areo interface

Is there an updated GUI manual that will tell us what it is?:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

** Sniped - again ;)**

It simply changes your Windows 7 desktop to basic mode (solid color taskbar, etc.) when DCS goes into the actual sim. This open up some display resource for use in the game that normally go toward displaying the Aero desktop, even when it's not displayed...

You see the same thing when/if you launch Flight Simulator X...

LOL thx ...:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

It is not useless at all.

With the previous version of World you always had to ALT-TAB out and in to DCS to get your mouse to click on the buttons in the sim.

Having this Aero option enabled in DCS now prevents you from having to ALT-TAB first and focus is immediately good upon launching the sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

With the previous version of World you always had to ALT-TAB out and in to DCS to get your mouse to click on the buttons in the sim.

Having this Aero option enabled in DCS now prevents you from having to ALT-TAB first and focus is immediately good upon launching the sim.

That is a side effect - it is not the purpose of this option.

Nate

I actually still have that problem no matter if aero is on or off :(

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2Ghz, 8GB Kingston HyperX @1.6GHz, Ati Radeon HD7870 2GB GDDR5, 19' 1440x900 screen

Oh ok, my bad then. I do not have the issue anymore since this new version so I figured this caused the fix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I didn't have the problem with the previous version. Now I can't even click on the fly button with the mouse, I have to use enter. Once in the cockpit, button clicks are intermittent and it appears the alignment is off, meaning, If I click on one spot a button somewhere else is clicking. Also I can see icons on the desktop flickering in the background. This is with Aero desktop turned off in the options. This only appears to affect A-10C. P-51D doesn't appear to affected. I may uninstall and re-install all 1.2.0 modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I didn't have the problem with the previous version. Now I can't even click on the fly button with the mouse, I have to use enter. Once in the cockpit, button clicks are intermittent and it appears the alignment is off, meaning, If I click on one spot a button somewhere else is clicking. Also I can see icons on the desktop flickering in the background. This is with Aero desktop turned off in the options. This only appears to affect A-10C. P-51D doesn't appear to affected. I may uninstall and re-install all 1.2.0 modules.

Just alt tab when the sim loads - it is a bug, reinstalling won't help.

Nate

for me it's the opposite.:huh:

Never had that problem before. 1st time I started the game I put that option ON and since then I was always forced to Alt-Tab.

Left it to OFF

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Just alt tab when the sim loads - it is a bug, reinstalling won't help.

Nate

Thanks Nate,

I just read about the alt-tabbing in another thread. Will give it a try when I get home.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Worth turning off the notifications in control panel/notifications/ desktop manager.

Screen seems to loose focus when this message pops up.

The problem is that DCS never has focus - these aren't stealing focus from DCS because it never had it in the first place. The ONLY way to avoid this for now is to ALT-TAB, preferably before unpausing the mission.

Nate

Something I found that helps this problem is unchecking fullscreen. This probably has a hit on performance, but you don't have to worry about alt-tabing at the start of every mission. As for turning off Aero, I'm not sure what benefits I'm getting from turning it off but my old system needs all the help it can get so I'm happy DCS handles turning it off and then back on.

With Aero, I have a gadget on my task bar that toggles it on or off. I don't recall it ever happening with DCS but with BF3, Windows will often interrupt to tell me that turning Aero off will improve performance (and it always seems to do it when I'm about to line someone up and they're looking right at me) and once I respond, I'm dead.

I just instinctively turn it off now. I checked the Aero option and I seem to be getting the issue others are seeing in that I often have to ALT-TAB so that I can click my cockpit. Haven't had a chance to see the behaviour if I turn off the Aero option in DCS.

You need Aero ON for Helios use, right? Can double your frame rate sometimes.

I believe it also solved all the display trouble for USB monitors.

Either way NOW with aero on I have alt tab as well to be able to choose a role on mission start but only since I added the A10C module again.

Edited by Weltensegler

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Yes Aero (at least in standalone-haven't installed World yet) gives a significant FPS boost when running additional screens in Windowed Mode. Something to do with running DX optimizations on all windows.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to correct myself, the alt tab problem I get when I disable aero which I don't bc of Helios.

And it might be solved due to softTH now anyways.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Does disabling it give any benefits for single-screen (fullscreen mode) users?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, Nate.

So what is the purpose then?

Helios people need it enabled and disabling doesn't help anyone. :S

There must be some theory behind presenting the option.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

saves a bit of VGA resources?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"