[INVESTIGATING] Bino View with multi-screen Setup

Nirvi

I have 1x24" mainscreen and 1x 23" touchscreen with helios. When switching to bino/JTAC or the F10 map, the screen is stretched over both screens. Any way to fix this so only my mainscreen is used with combind arms?

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=68008&d=1342024903

Edited by Nirvi

This is a known problem.

Look in this thread at point #4 for a workaround.

>>> A Plea for View-Export/Multi-head/TH Users. - ED Forums

Well ,I dint spend any time in CA up to now - so I didn't isolated the PNG that is responsible for the Bino-Overlay .

But the instruction for the NVG refitting should give you a good idea what you have to do.

BTW: when reporting problems like this it is highly advisable to attach a image of it - so others get a idea what you are talking about without guessing.:)

Edited by PeterP

damn server timed out and lost my post.

Long and short of it is on the picture. I dont think this can be fixed like the overlay that was used with the NVG. I have the same bino issue as well.

ED are so close, they are doing the right things to support multiple monitors with different viewports etc but they are just not finishing it with multimonitor users in mind.

ca.thumb.jpg.64703290e5d5ecabe227377265c4f54f.jpg

I have the same problem by using a eyefinity 3 screen plus 1 screen for Helios.

Other point is the datablock of CA who is not present , chassis compas & weapon compas who are very "big"

Other probleme, the F10 view (both in CA / A10-C), the map view is display on the 4 screen, but the 4th screen is dedicated to helios with a wood mask. Map is unreadeable on it.

I didn't find a way to put F10view on a customizable part.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7-960 / 12Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram / Asus GTX980 Ti Strix / Asus PB287Q / TIR 5+Clip Pro Logitech G13/ TM Warthog N°01295 / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Win Seven 64bits/ TM Cougar MFDs (Vers. 1) / 1 Syncmaster 206BW running Helios

Diveplane, if it wont work with your screen setup it wont work. I would like to be in the fun for sure but it wont work.

sure they will fix it multi display support. focus i rekon will be on the main glitches for now i guess.

cant some of u guys do a workaround for now play on a single display?

Edited by diveplane

I wont bother installing CA (even though I bought it) becuase I have no intention of changing the monitor config all the time. This really should be fixed and working properly by now.

No longer active in DCS...

Workaround :

Only workaround up to now is to use SoftTH with DCS -

SoftTH has the function to draw all content that is spread among other screens at your main screen by using a hot-key : [AppKey+S]

So you can jump in a A-10 and spread everything like usual - and when you change to a commander position - you can bring everything at a single screen without much hassle.

Learn more in this thread: SoftTH NEWS

Peter, very interesting. I run eyefinity and didn't realise that softTH can compliment it, I thought it was a replacement when you didnt have eyefinity.

I thought the FPS would drop but your other thread suggests otherwise. I will have a look in to it.

Thanks!

Let us know how well it works out :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

CaptHawk, I installed softth which wasnt too much hassle. At the same time I took PeterP's advise from another thread and use softth to set my triple screens up in portait-landscape-portrait. Its working well and you can press a hot key when in CA mode to have everything render on one screen, in my case I made that my center screen.

sorry, it doesnt show CA, just softth with new monitor orientation but it only took 30 mins to set it up. It should take less if you just have a simple monitor config and just want to use it for the CA fix.

I have found the solution for HUD and FOV.

Open iinfo.lua located in:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Cockpit

Change the last line

dedicated_viewport = {LockOn_Options.screen.width/2,LockOn_Options.screen.height/2*aspect,LockOn_Options.screen.width/2,LockOn_Options.screen.height/2*aspect}

by:

dedicated_viewport = {singleMonitorWidth/2+singleMonitorWidth,singleMonitorHeight/2*aspect,singleMonitorWidth/2,singleMonitorHeight/2*aspect}

Example (5760x1080 resolution):

dedicated_viewport = {1920/2+1920,1080/2*aspect,1920/2,1080/2*aspect}

Also I have found how to increase the fov, I have it working but I must to filter what of the files altered is the key

softthdcsexe20120715011.jpg

Edited by Hawat3001
Image added

Anyone else tried this? I would like some confimation before messing up with more lua files. Thanks.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

I'm running a 760x1980 setup, screen above the main 5760x1080) is for Helios.

