blueHUD.tga

Screen_120716_224120.jpg

default_grid_AAA BRADLEY.tga

Screen_120716_224523.jpg

default_grid_AAA CROWS.tga

Screen_120716_224048.jpg

Zoomed out blueHUD.tga

Screen_120716_224105.jpg

Had some fun making these and wanted to share them with you guys. As you can see we've got an M1A1 style reticle (replaces BlueHUD.tga) a CROWS style reticle (replaces default_grid_AAA.tga) and a Bradley style reticle (replaces default_grid_AAA.tga).

Installation:

*Back up blueHUD.tga and default_grid_AAA.tga in your EagleDynamics/DCS World/Mods/tech/CombinedArms/Cockpit/Rescources folder.

*Replace blueHUD.tga with included blueHUD.tga (This is the Abrams tank reticle)

*Replace default_grid_AAA.tga with either default_grid_AAA BRADLEY.tga or default_grid_AAA CROWS depending on which you prefer :) make sure you remove the "BRADLEY" or "CROWS" from the name of the file you choose, so it has the same name as the file you're replacing.

Much credit to Pikey for the good idea. Hope you all enjoy.

DISCLAIMER: These sights were very quickly thrown together, things like stadia ranging for the Bradley sight won't work, unless I got really lucky :D and sadly the abrams sight will allways read 1590 meters... Note that default_grid_AAA.tga is a universal sight, so replacing with one of these will change a lot of the vehicle sights

They also differ from the defaults in that they are scaled for zooming in. With the default zoom they're quite small (especially the M1A1 reticle), hopefully the pics will say it all.

Also, as someone who has never released a mod I hope you'll let me know if anything needs further explanation or doesn't work :helpsmilie:

CA US Reticle Mod.zip

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

good, nice mod m8 ;)

• Like 1

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

great job , anyway we can reduce the size of th top right compass and bottom text , imo its to large

Thanks and I'll definitely play around with that.

good, nice mod m8 ;)

Thanks!

In the meantime if anyone would like to request a specific reticle (real or fictional), just post up a photo of it and I'll see what I can do.

...off to work, damn :( :D

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

Fixed a few things with the sights and updated the first post. I mainly adjusted the horizontal boresight for the reticles, it's been tough as the sights for some weapons are quite off-axis from the bore. trying to find a good balance.

Also had to give our eastern bloc brethren some love...

redHUD.tga

Screen_120718_202137.jpg

Also, I need to give credit where it's due: Steel beasts pro (and the users kind enough to post screenshots of it in action) The tank sights are based on theirs.

The artwork is original but is essentially traced from screenshots of that sim.