Separatists Aggression The Campaign

Separatists%20Aggressions%20title3.jpg

Whelp, here it is

CURRENT VERSION = DCS 1.5 Open Beta compatible

DCS website download available in a few days.

DOWNLOAD from dropbox for Regular version

DOWNLOAD from dropbox for Server version that has has mission rotation

Mission 1 - The Breakout - Included in pack

Mission 2 - The Plunge - Included in pack

Mission 3 - Sukhumi Setup - Included in pack

Mission 4 - Proxy War --NOW RELEASED! 5/2/13-- Mission Post link (Briefing and images)

Mission 5 - TBA

Mission 6 - TBA

--Briefings--

(dont worry, the images are a little better on the second mission :lol:)

--Part ONE of Separatists Aggressions: The Breakout--

x8 A10's x4 Ka50

Mission by =DFA=Graywo1f

SL Mod by Speed

Chief tester and trigger troubleshoot extraordinaire - Grimes

--Situation--

The year is 2014.... Relations are strained once again between Georgia and its separatists regions. Abkhazia has become greatly angry towards Georgia and the US. Angry because Georgia has allowed US Military bases to be built in the region because of their war with Iran. That and the recent power grab in Abkhazia by a military regime leader, who for the past few years has vastly expanded the Abkhazian militia, building tanks IFV's and small arms faster than MacGyver! Also the regime is allegedly using violence against Georgians inside Abkhazia. South Ossetia is backing Abkhazia and insurgents from South Ossetia seem to be mobilizing....

All this has caught the eyes of NATO, who has begun supplying Georgia. Georgia is crying out for help from the international community. Saying that Abkhazian troops are committing genocide on Georgians! Any attempt by the Georgian military to cross the boarders to rescue civilians has resulted in clashes by opposing forces and mercenaries that the regime has brought in.

NATO is now in Georgia with limited force, who with the Georgians, will invade Abkhazia, while also keeping a close eye on South Ossetia. The US has deployed limited forces in Georgia, including a squadron of A10's and F15's for CAP. The brunt of airstrikes will have to be carried out via A10's and Georgian Su25's.

The NATO and Georgian invading force will have to rely heavily on airpower and with limited aircraft in the region, there is a lot weighing on your shoulders to get the job done.

Your job is to cooperate with NATO command receiving coordinates for airstrikes, interdiction missions, and to provide air cover to ground forces in Abkhazia with AFAC help if needed.

Being able to enter lat long coordinates in this mission is a must.

About Russia

Russia has said it would be a..... bad idea to cross the boarder into their airspace... so try not to.... They have been awfully quiet during this whole mess.... US and Russian relations have backpedaled a tad, because of US bases on their boarder. Russia has become more hands off with Georgia, since their long hated regime leader Mikheil Saakashvili did not retain power after last years elections. Since Saakashvili did loose, Russia pulled all of their troops out of the separatists regions because of the destabilizing region, and the troops being needed in Chechnya with things heating up there again.

Tasks

For UTC coordinates use grid 37T if necessary.

1. Soften up enemy forces along the Abkhazian front at the waypoints.

2.Once softened signal the friendly armor groups via radio commands to begin their invasion. If you do not signal the invasion it will automatically begin after an hour and a half.

Friendly Mi24's are available from a nearby FARP. Call them in if needed. 2 Georgian Su25's will fly in after 40 minutes of mission start to help.

3. After the convoy is moving, HQ will give you tasks to do. If you missed the tasking just ask them to repeat it in the radio commands. You can request 2 tasks at a time... it is possible to request more than 2 but the radio F10 menu will get cluttered.

A10's take off from Kutaisi and Georgians from Senaki..... US supplies are available at Senaki for rearmament and repair. Bullseye is located over Senaki.

---FREQUENCIES---

All combat operations 124.5Mhz

Tanker Frequency is 150Mhz

Kutaisi is 134Mhz

Senaki is 132Mhz

All FARP's 127.5Mhz

IMPORTANT!!! CHAT MESSAGE COMMANDS!!! type these into chat to set a flag true in the mission... an alternative to the F10 other radio commands.....

