Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Joeben

Reputation power: 0
Joeben is on a distinguished road
Default Saitek SST Problem on Win 7 64 bit

Hi everyone,

I didn't know where else to post this, since I can't register at the Saitek forums. A couple of days ago I received my x52 pro. I was able to set up a custom profile using the SST software Ver. 7.0.2.7, and it was working fine. The next day though, the profile wouldn't register within DCS A10 and I couldn't open the profile editor without it becoming unresponsive and having to force exit it. I've tried uninstalling the software and drivers completely and reinstalling it with different versions but nothing has seemed to work.

I'm running windows 7 64 bit.
I was using the 64 bit software and drivers.
My windows is completely updated, so I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

If you can give any help, I'd really appreciate it so I can use my hotas to its fullest.

-Joeben
Joeben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
wtfisgoingon

Reputation power: 18
wtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of light

I had same issue with mine it was because i made the mistake of plugging in my x52 before I had run the driver install problem. So the drivers and SST would install but wouldn't work correctly at all and drove me nuts. Even though I could change some settings and it appeared to kind of work, it wouldn't load profiles even if I made a simple one with 1 key and saved it (that would work) but try and load it and fail!

I had to follow the instructions from Saitek to properly remove all traces of the drivers and software. Then re-install driver then SST (and do not plug in the x52 until the driver program ASKS you to plug it in, and then do so).

Here are the instructions you have to follow them all or the same problem happens again:

1. Unplug your device from the computer

2. Uninstall the drivers

3. Uninstall the SST programming software

4. Delete the Saitek folders from the following paths :
C:\Program Files
C:\Windows\Temp

5. Delete Saitek registry entries:

-Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the letter R. This will open the Run box. Type regedit and then click ok.

The Registry Editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order by clicking the + next to the folder name.

+HKEY_CURRENT_USER
+System
+CurrentControlSet
+Control
+Media Properties
+Private Properties
+Direct Input

Delete any folder inside the Direct Input folder that begins VID_06A3.

6. Reboot

7. Install the latest drivers and DO NOT PLUG IN YOUR X52 until the install program ASKS you to or you will have to redo this whole process.

Stuttering or fps problems? Updated April 25/11:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Check out this fantastic list of must have and FREE programs: http://www.logichaos.com/joomla/comp...r-windows.html
wtfisgoingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Joeben

Hey WTF,

So I followed your instructions, and it seems like the drivers are working fine. The game recognizes and responds to the stick using the in game profile. I'm just still having problems with the Smart technology software. It still keeps happening that every time I open the profile editor it becomes unresponsive, and I have to force quit. So I can't make a new profile or edit ones that I download.

I don't think its driver related. It has to be a problem with the software.

-Joeben
Old 01-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
wtfisgoingon

Reputation power: 18
wtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of lightwtfisgoingon is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Joeben,

Sorry to hear that! Have you tried using older versions of the SST?

Stuttering or fps problems? Updated April 25/11:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Check out this fantastic list of must have and FREE programs: http://www.logichaos.com/joomla/comp...r-windows.html
wtfisgoingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Joeben

Yeah I tried using the version provided on the CD and it didn't work either. I'm not sure what else I can do.

-Joeben
Old 02-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
BigShot

BigShot is on a distinguished road

Just curious here which version drivers everyone is using for Win7 64 bit?

From my experience the newest DRIVER i was able to find for 64bit win7 is 6.2.2.4, so that's what im running with, BUT...as far as the SST software im running 7.0.3.7.

I think this may be why im having some stability issues and even blue screens form time to time as well as often losing calibration within the game, but i dont know where to get a 7.0.3.7 driver for win7 64bit.

So, what version drivers on win7-64 is everyone else running here?
BigShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
Pikey

Reputation power: 19
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

Same here. Win7 64bit ultimate, same driver/profile versions. Stick works fine, profiler will eventually go nuts and hang. After that my system starts messing up too, like browsers can't get a page. Rebooting always resets this but killign the processes doesn't.

Can't regsiter and complain on the Saitek forums because they stopped taking new members (complaining about bots spamming).

This is a real issue because without the profiling software I lose a mouse and four sliders which renders the advantage of the stick over other cheaper ones pretty small if absolutely null.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
AtaliaA1

Reputation power: 13
AtaliaA1 is just really niceAtaliaA1 is just really niceAtaliaA1 is just really niceAtaliaA1 is just really niceAtaliaA1 is just really niceAtaliaA1 is just really niceAtaliaA1 is just really niceAtaliaA1 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaoslaad View Post
I have 6.2.2.4 and 7.0.2.7, which appear to the the latest available for download. Also have the X52 Pro and Windows 7 x64, fully up to date. The combination _should_ work.

I don't have the problem you do with the software becoming unresponsive, but pretty frequently the software stops applying the profile I select and no matter what I do I have to unplug the stick and reboot. After that it starts working again normally.

I love the stick hardware wise, but the software is junk. Wish I had an idea what might be causing you're issue, but honestly I do not.

I had that problem with the cases USB, I plugged the Controler into the Motherboards USB and it went away. PCs are finicky but it may be worth a shot for you. Assuming you are not already plugged into the MBs USB Port that is.
[I][FONT=Impact][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorchid]This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.
AtaliaA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #9
Tbag

Tbag is an unknown quantity at this point

Same problems here, can't load profiles, this is ridiculous!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
freaknout

freaknout is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to set this all up too and found that plugging the sucker into a USB 3.0 port was a no no. Lucky I've got a spare 2.0 otherwise I would never have know!
freaknout is offline   Reply With Quote