DCS: F/A-18E Super Hornet

jmod

wow exciting yet it is intriguing, i guess we should wait for Wags to announce it, i was truly hoping for ED to do the hornet with their AFM, i guess we can now speculate that the F-16 is the next ED Jet...

Ad I guess with all these aircraft comeing to live, ED will have something up their sleeve to deal with the AFM issue.

Great times ahead. But phuww the waiting will be long.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is some good news, I would really love to fly the F-18E Hornet again, its been a long time since Jane F-18. If this company is just starting this adventure it will be an awful long time before we see a beta or finish product unless the work with VRS. In the mean time I hope ED will announce and release thier jet while we wait.

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Of all the developers out there, I'd trust VRS above anyone else (except maybe ED) to make a DCS:Superbug

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Im in tears! VF-31 FOR LIFE!

Computer: I7 12700K OC 5.0 All Cores, EVGA 3070TI FTW 3, MSI Tomahawk Z690 DDR4 WIFI, 64 GB Corsair DDR4 3600 MHz, M.2 NVME 3TB

Gear: Virpil T-50CM2 Mongoose Stick, CM3 Base, CM3 Throttle, Logitech Pedals, HP Reverb G2

Modules: F-15E, F-18C, F-16C, F-14, A-10C II, AV-8B, M-2000C, Mirage F1, F-5, AH-64D, MI-24, KA-50, Nevada TTR, Syria, Persian Gulf, Falklands, Sinai, Afghanistan 

Of all the developers out there, I'd trust VRS above anyone else (except maybe ED) to make a DCS:Superbug

At least they have an existing product to gauge their abilities from.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

http://coretexdesigns.com/

But it still under construction...

I saw that. To me that is more pitiful than no page at all.

That is like putting your resume on an employment site but all it contains is your name.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

look at their Facebook,nuff said.

Anyone else notice that the 'company' name is not spelled the same at the top of the image as it is on the web address or in the lower corner.

The picture on their facebook page is this model:

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-super-hornet-fighter-tomcatters-model/655908

I used the same model to do this (early, work-in-progress) rendering of the same aircraft (for the cross-platform, indepdent simulator I'm working on):

So I hope they do get around to do more than copy the rendering from the Turbosquid page.

off-topic: if anyone else is interested I've also rendered an F-16C Block 52 an F-14D. Look for them in YouTube close to the YouTube link I gave. Please do not post any comments about them in this thread (try to stay on-topic, please).

Edited by Moa

I think Wags and friends are killing their F5 buttons and laughing their **** off :D

Which indeed would be very funny.

But either way if its a joke or a lesson or the truth it doesn't exclude the DCS C version to get built.

My Cockpit still has the chance to get the right module, hehe

Edited by Weltensegler

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

They officially stated it was a US fixed wing, so dunno.... least I thought they did.

Actually a popular us fix wing multirole!

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

-->

Anyone else notice that the 'company' name is not spelled the same at the top of the image as it is on the web address or in the lower corner.

Fire the web-graphics intern!, lol.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Nice to see you made the leap over from SimHq SkateZilla.

Nate

i meant to come over a while ago,

when i finish my new PC build, so i can play A-10C,

then the GPU failed burn in.

then the HOTAs died.

GPU is back, and CH Hotas parts (Stick/Throttle) are being shipped, Pedals are already here.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Fire the web-graphics intern!, lol.

You mean the ED intern that Wags went to saying:

"Ayt I have some fun for you, make up a company and reserve a domain we gonna teach those impatient simmers a lesson and feed a bit new rumors and excitement" :D

With movies its done similar everything is super secret and confidential even the name is not to be spoken even when the whole world knows already...keeps up expectation and value until release.

And I would lie if I say I don't enjoy that game on both sides :)

Moments in DCS:

-->

Man I'm skeptical about these guys I was nearly praying for a super horrnet but since noone seems to know who they are, their model was copied off of turbosquid, their Web page isnt finished and the fact that they announced it on a fb page makes me skeptical. I wish they would come here and introduce themselves and tell us their game plan and where their from.

Wags can you confirm if they have the go ahead to get a DCS tag?

I was really hoping that ED was going to announce their next aircraft as F-18SH but now I have a feeling their doing an F-16 or maybe a f-18C still. Maybe even both. But Id be happy either way. Anyway good luck to them.

Edited by KillarZ

:) Let's hope their attention to detail on that isn't indicative of the effort they'll put into the Hornet...

:thumbup: