Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 97
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Fix for misplaced/stretched MP and Mission Gui - also for BS

Fix for misplaced/stretched MP and Mission Gui - and this works for DCS-BlackShark and DCS-A10c

When you are a Multi-monitor/Triple-Head user you have the GUI always stretched over your whole camera-view resolution by default.
So you can't read briefings correctly because of your bezel compensation or you simply can't reach some buttons on a multit-head setup
- up to know there was only a solution to edit multiple files in a very complicated way to fix this.
(Nvidia Surround multiplayer menu FIX)

But now I found out that you can easily create a own "view-port" for the GUI and place it anywhere you need.
And everything like communication menu, mission text and briefing, Multiplayer-GUI will only appear in this area.

Attached is a example and a pre-set for every Triple Head setup.

First a look on the default "1 Screen"setting for comparison on a 3840x1024 setup :

Multi-Player:

Mission:

This is how the "TripleHead.lua" will look:

TripleHead.lua - the code that I have added is in bold:
Quote:
_ = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('1 View-port and Gui for TH');
Description = '1 View-port and Gui for TH'
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = screen.width;
height = screen.height;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = screen.aspect;
}
}

Gui =
{
x = screen.width / 3;
y = 0;
width = screen.width / 3;
height = screen.height;
}

UIMainView = Gui
Multi-Player:

Mission:

How to use this TripleHead.lua:

copy the TripleHead.lua into:
<DCS install folder>\Config\MonitorSetup

And finally the "Gui test.lua" to demonstrate that you can place the GUI anywhere you want in any size:

Gui test.lua - the code that I have added is in bold

Quote:
_ = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Gui test');
Description = '1 View-port and Gui'
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = screen.width;
height = screen.height;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = screen.aspect;
}
}

Gui =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 1024;
height = 768;
}

UIMainView = Gui
Multi-Player:

Mission:

Download Gui test.lua

Download TripleHead.lua

PS:....wondering: Does ED know this ?! and if they know - why no one told this to us?!

EDIT:

And to make this thread complete - because people that have Multi-monitors will also face the same problem about a shifted/stretched NVG image:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...79#post1366379

I made a video tutorial how to make the focus.png fit with multi-monitor setups.

In this example I use a setup with two 1920x1080 monitors side by side.
But this method can be applied to all different combinations when you start with a screen-shoot of your setting.

A little OT but most that find above useful will also find this info valuable:
How to set a new FOV at mission start:

The default FOV at mission start is 75° - this is not enough for a Triple-Head system. So you may want to change this to something like 90°-120° , so you don't need to adjust this manually at mission start.

To set a new starting FOV:
> Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\View\SnapViewsDefault.lua
Spoiler:
of course edit the SnapViews.lua if you have set
UseDefaultSnapViews = false
in the View.lua file.

change Line #1059 the orange number
(Annotation in green tells you what each line controls)

and If you want to cange the min-max FOV:
>Eagle Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\View
and open the View.lua
edit line #118 the {min, max}

Example: Change both values to {60.0, 60.0} and your FOV is fixed at 60° and you will not be able to change the "Zoom" during mission.

__________________________________________________ ________________________
Maybe some of you who find this above tweaks useful for your set-up will also like this...

How to move/resize the Controls Indicator:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
OK, Pitbull- You are a lucky guy! - I had a some time on my hands for a deeper look - and I found the right triggers that are responsible for the placement of the control indicator in the cockpit-view.
(BTW : I took me only 7min to find the right lines.. be warned that will also change the position of the CTRL-Indicator in the "HUD-only" view")

... here we go:

First go to
DCS:BlackShark 1.1.1.1:
\DCS Black Shark 2\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\ControlsIndicator

DCS: A10C 1.1.1.1:
\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\ControlsIndicator

than open
ControlsIndicator_page.lua
with a proper Editor (>>> Notepad++)

Than edit the size in line #14
>> local size = 0.15 -- 0.30 nearly doubles the width/height of the default one
and position in line #43
>> base.init_pos = {X-position,Y-position} -- both values can be decimal and negative

I made some quick testing and instead of posting lots of pictures that show nearly the same; I copied each different position into the same screen.

I made notes which values are used for each position.

