Logitech G940 mode switch

Does anybody know how to use the Logitech G940 "mode switch" on the throttle to configure different "modes" for the joystick?

It seems that in the BS2 command mapper, the mode switch does not seem to work, or, am i doing something wrong here?

F.e., i would like to have "mode 1" dedicated to "targeting" commands, and mode 2 dedicated to "flight" commands.

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Does anybody know how to use the Logitech G940 "mode switch" on the throttle to configure different "modes" for the joystick?

It seems that in the BS2 command mapper, the mode switch does not seem to work, or, am i doing something wrong here?

F.e., i would like to have "mode 1" dedicated to "targeting" commands, and mode 2 dedicated to "flight" commands.

Sven

The mode switch is used to change modes from within your Logitech profile.

You might be able to program it to do something in the sim but that is not what it is there for.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thank you. Unfortunately, in the Logitech Profiler, a BS2 profile does not exist. Neither does it recognize at all DCS BS2 and DCS A-10C...

Or, is there any workaround for this one?

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive old thread but it would be nice to hear if someone has knowledge of binding the MODE switch to anything in Windows.

I have tried to search windows program what would allow to read input from that switch and bind it to even keyboard button, what I could then assign as a switch in DCS:BS but I have not found such program for Windows.

For Linux I know what can read all inputs on any device to see what are the codes but the SSD died and is waiting replacement.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Sorry to revive old thread but it would be nice to hear if someone has knowledge of binding the MODE switch to anything in Windows.

I have tried to search windows program what would allow to read input from that switch and bind it to even keyboard button, what I could then assign as a switch in DCS:BS but I have not found such program for Windows.

For Linux I know what can read all inputs on any device to see what are the codes but the SSD died and is waiting replacement.

As far as I know, the mode switch is not visible "from outside", it is not implemented as a regular joystick button. It can only be used with the logitech software.

• 1 month later...
As far as I know, the mode switch is not visible "from outside", it is not implemented as a regular joystick button. It can only be used with the logitech software.

I have send official request/recommendation for Logitech to consider if they would release a final firmware what would reveal that switch functions to Windows. Their respond time is 6-8 weeks usually and it has been now 2 weeks.

Some kind a output that device needs to send to computer as Logitech Gaming Software can read its position.

I don't keep hopes up but very faint dream is that if they would allow DirectX to see switch position, G940 would gain a huge boost for its life time.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I have send official request/recommendation for Logitech to consider if they would release a final firmware what would reveal that switch functions to Windows. Their respond time is 6-8 weeks usually and it has been now 2 weeks.

Some kind a output that device needs to send to computer as Logitech Gaming Software can read its position.

I don't keep hopes up but very faint dream is that if they would allow DirectX to see switch position, G940 would gain a huge boost for its life time.

Yeah, but asking doesn't hurt. :o)

My ideal solution would be, that the mode switch would change the USB id of the device. That way you could have 3 separate HOTAS (3 separate columns in the DCS Options) ... imagine what one could do with THAT ....:P

Yeah, but asking doesn't hurt. :o)

My ideal solution would be, that the mode switch would change the USB id of the device. That way you could have 3 separate HOTAS (3 separate columns in the DCS Options) ... imagine what one could do with THAT ....:P

Just having each of its position seen as a separate button would be great..

I wouldn't mind using the Logitech Profiler if it was at least as advanced as Saitek SST (with the separate press and release key mappings available). The way it is, the combo key combinations mostly don't work properly if pressed continuously and the forced option to tie every profile to some exe file is super annoying, so using that software is an exercise in frustration mostly.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

The mode switch works fine , but you have to edit it in the logitech profiler.

It you want have multiple profiles for DCS in the the g940 profiler logitech ( for each module that you have ) do this :

AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0ghz 8G Ram Windows 7 64bit ATI Radeon HD 5700 1G