Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Steelbreaker

Reputation power: 0
Steelbreaker is on a distinguished road
Default Crash Crash Crash! DCS World

DCS world keeps crashing.

I start a mission with the BS2 and 5 minutes in Crash!.

Checked all the 3GB options on XP also so its not a memory problem.

Multi-player crash after a few minutes when I get into a server, otherwise most of the time crashing in the load up screen.

BS2 stand alone is ok, but there are some nice tweaks in DCS World for the bird, its so frustrating.

The SU25 T seems to run ok most of the time, but still crashes.

I am not going for the A10-C because of this problem with DCS World.

I want to get into the game in more Depth, is there anything I can do I have not seen or missed on the forums.

I have been searching them for last few days, and I appreciate many people are getting similar issues.

But there still seems to be quite a few players online having a good time while I spend most of my time bloody reloading DCS World.

AARRRRRRRGH
Steelbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
AlpineYoda

AlpineYoda can only hope to improveAlpineYoda can only hope to improveAlpineYoda can only hope to improve

I feel your pain. I can't even fly DCS World in the A-10. Crashes 100% of the time on mission load. I'm waiting on a response from the developers and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

In your directory, there are crash log files. You might want to upload the text of one to your message in case someone from the company or another knowledgeable person takes a look at your message.
AlpineYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
HiJack
Veteran

Reputation power: 62
HiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to beholdHiJack is a splendid one to behold

Yes it's to bad. At least the 104th DCS server is fairly stable so I would realy like a spesification on their setup of computer and communication. In the mean time play LOMAC, FC2 and BS1.

Jack

Spoiler:

ASUS Z87-PLUS, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
Samsung SSD 840 PROSeries 256GB 2.5"
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
BIGNEWY
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 27
BIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to all

I was having issues as well however I sorted mine out by providing systems specs, and crash logs and finally worked the problem.

If you want to get to the bottom of your problems check out your crash logs, windows event view logs and provide as much info as you can so the community can help you.
Windows 7 Pro x64, NVIDIA Zotac GTX 770 4gb, AMD FX 8350 @4ghz ( Cooled by H40 ), 12GB DDR3 , Asus M5A78L-M/USB3, x2 60gb ssd, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x3 19" lcd @3940x1024, x2 100w Tactile transducers

Troubleshooting - EDWiki - 9th Shrek Air Strike Squadron
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Steelbreaker

Default Luck or what!?

Guys

Thanks for your replies

I dont know if this is sods law, well it must be.

I decided to lower all the settings in DCS World, and loaded the FAM flight in BS2

And the bloody thing never crashed, lol

I will try to tweak it up a bit and see if its still ok

will let you know.

Just for info

Windows XP, 3.4ghz Dual Core, 3GB DDR2, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550Ti

Will look at getting them logs pasted up

Fingers crossed.

O and by the way when I loaded up DCS World tonight.

I went to start and clicked update DCS World, there never seemed to be any update, and it started the game.

Maybe that's got something to do with it ?

Lets see
Old 11-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Steelbreaker

Default Back to crash this morning

Wanted to let you guys know how it went.

Stayed on line with no issues last night.

And come this morning its crashing again.

This is very unusual.

It was in the SU25T this morning and last night was ok with BS2 so will see if that makes a difference.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
BIGNEWY
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 27
BIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to all

have a look at your crash logs

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

and also windows event viewer for the issue
Windows 7 Pro x64, NVIDIA Zotac GTX 770 4gb, AMD FX 8350 @4ghz ( Cooled by H40 ), 12GB DDR3 , Asus M5A78L-M/USB3, x2 60gb ssd, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x3 19" lcd @3940x1024, x2 100w Tactile transducers

Troubleshooting - EDWiki - 9th Shrek Air Strike Squadron
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
Steelbreaker

Unhappy

Just reporting in.

The game constantly crashes when I try to get online, this is just unacceptable in this era of gaming.

I know its not my system, or internet connection, as I have many title that I regularly play online with no issues what so ever.

Until I see a patch or update with fix that fixes this most annoying issue.

I firmly keep my wallet in its place, with a little regret as want to get the A10-C

Cmon ED sort it out.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
Kaiza

Reputation power: 12
Kaiza is just really niceKaiza is just really niceKaiza is just really niceKaiza is just really niceKaiza is just really niceKaiza is just really niceKaiza is just really niceKaiza is just really niceKaiza is just really nice

Its the sad reality of multiplayer at the moment unfortunately. The only types of missions that seem to work OK, are simple missions with less than 10 players (that all join at seperate times), and no CBUs. There doesn't seem to be as much complaining around here as their used to be, I think that is because a lot of people are starting to give up.

I am just living in hope that a dedicated server program is just around the corner that will solve everyone's problems, and those 32+ player games with all aircraft types that people have been dreaming of can become a reality.

Stable dedicated server + TARS with CA functionality = the dream that keeps me playing this.

Last edited by Kaiza; 11-06-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Kaiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #10
Steelbreaker

Absolutely.

I hope the same thing.

But should I be hoping for that, when DCS World is meant to be just that?

Its something that should already be sorted.

who cares if you have all the modules in one application, when you can play them individually, this is the whole point of DCS World, so all players and all modules can fly in the same world and have some awesome battles, surely.

If they wanted it to be a launcher I would never of bothered with the download, and wouldnt of wasted my time.

Anyway I have pasted below one of my crash infos, its not a log but hope a dev will make some sense of it, if thier not busy designing new aircraft for a faulty multi-player application

AppName: dcs.exe AppVer: 1.2.1.6288 ModName: ngmodel.dll
ModVer: 1.2.1.6288 Offset: 0000ff38