Now you should know enough how to create your own desired spawn point of the CTRL-Indicator.
Keep in mind than you have to use different values on diffident resolutions
(...Up to now I not fully aware what exact logic triggers the spawn-point.
But up to now I can say that when moving the indicator (size 0.15) from x0 to x1 -it will equal 384 pixels and all values are bound to the centre of the XYjoystick position cross.).

See...

Its a whole different thing compared to moving the Radio-menu

Tip:

First set the wished Size - and than place it where you want it. - Because resizing it will change the relative position again , and you have to start over again.

Setting up a custom resolution that is always selectable and starting the GUI always windowed (DCS:World):

>>>
Fix: adding a custom resolution to in-game options.

Quote:
So you don't have to edit your options.lua again after switching.

This works with all DCS engine simulations - I tested this in build 1.1.1.1 with A-10C and BS2.

This is helpful for cockpit builders with a custom windowed resolution and/or 3DTV/SoftTH users.

To make a custom resolution always selectable from the in game drop-down menu you have to edit :

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\>your DCS simulation<\MissionEditor\data\scripts

optionsData.lua with a proper editor (Notepad++).
Always make a backup of the file before you edit!

and change it like I show starting at line # ~ 356 and look out for "resolution"

before:
Quote:
resolution = {
__value__ = '1024x768',
control = 'combo',
values = {},
after:
Quote:
resolution = {
__value__ = '1024x768',
control = 'combo',
values = {
{ id = "1280x720", dispName = "3DTV 1280p"},
},
Now you should be able to select "3DTV 1280p" whenever you like.

"1280x720" and "3DTV 1280p" is only a example!

You can set in your needed resolution and name it how you wish. - just make sure it is legit!

You even can add multiple custom resolutions.
This would look like this:

Quote:
resolution = {
__value__ = '1024x768',
control = 'combo',
values = {
{ id = "3840x2160", dispName = "All screens/Helios"},
{ id = "1280x720", dispName = "3DTV 1280p"},
{ id = "600x400", dispName = "Too small for nice view"},
},
On a related note:

You can also add custom aspect ratios that are not selectable by default - you may want to use it because you scale 1280x1024 pixels on a native 1920x1080px monitor.

Do this in the same file beginning in line # ~400 and look out for "aspect"

Quote:
aspect = {
__value__ = 1.333333333,
control = 'combo',
values = {
{ id = "4:3", dispName = "4:3"},
{ id = "3:2", dispName = "3:2"},
{ id = "5:4", dispName = "5:4"},
{ id = "16:9", dispName = "16:9"},
{ id = "16:10", dispName = "16:10"},
{ id = "22:10", dispName = "SoftTH"},
},
You can see I added 22:10 and called it SoftTH.

Edit:
This all works also in DCS World 1.2.2

This is an instruction how to run the GUI in DCS:World always windowed while the Sim starts fullscreen:

This is how it's done:

Navigate to ...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\MissionEditor
and open the MissionEditor.lua with a proper editor (Notepad++)

Make a backup of this file before you change it!!!!!!

Than go to line #195

and change it from this:
Quote:
return width, height, fullscreen
to this:
Quote:
return 1024, 768, false
1024x768 is an example - You can put in your wished resolution for the windowed GUI.
Just make sure your height is smaller as your over all res e.g. for a screen that is 1080 in height use 1020 - so the Launcher will be windowed .
(subtract always at least the height of the top bar of the window from your overall available height.)

Now every-time you start DCS-World the GUI will be windowed in the resolution you have set. But the Simulation will start as set in the options-menu .

If you ran into bugs and you want to report them please check first if they are also at this list:

>>>
A Plea for View-Export/Multi-head/TH Users.

@ moderators:

Please rename this thread to "Triple-head/Multi-Monitor GUI and NVG Fix" and make it please a sticky.

(I answered 4 questions about exact this problems in the last 24 hours in newly opened threads...)

and here is the same thread in the DCS-A10 section: Triple-head/Multi-Monitor GUI and NVG Fix
...and un-stick this one - as this solution is now obsolete and only works for TH-setups out of the box: Nvidia Surround multiplayer menu FIX/MOD

Last edited by PeterP; 01-16-2013 at 06:06 AM.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Camel

Reputation power: 0
Camel is on a distinguished roadCamel is on a distinguished road

Hi Peter,

I've got the same problem with the score window (in game score window that is).
Do you have an idea how to fix that too?

UIMainView = Viewports.Center or the GUI Viewport didn't fix that.

thanks

Last edited by Camel; 01-20-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
PeterP
Veteran

PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Don't know a (easy) method how to reposition it with a simple file edit...

But:

This score/debriefing pop-up window is click-able - and you can place it anywhere you want when you click'n'drag it at the very top of it.

It will hold its position through the whole mission.

So as long your monitor configuration allows to see a tiny bit of the top of the score/debriefing window you should have no problem to set it once up at mission start.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Camel

Camel is on a distinguished roadCamel is on a distinguished road

That will work. Thanks.
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
GregP

Reputation power: 19
GregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really nice

PeterP, just gave it a try and it works wonderfully, thanks for sharing this!
i5-2500K @ 4.8 GHz / Asus P8P67 Pro / 16GB DDR3-1600 / 2xGTX 980 Ti 6GB / Sound Blaster Z / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFDs / CH Products Throttle Quadrant / X-Keys XK-80 / X-Keys Professional / Panasonic TC-58AX800U 58" 4K TV

DCS: A-10C Startup & Takeoff |DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Startup & Takeoff |
DCS: A-10C 5-Minute Startup on 4K Screen |
DCS on a 55" 4K TV | How to setup a T-shaped, 4-screen display
GregP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
PeterP
Veteran

Quote:
Fix for misplaced/stretched MP and Mission Gui - and this works for DCS-BlackShark and DCS-A10c
sorry doesn't read something about FC in this headline... but I'm sure it will work with FC3.
So , NO - cant say that this will not work with FC2.
I didn't tried...
Did you tried?!

Old 02-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
SoulHarvestor

SoulHarvestor is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried putting the triplehead.lua in fc2/config/monitorsetup and I could select it but I guess FC2 doesn't know what UIMainView = Gui is, because it did not work. I will try it with FC3 as I am getting that ASAP. Thank you for the reply.
SoulHarvestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
goon3r

Reputation power: 8
goon3r is on a distinguished roadgoon3r is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot for this PeterP. Excellent work.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
PeterP
Veteran

Maybe some of you who find this above tweaks useful for your set-up will also like this...

How to move/resize the Controls Indicator:

Quote:
OK, Pitbull- You are a lucky guy! - I had a some time on my hands for a deeper look - and I found the right triggers that are responsible for the placement of the control indicator in the cockpit-view.
(BTW : I took me only 7min to find the right lines.. be warned that will also change the position of the CTRL-Indicator in the "HUD-only" view")

... here we go:

First go to
DCS:BlackShark 1.1.1.1:
\DCS Black Shark 2\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\ControlsIndicator

DCS: A10C 1.1.1.1:
\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\ControlsIndicator

than open
ControlsIndicator_page.lua
with a proper Editor (>>> Notepad++)

Than edit the size in line #14
>> local size = 0.15 -- 0.30 nearly doubles the width/height of the default one
and position in line #43
>> base.init_pos = {X-position,Y-position} -- both values can be decimal and negative

I made some quick testing and instead of posting lots of pictures that show nearly the same; I copied each different position into the same screen.

I made notes which values are used for each position.

Now you should know enough how to create your own desired spawn point of the CTRL-Indicator.
Keep in mind than you have to use different values on diffident resolutions
(...Up to now I not fully aware what exact logic triggers the spawn-point.
But up to now I can say that when moving the indicator (size 0.15) from x0 to x1 -it will equal 384 pixels and all values are bound to the centre of the XYjoystick position cross.).

See...

Its a whole different thing compared to moving the Radio-menu

Tip:

First set the wished Size - and than place it where you want it. - Because resizing it will change the relative position again , and you have to start over again.

Last edited by PeterP; 03-24-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
Tyger

Reputation power: 104
Tyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud of

Credit where it is due, fairplay.

Great stuff Peter.

'T'

"Superbia excellentiam!"

Tyger is offline   Reply With Quote