Stream error

Stuka

We have a server running that from time to time is disappearing from the server list.

When trying to connect to the IP directly, I get a "connection interrupted" message.

This is the part out of dcs.log (of the server) showing my connection attempt

07218.727 INFO    NET: accepting connection from aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:52605
07218.727 INFO    NET: append: client 5
07218.779 INFO    NET: disconnecting client [5]: stream error
07218.779 INFO    NET: Lua: Disconnected client [5] ""
07218.779 INFO    NET: remove: client 5

Other people are reporting the same problem. (same server)

Guys that are connected at the server already, have no problems.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

• ED Team

Currently, you can "Connect by IP" only to

1) servers in LAN (read: private) mode.

2) Internet (read: public) servers seen in the server list.

Otherwise you'll get a 'stream error'.

If the 'internet'-mode server is not seen in the list, you can't connect to it.

Not a problem per se, but obviously we need to solve the 'disappearing servers' issue.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Anything we can "trigger" on the server side to let him come up in the server list again without bringing him down ?

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Yup it did.

The session mentioned in post #1 is from that log, and the server was gone from the list at that point.

We are re-installing that machine today (Windows + DCS). We can provide more logs if needed when the problem stays.

dUJOta.jpg

• ED Team

From the log:

00088.897 ERROR   NET: AddPortMapping(10308, 10308, 192.168.1.101, TCP) failed with code 718 (ConflictInMappingEntry)
00088.900 ERROR   NET: GetSpecificPortMappingEntry(10308, TCP) failed with code 714 (NoSuchEntryInArray)

1) DCS tries to add port mapping on the router using UPNP and fails: it OK, if you set up port forwarding manually.

2) However, in the next line, DCS attemps to read existing port mapping and gets NoSuchEntryInArray - meaning that such mapping does not exist at all. Either external port 10308 is mapped to another LAN address, or router resets the mapping after first step.

I'd advise you to set

server {
use_upnp = false,
}

in the network.cfg file.

Possibly, it will solve the 'disappearing' issue.

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Completely makes sense. I'm gonna ask how the router is setup, but I'm pretty damn sure it's manually forwarding.

Gonna try it later on today after the re-install.

Thanks C0ff !

dUJOta.jpg

"use_upnp" is not present in the network.cfg

So I guess you want me to add it to the cfg file ?

I do have "upnp_service_type" and "upnp_control_url"

dUJOta.jpg

• ED Team
"use_upnp" is not present in the network.cfg

So I guess you want me to add it to the cfg file ?

I do have "upnp_service_type" and "upnp_control_url"

Yes. Add it.

Example cfg file with all supported options is: $INSTALL_DIR\Scripts\net\default.cfg

That didn't do it.

After about 2 hours run time, the server is of the list again.

"use_upnp = false," is set in network.cfg

Attached the log.

dcs.zip

dUJOta.jpg