ELPRS Not working?

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any tips to get ELPRS working for Friendly units? I've set the conditions to "True" however they still don't show up on TAD and the HUD.... I'm not sure if there is anything extra that needs to be done?

Any help will be much appreciated

VIPER

161 SQN AEF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7 7700X

Corsair H70 Cooler

Corsair DDR4 RAM 32 GB 2400mhz

2x Corsair Hydro GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SLI

Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TB

1200 watt Corsair PSU

ASUS 299 TUF MK II Mainboard

Corsair 800D Obsidian case

Correct.

An example of this would be F/A 18's are, but C-130's are not.

Correct. To further expand on this, I did a Notepad++ "find in files" search on ./Scripts/Database for "eplrs":

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\planes\A-10C.lua (1 hits)
Line 50: 		EPLRS = true,
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\planes\B-1B.lua (1 hits)
Line 45: 		EPLRS = true,
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\planes\B-52H.lua (1 hits)
Line 45: 		EPLRS = true,
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\planes\F-15E.lua (1 hits)
Line 43: 		EPLRS = true,
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\planes\F-16A-2.lua (1 hits)
Line 40: 		EPLRS = true,
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\planes\F-16C-2.lua (1 hits)
Line 40: 		EPLRS = true,
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\planes\FA-18C.lua (1 hits)
Line 57: 		EPLRS = true,
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\planes\RQ-1A_Predator.lua (1 hits)
Line 38: 		EPLRS = true,
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\Howitzers\M109 Paladin.lua (1 hits)
Line 76: GT.EPLRS = true
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\IFV\M1043.lua (1 hits)
Line 57: GT.EPLRS = true;
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\IFV\M1045.lua (1 hits)
Line 62: GT.EPLRS = true
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\IFV\M1126 Stryker ICV.lua (1 hits)
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\IFV\M113.lua (1 hits)
Line 56: GT.EPLRS = true
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\IFV\M1134 Stryker ATGM.lua (1 hits)
Line 92: GT.EPLRS = true
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\IFV\M2 Bradley.lua (1 hits)
Line 80: GT.EPLRS = true;
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\MLRS\M270 MLRS.lua (1 hits)
Line 90: GT.EPLRS = true
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\SAM\M163 Vulcan.lua (1 hits)
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\SAM\M48 CHAPARRAL.lua (1 hits)
Line 63: GT.EPLRS = true
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\SAM\M6 Linebacker.lua (1 hits)
Line 91: GT.EPLRS = true
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\SAM\M973 Avenger.lua (1 hits)
Line 85: GT.EPLRS = true
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\SAM\radar\AN-MPQ-51 HAWK SR.lua (1 hits)
Line 64: GT.EPLRS = true
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\Tanks\M1128 Stryker MGS.lua (1 hits)
Line 101: GT.EPLRS = true
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\Tanks\M1A1 Abrams.lua (1 hits)
Line 113: GT.EPLRS = true
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\unarmed\AN-MSQ-104 Patriot ECS.lua (1 hits)
 C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Database\vehicles\unarmed\M1025 Hummer.lua (1 hits)
Line 27: GT.EPLRS = true

So that should be a listing of all the units that are capable of using EPLRS and showing up on the TAD. Note that some special rules seem to apply to ground unit groups- only a single unit in the group will show up on the TAD, I think. I'm not sure what happens if that unit dies- I think that used to be "it" for that group & the datalink, but ED may have fixed it now so that if another EPLRS capable unit exists in the group, then they will turn on their EPLRS. Don't quote me on it though.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Thanks for the information so far guys,

Im still having problems getting the green X's to show up despite having ELPRS set to "True" and using these units, Particularly for JTAC units like Humvees is where I would like to use it.

VIPER

161 SQN AEF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7 7700X

Corsair H70 Cooler

Corsair DDR4 RAM 32 GB 2400mhz

2x Corsair Hydro GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SLI

Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TB

1200 watt Corsair PSU

ASUS 299 TUF MK II Mainboard

Corsair 800D Obsidian case

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the information so far guys,

Im still having problems getting the green X's to show up despite having ELPRS set to "True" and using these units, Particularly for JTAC units like Humvees is where I would like to use it.

If you set the unit to being invisible (sometimes the norm for JTAC's for mission integrity and fluidity), then it will not show up on the TAD via the EPLRS system. However, set an AI Task to turn it to on when a specific condition is met, for example all units killed.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

ELPRS is not shown on the HUD, only on the TAD - However there is a hack for it buried in the scripts somewhere.

Nate

Why DID that go away? Judged to be unrealistic or something?

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Why DID that go away? Judged to be unrealistic or something?

I think they were asked to remove it - why or by whom exactly I'm not sure. IIRC ELPRS was initially to be removed completely, however a concession was made to have it TAD only. I don't know the details.

Nate

Also to note it goes by the lead vehicle.. even if the group has ELPRS equipped units and the lead is not the group will not show up.

I have this mistake by having a LAV25 lead, even with all the other vehicles ELPRS equipped the group would not show up.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

I think they were asked to remove it - why or by whom exactly I'm not sure. IIRC ELPRS was initially to be removed completely, however a concession was made to have it TAD only. I don't know the details.

Nate

Probably a security thing? Though it doesnt make much sense to me why...

If it's a security thing, too late now, the cat's already out of the bag, lol. Might as well put it back.

I created a simple JTAC practice mission. Couple things I noticed:

The green "x" doesn't show up immediately in TAD. Not sure if it's because I have to be within a certain range, or whether it shows up after contacting JTAC, or whether it's the sequence of my waypoint events. More testing is required.

Also, I have Invisible = True as the first event for my JTAC Humvee. The Humvee still shows up in view, however, it is in range of the Targets which are a group of IFV's and if it was visible, the Humvee would be toast, so I guess invisibility is working. Guess it's only invisible to AI. I'll try and post the mission when I get home from work.

Edited by Tailgate

Nothing to do with 'security', EPLRS friend symbology was removed from the because it's not there in reality. It's only displayed on the TAD and in the TGP.

Yes it's range limited as with any radio based system.

Note: EPLRS and SADL are not the same thing, although EPLRS links with SADL in order for symbology to be displayed in the aircraft. And if you want to confuse people, SADL wasn't even available on suite 3.1. And even though there the switch says JTRS the aircraft the A-10C doesn't have JTRS.

The invisible advanced action does indeed only affect a units visibility to AI units and nothing else.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL