Freetrack 2.2 and PS3 Eye Toy --- Access violation

Hi All,

I am quite desperate here and hope that you can help me out.

I am just done, building my 3-point clip and try to get Freetrack 2.2 and my new Eye Toy Cam to work, but I cannot even open Freetrack, as it gives me an access violation:

Exception EAccessViolation in module FreeTrack.exe at 00019779.

Access Violation at address 00419779 in module FreeTrack.exe.

Read of address 40239CA6.

I made a search and found several users, having this problem, as well.

I also tried fixing it by putting DPI to 96, but it won't work.

It still gives out the error.

Sorry if it is something obvious or if I oversaw a solution thread in this forum.

Please help me!

Thanks a lot!

Bexx0r

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Win8.1 Pro 64Bit ---i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz --- 12GB RAM --- NVidia GFX670 --- TM HOTAS WARTHOG --- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals --- PS3 Eye Cam (modified) --- 3-point Track Clip --- FacetrackNoIR 1.72

I'm also using ps3 eye and FT2.2 on win7x64, it works great for me 99% of the time, but when I've run into these types of errors, restarting the computer fixes it.

I'm trying to remember what usually causes the errors though... from what I'm remembering, the access violation error usually pops up when more than one program tries to use the camera. Make sure you only have one instance of FT running, and you don't have any other preview software running.

Another thing I might mention is that I have a saitek cessna yoke that doesn't play nice with the PS3 eye for some reason. It doesn't give any errors, it just freezes freetrack. You might try disconnecting some of your USB accessories to narrow it down, if a restart doesn't fix your problem. I still don't know why the yoke and eye don't work together, I just resorted to using a webcam with the yoke, since that works fine. Just something to try I guess.

Good luck!

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

Hi All,

I am quite desperate here and hope that you can help me out.

I am just done, building my 3-point clip and try to get Freetrack 2.2 and my new Eye Toy Cam to work, but I cannot even open Freetrack, as it gives me an access violation:

Exception EAccessViolation in module FreeTrack.exe at 00019779.

Access Violation at address 00419779 in module FreeTrack.exe.

Read of address 40239CA6.

I made a search and found several users, having this problem, as well.

I also tried fixing it by putting DPI to 96, but it won't work.

It still gives out the error.

Sorry if it is something obvious or if I oversaw a solution thread in this forum.

Please help me!

Thanks a lot!

Bexx0r

Did u try downloading cleyefix? http://www.sendspace.com/file/2stcof

Even thou with that u need to go to CAMERA setting(those where u choose camera FPS, choose 125 fps with 320x240) and simply click apply or ok and than start headtracking. U have to do this everytime. Also make sure u changed ur multiplier to x1 with 120fps set in FRAME RATE tab

And if that wont help... I had an access violation issue few weeks ago myself. And i used cleye fix and did all the stuff neccessary but still got strange access violation. What helped me was running FT going to CAMERA settings simply clicking apply unplug ur PS3eye plug it back and try to run headtracking.

Hey there,

thanks for the quick replies, guys!

There are definitely some hints, I will follow up.

I will investigate further and revert with results.

@trooph: Yeah, I forgot to mention that I already tried the cleyefix, but with no success.

@KLR Rico: I don't know how many restarts I had, but there were a lot...

I will definitely check out if there are more programs trying to use the camera.

BTW: Could both of you please advise which drivers you are running for the PS3 Eye Toy Cam? I saw that there are several versions out there with different results for certain users.

Then, I was asking myself whether Freetrack 2.1 could be the choice for me, but that will be the last option to use, if everything else fails.

Do you know if FT 2.1 already supports the EyeToy Cam?

Once, I had the chance to check all this out (I'm currently at work), I will report back - hopefully with a "YAAYYYY I DID IT!!!!!!!"-message...

Thanks a lot!

Bexx0r

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Win8.1 Pro 64Bit ---i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz --- 12GB RAM --- NVidia GFX670 --- TM HOTAS WARTHOG --- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals --- PS3 Eye Cam (modified) --- 3-point Track Clip --- FacetrackNoIR 1.72

There is a alternative for freetrack. Not as good as FT itself but it will do the trick untill u fix it...

Here u can find it http://sourceforge.net/projects/ftnoirpt/

Im testing it for some time now in my single flights...

This also might be a driver issue.

