BEACON_INACTIVE[/b], [color="Blue"]-- Inactive Beacon[/color]
	position = {
		latitude = 44.8822222222222,
		longitude = 37.3072222222222
	},
	frequency = 312500.0,
	use_land_objects = true,

From the 20 sites that I compared to the real life NAVAID database they are with in meters of real placement and the freqs seem to be right on.

The F-100D only had Radio Navigation available to it. We feel strongly about putting in a GPS because that would be the lazy way of doing it. So if you are planning on becoming an active HUN pilot you will need to know how to dial in radios and fly beams.

My questions are below.

1. So what is the plan for the future?

2. Will all NAVAIDS be made available for us to use?

My concern moving forward:

I do not want to mod the Beacons.lua and release it, then DCSW has new updates that cause the modded beacons.lua to be overwritten.

Still, do you know how to turn those beacons on?

Is it a simple matter of changing BEACON_INACTIVE to BEACON_ACTIVE?

I know such a mod would not be very satisfactory, but I'd like to give it a try anyway. From the Devs it would be interesting to hear why they turned these beacons off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

The UH-1 has the same Radio Nav equipment as the F-100D does so yes it will need it.

Pretty much the majority of aircraft during this era used Radio Nav. Not until the A-7D hit the scene was there any INS nav systems except in the big planes.