Helios for A-10 Warthog and Ka-50 Black Shark at same time

Interesting! Looking at the KA50 scripts in DCS (Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpitt\Scripts\SHKVAL\SHKVAL_init.lua), it appears to look for a viewport named either "Shkval", or "LEFT_MFCD", preferring "Shkval" if both are present.

It is odd that LEFT_MFCD didn't work for you; it ought to have.

However, your discovery has identified a couple of interesting and useful facts:

1. The viewport names are case-sensitive, and

2. The viewport names don't have to be an exact match.

The latter conclusion comes from the fact that it is finding "ED_KA50_Shkval", even though the call to try_find_assigned_viewport() only specifies "Shkval". Handy to know; thanks!

Edited by Loophole
typo

• 6 months later...

Just wondering if you might be able to include the UH-1H in this?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Just wondering if you might be able to include the UH-1H in this?

Helios has no interface for the Huey.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Helios has no interface for the Huey.

Ah OK. I thought it must have as I have a Helios profile (made by Abnaxus) for it, which I guess sends keyboard commands when I press the buttons and I thought the exports were not dependent on Helios but simply displaying certain cockpit instruments in a particular screen position.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Helios has no links into DCS to get instrument data for the Huey. Abnaxus profile works, as you guessed, because it just uses keyboard commands. In the case of the A-10 or Kamov, Helios is making a more direct connection to the controls in the sim (along with the instrument data connections).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Helios has no links into DCS to get instrument data for the Huey. Abnaxus profile works, as you guessed, because it just uses keyboard commands. In the case of the A-10 or Kamov, Helios is making a more direct connection to the controls in the sim (along with the instrument data connections).

OK, so this export.lua is just to enable the exporting of gauges/instruments, whilst export of displays (MFDs, Shvkal, Abris) is enabled by default and to export the Kneeboard and other stuff we need to edit specific files for each aircraft, as Abnaxus has done here for his Huey profile? http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2009903&postcount=88

OK, so this export.lua is just to enable the exporting of gauges/instruments, whilst export of displays (MFDs, Shvkal, Abris) is enabled by default and to export the Kneeboard and other stuff we need to edit specific files for each aircraft, as Abnaxus has done here for his Huey profile? http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2009903&postcount=88

Correct.

Correct.

Thanks, I'll get my head round all this one day ;)

Thanks, I'll get my head round all this one day ;)

No problem. There is a lot going on and sometimes the rules change with a new version of DCS.

Can anyone tell me what can be exported from FC3 aircraft and what we have to put in our monitorconfig.lua to enable these?

When I fly the F-15C I get the left-hand radar scan display on my secondary monitor but nothing else. I haven't tried with any other FC3 aircraft yet.

Can anyone tell me what can be exported from FC3 aircraft and what we have to put in our monitorconfig.lua to enable these?

When I fly the F-15C I get the left-hand radar scan display on my secondary monitor but nothing else. I haven't tried with any other FC3 aircraft yet.

Width Helios you can export several instruments from FC3.

I made one profile for the SU25T and i am exporting:

radar altimeter, barometric altimeter, ADI, HSI, left and right engine rpms, left and right temperatures, vertical velocity, Angle of atack and indicated air speed.

All this instruments works width all the planes on FC3

To the correct work, you need a special export.lua file. I am using one prepared for KA50, A10C and FC3 at the same time by Loophole.

You can find it here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97222

Width the monitor configurations i manage to export only the radar of the F15 and the skval in the SU25t

Maybe we should kick start Helios again, I am using it daily since I got it in package with a chair.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Width Helios you can export several instruments from FC3.

I made one profile for the SU25T and i am exporting:

radar altimeter, barometric altimeter, ADI, HSI, left and right engine rpms, left and right temperatures, vertical velocity, Angle of atack and indicated air speed.

Thanks for the info :thumbup:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice, I will have a crack at this myself,,, thanks!

EDIT: Works,, Thanks alot! Tried to REP you in this post, but it wouldn't allow it?

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 1 month later...