Im using this http://codelaboratories.com/downloads/

Works perfectly. And i think its the only one that allows the camera to go above 100fps

Hey trooph,

I already tried FTNoIr, but I wasn't content with the performance.

It was wobbling like hell, when I held my head still, so it was not possible to hit any buttons in the cockpit.

Furthermore, it often lost track, which was quite annoying.

Maybe now with the EyeToy, it works better. I will also give that a try.

But I will not give up trying to get FT to work, yet. ;)

I think when I get home, this is what I will do:

1. Deaktivate the built-in laptop webcam

2. Unistall FT, including all registry entries

3. Uninstall the CLEYE drivers

4. Restart and put DPI to 96

5. Make sure, no other program uses the camera

6. Install CLEYE drivers

7. Install FT

8a. Jump out of the closed window if it fails

8b. Light a cigar if it works out

If there is anything, you would suggest to add to that routine, please feel free to do so :)

I will report back when I know more.

Thanks for now. I really appreciate it :thumbup:

Bexx0r

Edited by Bexx0r

Okay, at least before my inner eye I jumped through the window...

For God's sake, I cannot get rid of this damn access violation! :mad:

I deactivated the built-in laptop cam, reinstalled CLEYE drivers and FT 2.2 several times, set my desktop to Win7 standard and 96dpi, tried that CLEYE Fix, made sure that there are no preview programs running, unplugged all other USB devices except my mouse, but none of it lets me even start FT 2.2!

I saw one thing in my device manager, that looks strange, though. It seems as if the EyeToyCam is put in there two times. A) as "USB Camera B4.09.24.1" and B) as "PS3Eye Camera".

Could that be the problem?

Opening FT 2.1, btw, is no problem at all.

Totally frustrated, here :cry_2:

When I check the device manager, I only have one entry for the PS3 eye (or any camera, for that matter).

It appears under the category of "Code Labs Devices", and the only sub item in the category is "PS3EYE Camera". That driver is v 4.0.2.1017, dated 10/17/2010.

I tried to duplicate the access violation error, but could not get it to happen again, even with running the preview software at the same time. Freetrack wouldn't track, but it didn't cause an error or crash.

IIRC, another thing I've had crash FT in the past was problems with the SimConnect output option. From what I remember, if I was running FT and FSX crashed, FT wouldn't operate properly again until I unchecked simconnect, restarted FT, and then reselected the simconnect option. However, since you can't even open FT period, that won't help you much I suppose....

I wish I could be more help. :(

Man, you tried your best and I am very thankful for your efforts. This goes out to trooph, as well!

Thanks guys!

Actually, I don't know where to go from here.

I guess I will give FT 2.1 a go, although yesterday it didn't run without glitches.

Seems also as if I will have to modify my clip a little bit further, as I have limited movement in FT 2.1

As soon as I rotate my head, it looses track. Either my LEDs are glowing too weak or it's because of their shape (I only have the SFH485 without the "P").

I also didn't put developed film onto the cam for filtering, yet.

I hope I will not have to end up, spending 150 bucks for trackir, after all this time I put into this project.

So, thanks for your support!

I dont know how to help U. When i had that bug it lasted for a week. I reinstalled my OS and i still got it... All i know is this. It was a problem with CAMERA to OS communication that caused it. Coz i couldnt change any settings.

Can u see a preview in Cleye test?

About that 2 cam drivers in ur device manager... One controlls camera one is for the mic.

• Like 1

Yep, CLEye Test works fine - no problems, there.

FT 2.1 works, as well. Only 2.2 is giving me bad times.

For now, I will concentrate on 2.1 and use it to improve my clip.

When that's done, I will test it with A-10C.

Hopefully, that will work sufficiently enough, so I finally can move on learning to handle the Hawg.

Hi Bexx0r,

Well that's weird, I know 2 guys using a PS3 Eye with FT 2.2 and it works fine for them.

Maybe it's your built-in camera which is causing problems, can you try Freetrack and your PS3 eye with an other PC? Maybe the next FT release will fix it (if there's one).

Btw if you have the SFH485 and want to increase the tracking, I recommend you to sand the top of the led down. I've the P version, the top is flat, so try to sand it as flat as possible.

If the light is too weak, change the resistor?

I really can't help you more with the software issue, it was a pain in the a$$ for me just to set it up. But again, try your PS3 EYE and FT with an other PC, you will know if it's due to your laptop camera.

Cya

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Hey Madone,

i read your post when I was just finished, beheading the LEDs :)

That made a huge difference.

My mental state is starting to change from desperate to hopeful ;)

Hey Bexxor, if you can afford it I really encourage you to get the trackclip pro,it made

a huge difference with any clip I did before,in fact with that and a bit of old floppy disc

in front of the PS3 eye, I can play almost as fluid as with a trackir 4 and even in a room with light(altough not too much).If the room is dark it goes flawlessly.

Hey Madone,

i read your post when I was just finished, beheading the LEDs :)

That made a huge difference.

My mental state is starting to change from desperate to hopeful ;)

Ok glad to hear it helps you, by the way I bought my LEDs by a german e-shop (click here), so I'm a bit surprised that you didn't buy your stuff there. :)

Don't be distaught, if the same FT device works for someone else, there's no reason to fail with you.

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Hehe, funny thing: I wanted to order SFH485P @ Conrad Electronic, and I thought, I put them into the shopping cart, but I must have slipped one row and clicked the wrong ones.

I first noticed my mistake when I unpacked them. :furious:

But my latest result with the cut off normal ones are promising. I tried it in a dark room and the skull moved really smooth and didn't loose track.

So, I think, once I have modified the cam with the film, I will be a good step further and can think about integrating the whole thing into the game.

@falcon: I already put so much effort into my own built clip that I don't want to think about buying the trackclip pro... for now ;) But thanks for the advice!

I will report back when I have news.

Thanks so far, guys!

Bexx0r

EDIT: Oh, one more thing I need to express at this point: In this great forum I received by far a lot more help than in the FT-Forum!

A big *thumbs up* !

Edited by Bexx0r

It looks like you've solved your angle problems. :thumbup:

I had to do the same thing. Filed the tip flat, and then used sand paper to "frost" the plastic.

I'm trying to remember what the differences were between FT 2.1 and 2.2... didn't 2.2 just add support for the wiimote? I remember that being a big deal at some point, but IMHO the PS3 eye works so much better.

I'm still trying to think of anything that would affect your 2.2 installation though... Do you use admin rights for FT? I have it on for mine.

Edited by KLR Rico
  • Like 1

10 points KLR Rico! Do you run it as admin, I run it as admin as well... A lot of issues can occur if you don't.

Hey there,

now FT 2.1 seems to run stable and is tracking my movements.

However, I cannot get it to work in-game.

I read a lot of other threads and did the following:

• I downloaded SamtheEagle's Headtracker.dlls and put them into a folder named "Headtracker", located under C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin

• I then edited the input.lua from the scripts section in line 27 to:

-- path to headtracker plugin dll

NewInput.setHeadTrackerDllPath('C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World/bin/headtracker/headtracker.dll')

I opened up freetrack, let it track my movements and minimized it.

But when I start an instant mission in A-10C, there is no movement at all.

Do I have to activate a certain output option in FT?

Currently there's a check at "TrackIR Enhanced Interface" in the output options.

Sorry that I'm such a pain in the arse...

Yes because unfortunately, the headtracker has been created to work with Freetrack 2.2... A french guy has got the same problem, he just bought a Logitech C920 with FaceTrackNOIR and it works.

Here is the french post :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1589685#post1589685

Also there's a known post about that and you will maybe find your solution there :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87436&highlight=Freetrack+bs2

But I really think that you have to run the 2.2 version, definitely :/

This all is really discouraging :-(

So, actually there is nobody running FT 2.1 in DCS World?

I thought I read somewhere about a guy who said that he switched back to FT 2.1

If anybody out there runs FT 2.1 with DCS World, please let me know!

I know that Freetrack 2.1 works with BS1 but with DCS World I'm not sure....

Btw I edited the line 27 as follow :

NewInput.setHeadTrackerDllPath('./bin/headtracker/headtracker.dll')

The path don't have to be full and led to C:/ blah blah.

Start your path from bin. Give it a try! It doesn't work if the path isn't set correctly. Don't ever give up!! XD

Edited by Madone

I asked a friend of mine to check FT 2.2 on his machine (Win7-64Bit) and it works...

So, I think I will reinstall Windows in the next few days. If it still fails I will be fed up and buying TIR5.

So, time to backup all my stuff and do a last try.

Wish me luck!