With iinfo tweak, i notice that some indicator have change but the info view (amo, gear, weapon ...) stay hidden.

I tweak in the same spirit iinfo2.lua and this information appears .....

Now, need to change the FOV of the general hud and to fix the F10 view

Anyone else tried this? I would like some confimation before messing up with more lua files. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7-960 / 12Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram / Asus GTX980 Ti Strix / Asus PB287Q / TIR 5+Clip Pro Logitech G13/ TM Warthog N°01295 / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Win Seven 64bits/ TM Cougar MFDs (Vers. 1) / 1 Syncmaster 206BW running Helios

I'm running a 760x1980 setup, screen above the main 5760x1080) is for Helios.

With iinfo tweak, i notice that some indicator have change but the info view (amo, gear, weapon ...) stay hidden.

I tweak in the same spirit iinfo2.lua and this information appears .....

Now, need to change the FOV of the general hud and to fix the F10 view

Could you perhaps post your iinfo2.lua? With my configuration (main screen 1920x1080, secondary 1280x1024 to the right), I didn't manage to get the info text in the proper place.

I'll have a go with softTH this evening, to see if it works satisfactory.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Open iinfo.lua located in:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Cockpit

Change the last line

dedicated_viewport = {LockOn_Options.screen.width/2,LockOn_Options.screen.height/2*aspect,LockOn_Options.screen.width/2,LockOn_Options.screen.height/2*aspect}

by:

dedicated_viewport = {singleMonitorWidth/2+singleMonitorWidth,singleMonitorHeight/2*aspect,singleMonitorWidth/2,singleMonitorHeight/2*aspect}

Example (5760x1080 resolution):

dedicated_viewport = {1920/2+1920,1080/2*aspect,1920/2,1080/2*aspect}

Also I have found how to increase the fov, I have it working but I must to filter what of the files altered is the key

softthdcsexe20120715011.jpg

Could you perhaps post your iinfo2.lua? With my configuration (main screen 1920x1080, secondary 1280x1024 to the right), I didn't manage to get the info text in the proper place.

I'll have a go with softTH this evening, to see if it works satisfactory.

For iinfo2 tweak it's the same modification than Hawat3001 describe for iinfo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, then it happens to work for 3 screens, but with my config (main 1920x1080, secondary 1280x1024) I'll have to tinker on.

BTW, my edit of iinfo.lua looked as follows (which worked for the gun HUDs):

dedicated_viewport = {singleMonitorWidth/2,singleMonitorHeight/2*aspect,singleMonitorWidth/2,singleMonitorHeight/2*aspect}

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

Workaround :

Only workaround up to now is to use SoftTH with DCS -

SoftTH has the function to draw all content that is spread among other screens at your main screen by using a hot-key : [AppKey+S]

So you can jump in a A-10 and spread everything like usual - and when you change to a commander position - you can bring everything at a single screen without much hassle.

Learn more in this thread: SoftTH NEWS

OK, so I tried SoftTH after reading it's readme and Peter's very helpful posts about it. It sounded very promising and the setup seemed pretty easy.

But... I ran into a problem. The mouse cursor is not working correctly on the main head. I can't click buttons in certain portions of the screen. The cursor changes shape and after some tests it turned out I had displaced desktop icons. On the second head the cursor works as it should. I did a forum search and couldn't find any similar reports. So I'm posting the problem here as it still concerns the workaround for the multimonitor problem which this thread discusses.

My config: 1920x1080 + 1280x1024

windowsscreenresolution.png

I have attached my options.lua, multimonitorsetup.lua (Camera+LMFCD(on right side).lua) and config.SoftTHconfig as well.

Could someone please explain where the error in my setup might be? I've tried different versions of configurations both in the SoftTHconfig, the options.lua and its multimonitorsetup.lua to no avail..

SoftTH_setup.zip

Edited by PhoenixBvo
Found a better reference post for quoting

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO