Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
Devrim
Veteran

Reputation power: 28
Devrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to all
Talking [DCS World: BS2] English Cues Mod on HUD, Shkval & PUI-800

Hi... I don't expect to see this as a mod. However, I did a little search, but couldn't find any work about this. Or may be I missed.

I use English version of DCS World: Black Shark 2. Naturally the texts in my cockpit are all in English. And you know that some characters on HUD, Shkval and PUI-800 was in Russian. Tonight I've decided to convert them to Latin characters. And now it's fully English version for me. (And I have no idea what I've done, or is that good or bad thing, I don't know...)

This is the list of translations:
  • HUD:
    Auto-Tracking: ТА to AT
    Memory Mode: П to M
    Laser Range-Finder Active: ИД to LA
    Beam-Riding Laser Channel Active: ИУ to LC
    Pause: ПАУЗА to PAUSE
    R-ALT Symbol: Р to R
    INU Normal Warm-up: ИКВ\nНВ to INU\NW
    Processing Target Point: ОТ to PT
    Updating Coordinates: КОРР to COOR
    Launch Authorized (Shoot): С to S
    Training Mode: ТРЕНАЖ to TRAINING
  • SHKVAL:
    TG Symbol (Ground stabilized): ТГ to ST
    TA Symbol (Auto-Tracking): ТA to AT
    P Symbol (Memory mode): П to M
    C Symbol (Launch Authorized): С to S
  • PUI-800
    Rockets: НР to RC
    Anti-tank Missiles: ПС to AT
    Bombs: 6Б to BB
    Gun Pod: ПП to CP

But, one or more letters are disputable and changeable.

By the way; While doing this work I've noticed that ED has cancelled indicator of laser temperature, located on HUD. I've enabled this part and seen the laser temperature on HUD.

Is that 370°C???

At ~390°C, laser was paused and being cooled. Nice...
In mod file, this code is enabled.

And a sample video (Duration 4:49)

EDIT: And, the last thing is that I've edited, changed and justified the EKRAN_localizer.lua file. I'm pleased if you give attention for Ekran in game. If you don't like it, you may find original files in mod.

Well... What do you think?...

DOWNLOAD: Devrim_DCSWBS2_EnglishHUDShkvalPUI-800_v1.3.zip (65Kb) (Updated: 01/2016)
(This version is compatible only with DCS World v1.5.x and later.)

MY MODS | MY CONTROLLER PROFILE | HEADTRACKER DLL

Thanks ED. Now I'm a changelog addict!
Only A-10C and helicopters! Others collecting dust!

Last edited by Devrim; 01-15-2016 at 02:00 AM.
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
lokitexas

Reputation power: 5
lokitexas is a jewel in the roughlokitexas is a jewel in the roughlokitexas is a jewel in the roughlokitexas is a jewel in the roughlokitexas is a jewel in the roughlokitexas is a jewel in the rough

Looks awesome. I am guessing people that have been playing a while will probably not want a change, but I think this would good for me.
lokitexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
TurboHog

Reputation power: 18
TurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of lightTurboHog is a glorious beacon of light

Good modding, as always!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Aviators

Reputation power: 12
Aviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the rough

cockpit mod?
Old 09-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
Devrim
Veteran

Devrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokitexas View Post
Looks awesome. I am guessing people that have been playing a while will probably not want a change, but I think this would good for me.
Thanks. And that's right. I thought same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboHog View Post
Good modding, as always!
Thank you TurboHog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
cockpit mod?
Pardon?

By the way; I've forgotten to mention about Ekran messages. In this mod, there's also a file (EKRAN_localizer.lua). I've changed (actually justified) this file a little bit.

Last edited by Devrim; 09-01-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
Aviators

Reputation power: 12
Aviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the roughAviators is a jewel in the rough

is not the default cockpit, it's mod?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
Devrim
Veteran

Ah, sorry.

My cockpit (shown in images and pictures in this page) is originally RICARDO's HD Pit Mod. He has created it for Black Shark 1 (if I'm not wrong). Today, I've adapted it to DCS World: Black Shark 2. Of course it's not as perfect as his work. (Also I've adapted it to Sorcer3r's Blue Pit. Please check this thread: Mixed Sorcer3r's & Ricardo's Pits.)

Anyway; I added new temperature and hydrolic gauge numbers (and a few new things) to RICARDO's Pit and applied it to DCS World. This is it.

I've sent a PM to RICARDO to take permission for this. We've been talking about my process.

Thank you.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
Devrim
Veteran

Btw; Everytime while I'm playing with this new HUD, I'm laughing loud. Because ATLA cue (seen on HUD) means "JUMP!" in my language!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
fangav

Reputation power: 9
fangav is a jewel in the roughfangav is a jewel in the roughfangav is a jewel in the roughfangav is a jewel in the roughfangav is a jewel in the roughfangav is a jewel in the rough

this is working fine in 1.2.1 world
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
Devrim
Veteran

Perfect.
Thanks.