"startinvasion" --- type this into chat to start NATO invasion

"choppersupport" --- type this into chat to signal Mi24 support

"requesttask" --- type this into chat to get a new task

"getupdate" --- type this into chat to get mission update

briefing-pic1-mission1.jpg

briefing-pic2mission1.jpg

briefingpic3mission1.jpg

--Part Two of Separatists Aggressions: The Plunge--

8 A10's and 4 KA-50's

Mission by Graywo1f

SL mod by Speed

Chief tester and trigger troubleshoot extraordinaire - Grimes

--Situation--

Welcome back Gentleman! To day 2 of our campaign invading Abkhazia. Yesterday you helped provide air cover to our forces attacking across the Inguri River from Georgia into Abkhazia, as well as completed a variety of secondary tasks. Georgian and NATO forces have set up a foothold and today will be continuing the invasion. They have not had much time since yesterday to re-mobilize a sizable force that we know of. Still they could have some tricks up their sleeve. Many of their foces remain fragmented after yesterday, lots have pulled back, so it could be interesting to see any of them get mobilized. Your task is to provide air cover to the advancing invasion force, as well as complete any secondary tasks assigned to you.

Don't forget to look through the briefing pictures, I tried to make them as helpful as I could as to what the ground forces were doing....

Task

1. Provide air cover to the invading ground force. JTAC help is available. Scan roads near towns and villages for defenders, on roads, near roads or what you might think is a good defensive spot. The invading force will need as much help as possible. Help them! Or the mission CAN FAIL.
  2. Receive tasks from command for secondary missions, be careful when operating over enemy airspace. The F-15's will cover you if any air threats come up, but they can't do anything if a SAM gets fired at you. You'll be operating over enemy airspace all day, keep that in mind.
  3. WATCH OUT for friendly fire! Georgians are using Russian technology! Keep in mind the mission briefing pictures and the call-signs of groups.
  4. You will be able to request additional SEAD flights or even request some CAS help from the Georgians. Use them wisely. (Radio F10, or chat if SL mod)
  5. If you have to leave the AO, Make sure you let the artillery know to resume fire missions (Radio F10, or chat if SL mod), so the invaders have some support while your gone! Or even request a CAS flight a few mins before you have to bug out.
  6. If the Predator JTAC is not being very helpful.... You can call in an A10c FAC in radio F10 other, or chat commands if SL mod is running

FREQUENCIES

CAS and JTAC – 124Mhz AM

CAP and AWACS – 151Mhz AM

Tanker – 150Mhz AM

Senaki/Kolkie – 132Mhz AM

All FARP's - 127.5Mhz

SL MOD CHAT COMMANDS – type these out, just the way you see them in order to do what the description says......

get update = To get an update on the current missions assigned to you.

start attack = To go ahead and tell the invaders to begin their attack

pop smoke = all friendlies pop smoke

signal flare = friendlies fire signal flare (night only)

request task = have a lot of pilots with you? Why not split up! Use this to get another task.

request CAS = request 2 Su25's to help you with close air support

request A10 FAC = that dumb predator drone pilot is sleeping at the job or something....

request artillery = leaving the area? Tell command artillery fire missions can resume.

Image%201-1.jpg

Image%202-1.jpg

Image%203-1.jpg

--Separatists Aggression Part Three: Sukhumi Setup--

8 A10's and 8 KA-50's

Mission by Graywo1f

SL mod by Speed

Chief tester and trigger troubleshoot extraordinaire – Grimes

--Situation--

Welcome once again gentleman, to day 3 of our campaign invading Abkhazia. Today Georgian and NATO forces will once again be continuing their invasion. The objective for the ground forces will be to punch through Ochamchira, and drive North Westward along the close and get as close to Sukhumi as they can today. Once Ochamchira has roughly been cleared, some of the invasion force will drive North to eradicate enemy forces in and around Tkvarcheli..... Out Eastward, South Ossetian forces have attacked a small chunk of Georgia and 4 KA-50's have been deployed east to help Georgian forces push back the Ossetian force. As for the Abkhazian front, the main objective is for the invading force to get as close as they can to Sukhumi and secondary tasks being any targets assigned from command that need dealt with on the fly. The more hogs that enter the area, the more the enemy might do to knock you or the friendly invading force out so be on your toes.

--- TASKs --- SL CHAT COMMANDS AT BOTTOM --

WEST FORCES

1 – Provide close air support to invasion force. Friendly invasion force located at WP 1 for both hogs and sharks. They will be attacking from that position towards the next WP.

2 – Provide air cover for friendlies heading North to Tkvarcheli. Tkvarcheli is WP 6 for hogs, and WP 8 for sharks. Friendlies will break off of main group to head north via valley roads to Tkvarcheli.

3 – receive and complete secondary tasks from command. Some of these tasks will be VITAL for success in the invasion.

4 – if you are unsure where friendlies are, type “pop smoke” into chat if you have SL mod running, or use the F10 command menu.

CAS and JTAC – 124Mhz AM

Senaki-Kolki - 132Mhz AM

CAP and AWACS – 151Mhz AM

Tanker – 150Mhz AM Tacan 10x

Madrid FARP west - 131Mhz AM

Warsaw FARP east – 130Mhz AM

EAST FORCES Ka50's

1 – Provide close air support for friendlies pushing back enemy South Osetians. The FIRST waypoint is friendly “Bulldog 1.1”, the SECOND waypoint is the Georgian city of “Gori” currently under friendly control.

2 – ENEMY FORCES start at the THIRD waypoint onwards. Waypoint 3 is enemy artillery and armor guard... The rest are Osetian positions. Eradicate the Osetians from Georgia with the help of the 2 Bulldog groups. Bulldog 1.1 at WP 1 and Bulldog 2.1 which starts their attack from Gori.

3 – if you are unsure where friendlies are, type “pop smoke” into chat if you have SL mod running, or use the F10 command menu.

4 – Russia has made it abundantly clear that if ANY aircraft strays across the boarder for too far. It WILL be shot down. Please be careful.

SL MOD CHAT COMMANDS – type these out, just the way you see them in order to do what the description says...... Case matters! Only works if you have SL mod installed server side.

get update = To get an update on the current missions assigned to you.

request task = have a lot of pilots with you? Why not split up! Use this to get another task

found something = If you found that thing you were looking for.... Only type in when told to do so. OR YOU WILL BREAK THINGS =P

start attack = To go ahead and tell the invaders to begin their attack

pop smoke = friendlies pop smoke!

signal flare = friendlies fire a signal flare.

request CAS = request 2 Su25's to help you with close air support

request A10 FAC = that dumb predator drone pilot is sleeping at the job or something....

Mission-3-1.jpg

Mission-3-2.jpg

Mission-3-3.jpg

Mission-3-4.jpg

Mission-3-5.jpg

If you have any comments or issues let me know! Use these missions however you want! This campaign is for you! yes YOU! Just be kind and keep my name in the briefing. other than that she's all yours!

Edited by graywo1fg
  • Like 2

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Yup thanks for that quick find Sorcer3r :)

Updated version 1b

-heyyyy the FARPs should now rearm you.... added the SKP11 cp vehicle...

-enemy artillery set to a timer now, and skill reduced. (they wiped out a friendly group too quickly

-chat command added - "pop smoke" - which has all friendlies pop smoke on their current positions

Sorry for the fail on that. enjoy 1b :P

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

It's great... thx to all who flew it tonight on MBP Pajceki server... I guess my squadron will have a really good time flying this mission tomorrow...

One thing, there was no green X on TGP for friendly armour collumn... Maybe to describe the friendly units in briefing, cause there was this T72 collumn with Strela 10 on the rear and we almost sticked our fangs in it... guess it was Georgian cause it didn't shoot us down...

All in all, some great new refreshing tasks for us Hog driverz! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

hey i'm glad you enjoyed it! =) btw, there is no X's on the Georgian units, as for the US units, i will have to double check on the EPLRS... However! in the latest 1b version.... if you type in "pop smoke" all friendly units will pop smoke on their locations ;) btw.. it does say what they are doing in the briefing and keep in mind the briefing pictures :P i'll check on the datalink for the US tanks.... Georgian ones will not have that, they do not have that technology. I'll add more info to briefings

Edited by graywo1fg

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

I played a bit of both currently released missions last night and enjoyed them. I like the mix of static and dynamic taskings. I also liked that the IR SAM threats are there to keep you on your toes, but not so heavy that you can never use your gun. However, I did notice that in one of the missions (probably the first, I don't remember exactly), the friendly forces got jammed up on a bridge and never seemed to progress.

