No 30mm impact sound

TurboHog

What is the situation?

Do you mean hearing them from the cockpit of your plane, or hearing them when F7'd to the target?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 2 months later...

And I am also wrote about this problem here http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1516705&postcount=1 and similar problems about the sound.

We need this sound! :)

Thanks.

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Meh.

1.2.2 STILL not fixed. There are TONS of impact sounds missing! 30mm, 23mm ZU23 impacts, impacts for tunguska and shilka weapons, so much stuff is missing man! The only thing that works for sure are the explosions of the tank rounds.

This is not cool.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

• 2 weeks later...

The impact sounds are still missing.

Please ED fix this!! I (We) need the sounds.

Another idea: When i am firing the GAU8, turn the colors to black and white, a piano ist playing and the the words appear: BUMM, BANG, PAFF.

Then Charlie Chaplin looks stunnend into the camera. :music_whistling:

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

• 4 weeks later...
A known Bug.

Nate

Was just watching a replay and felt the need to revive my thread. Apparently I am not the only one to report this for DSCW 1.2.2...

Dear ED,

I appreciate all your efforts and DCSW and the modules are heading in the right direction. But please fix this bug that was introduced with the first beta of DCS World. It has been more than six months now.

Six months a known bug and no fix?

Thank you.

'Frett'

• 2 months later...
Doubt it, at least not that I know of....

Nate

:huh:

All...

Right.

Should I PM all the devs or something? Surely this is 20 minutes work or less...

There have been a lot of 20 minutes since the announcement of the new patch and the actual release...

:doh:

Do they have a bet on this or something? Let's see how long we can keep this bug alive!

'Frett'

This really needs a fix. At the very least some info. Does anyone (ED) know why

a) the GAU-specific sounds do not play? To my knowledge they never have.

b) we no longer get generic explosions for the GAU instead?

This really breaks immersion :(

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Surely this is 20 minutes work or less...

I love it when non-programmers say how much work something would be... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

While it might be a bit naïve to assume it's a 20 minute job, there's only room for naïve speculation in the absence of ED telling us why it's not been fixed/why it can't be fixed.

I mean, it worked a few versions ago (just confirmed in the last standalone A10 version), and it doesn't seem like something difficult to reinstate.

Was it perhaps decided that individual cannon round impacts would lead to too many sound clips needing playing? If so, wouldn't it be possible to randomly select 1/4 or whatever impacts to play a sound?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

• 5 months later...

My favourite (known :megalol: ?!) bug survived DCSW 1.2.5. So proud!

No offence ED, you're doing a great job on DCSW. It's just that a very small bug like this is known for over a year now and is always ignored. Just like the Black Shark's Skhval and pulse doppler sensor that cannot be repaired.

'Frett'

Hmm, I've been working on an A-10A video and I certainly heard the 30mm impacts. Perhaps it's fixed on the dev side but has not been merged to a release yet.

Fingers crossed it is then.

Hopefully I will not be required to revive this thread again.

Thanks Wags!

'Frett'