TwomonUSB

So, I thought I might give helios a go, now that I figured out how to get my iPad working as an third monitor. Got pretty far too! I can see the profile on my iPad, but the gauges aren't responding to the flight. I had a bunch of trouble getting this not-working, by now I'm trying with the most recent profile I could find which is Capt_Zeen Su-25T. Also looking to the beginning of this thread for the two .lua files export and HELIOS to make this work by putting in the /user/saved_games/DCS/Scripts/ folder. Just getting pretty frustrated I've been working on this for about 6 hours, I'm sure we've all been there. Running an update now, looks like something new from ED, about 500Mb, so will load that, and give this one more try.

| A-10C | Ka-50 | F-86 | Mig-15 | P-51D |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, I failed.

It's 4:47am, I've gotta get a couple hours rest. I'm not sure why I couldn't get it working. If I turn off the Helios from the Control Center I can see my MFD positioned correctly. It's a shykval in this case for the Su-25T. If I turn it back I see the instruments, which are clickable, yet do not show the proper readings. Also the grey background shows where the shkval should show, and every way I tried to make that transparent wasn't happening. The most recent export is in the proper folder under my windows user, and I need HELP please.

Thanks!

| A-10C | Ka-50 | F-86 | Mig-15 | P-51D |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IndiadamJones,

Sounds like you have a couple of different issues; I'll try and help.

- Gauges not responding. I think this has to be a problem with the Export.lua script. That is the only thing I know of that can cause that behaviour. The current iteration of the Export.lua in this thread is pretty robust - it generally works whether you start the Helios profile before or after jumping into the cockpit. If the gauges are not responding, that indicates that Helios simply isn't connecting to the Export.lua. Either it is still in the wrong place (despite what you think :-), or it is corrupted in some way. There is a log file that DCS generates - I think it is the one in Saved Games\DCS\Logs (it's been a while since I've had to use it). Check that for any error messages about the Export.lua. Also, what is the exact path where you put the Export.lua? I noticed in your original post that you say it is in "saved_games", which if literally true, isn't right. My Export.lua, as an example, sits in:

"C:\Users\Loophole\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts"

Best way to get to the right folder is to click on your user-name in the Start menu, then look for "Saved Games" in the folder that pops up.

- Grey background blotting out the Shkval. That is something set in the Helios profile, I think. Sounds like it is either a panel or shape, or if you are sure there are no objects, then an overall background colour set for the monitor. In the Helios editor, if you pull up the Properties for the monitor, you'll see there is a "Background" section with a "Fill" option and a colour. That might be what is doing it.

Hope this helps a bit.

Loophole

Don't assume anything. It took me about 6 times to finally remember to unpause the game.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 1 year later...

I haven't used flown in a while, due to moving, but at least the A-10C used to work just fine.

Beeroshima, yes you can (assuming you mean the A-10 RWR) - though you don't actually "export the RWR to Helios" as such. Rather, you tell DCS to display the RWR in a separate viewport, and align that with a "hole" in your helios panel that it can show through. Captn Zeen's A-10 panel is set up in this way.

You have to edit one of the LUA files in DCS to tell the RWR to look for a specific viewport, and then define that viewport in your MonitorSetup file.

For my screen setup, I added a viewport definition to my DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup\mysetup.lua file, like this (your coordinates and filename will be different!):

AN_ALR69V_SCREEN =
{
   x = 960+600;
   y = 2160+161;
   width = 175;
   height = 175;
}

In the DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\indicator\AN_ALR69V_init.lua file I add the following after the first "dofile" in the script:

--- MB customisation: ---
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
render_target_always = false
purposes      = {render_purpose.GENERAL}
try_find_assigned_viewport("AN_ALR69V_SCREEN")
--- end customisation ---

Note that script-patches like the above get overwritten every time there is a DCS update, so you have to reinstate them!

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Ive got it working using snacko's exports mod and am familiar with repositioning everything in the A10c and Ka50. It's the tews in the f15 that I'd like to be able to find a way to get to my 2nd monitor if its possible. I've read about adding a flaming cliffs 2 interface on my helios profile, but it's not an option when I attempt to do so. Thanks for your help, Loophole and others.

Has the the f15 tews been solved?

Sent while I should be working instead.