Sigh* yeah that would have been the first one LOL. Thanks for reporting that, i'll have to spread em out a bit more, even though all groups were going the same speed, when one convoy gets right behind the other, weird things can happen. dumb bridge :P

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Sigh* yeah that would have been the first one LOL. Thanks for reporting that, i'll have to spread em out a bit more, even though all groups were going the same speed, when one convoy gets right behind the other, weird things can happen. dumb bridge :P

Or smart enemy bridge ;)

Looking forward to flying this campaign.

We flew it last night, on our training session... 5 of us... everything went smooth and we had great fun... There is only this one thing, when the Uzi flight (SU-25) starts communicating on 124.5 the radio space becomes so cluttered with their comms and echo that it become impossible to communicate on TS or with JTAC... not to mention their weird bullseye calls, like 111 for 350 and we're all over the Abkhazian border some 30 miles from bullseye... WTF?!? :)

Did I mention that till the end, we all payed our toll... last two to sneaky manpads over the Inguri dam task... I was "dropping flares" after a gun run on some armour by the dam but slightly forgot there were NO MORE FLARES left... :lol: Then BAM!!! Shook me so hard at my computer desk, my heart almost stopped! Cause me was assessing the kill over my shoulder, looking at the engines and the straffed unit when all together exploded and burst into flames... :cry:

The last time I got so scared at a computer "game" was the first facehugger clutch to my face in Alien vs Predator, like 10 years ago... :D

Landed the extinguished silent beast in some river near Zugdidi, my titanium bath-tub flipped and slowly drowned me to nothingness... (Yes, I was alive and sinkinking like Luke Skywalker in the frikkin Joda's swamp).

As the matter of fact, here goes our Tacview record...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL! great story! Unfortunately bullseye is broken in multiplayer, even though i had moved the bullseye to near the area, the AI in multiplayer think its in the default position in the middle of nowhere. Sorry about the cluttered coms. I cant change that.... maybe switch frequencies unless you want to talk to JTAC?

So did you play the first mission i take it? :) how many tasks were you able to complete? :P

WOAH WOAh woah..... Tacview works in DCS A10??????

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Yup... Tacview works with only one glitch and that is it shows Leopard tanks instead of T-55s or T-72s... don't know why is that so... in previous versions it was allright... :doh:

First we went with JTAC and visual scanning (TGP) to soften them bad boyz up... When the actual invasion started (by itself, we were too bussy to issue the command) I think we completed the mobile arty group task, the comm tower task and half of the units at the Inguri dam... After that we were all or CTD-ed, HOTAS malfunctioned, out of ammo or (the problem that stressed out the most our successfull task completition) dead... :megalol:

Tonight we go for day two I think... just installed slmod 5.3 instead of 5.2... does it affect your mission in any way?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aries, yes you can use SL mod with the mission to type in chat commands, however if you dont feel like using SL mod, and the server is not dedicated, whoever hosts can just use the F10 other commands ;)

@Ells228 will you help me find the end of the rainbow? LOL :D

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Put up a server yesterday and am totally new at this. I was asked if I used sl mode. What is it? Typing chat commands did not work. I told people to use \ and F10 Other, but wasn't sure if only I could use that or not. How do I make sure I am in sl mode?

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

Put up a server yesterday and am totally new at this. I was asked if I used sl mode. What is it? Typing chat commands did not work. I told people to use \ and F10 Other, but wasn't sure if only I could use that or not. How do I make sure I am in sl mode?

Slmod is Server Lua Mod. Look in DCS mods in the Mods and apps section. It gives you lua scripting to give more functions. This means clients can type messages into chat and then a flag will be set true. You can use it with LOS functions and all kind of things. Very useful. Easy to install as well.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

We flew the Day one mission again last night... this time went for the tasks... What's with the "Command Bunker of Heavens"? Does it have some charms or runes from Warcraft inscribed on it? It took like 4 GBU-12s and 2 MAVs and it wasn't enough, then one of my already frustrated wingmen rifled all 4 of his Mavericks and the thing was finally gone... I mean, the structures are more resistant in 1.1.1.1 but this was a little overkill... :music_whistling:

But I have to mention it was one of the best missions/trainings in this long DCS A-10C year... :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]