Glitch with Naval Targets

JHzlwd

I am running BS 2 (1.1.1.1) and my system as described in the signature block is 100% up-to-date. Two things have come up.

(1) I am tuning up one of my own custom missions. Everything fine except for this ... If I target a naval vessel (gunboat in this case) and lob a Vikhr the missile quickly disappears from view (no smoke trail). At about the instant I predict it should hit the boat I get a popup from Windows "DCS has stopped running" and Windows looks for a fix, which it does not find. BS is now gone from the monitor and the trackball pointer as well. I then must use the "3 finger salute" to launch Task Manager to clear DCS.exe and recover use of the system before I can restart the sim. Rarely (and this is very amusing) after the Windows alert I get a BS popup saying I have earned the Purple Heart. Well, at least that is sort of an apology :~. Land targets are no problem. I have put BS 2 up on my other high-end machine and obtain exactly the same result. Naval targets break it every time. Workaround ... don't assign naval targets but really, I would like to have some. Have tried eliminating the wingman, moving waypoints and a lot of other manipulation of the mission parameters but no dice.

(2) This second glitch could be my fault/misunderstanding but never had it before with BS 1. My wingman refuses to obey any orders. If I request him to attack clearly visible targets he always replies "... unable". What's with him anyway? Then he loiters around like a sitting duck until someone shoots his pants off.

I7-2600K@4322 MHz / Asus P8Z77 Deluxe

EVGA GeForce1080 SC Video

Samsung EVO 850 SSD / Dell U2711 monitor@2560X1440

Saitek X55 "Rhino" / Logitech G510

Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Thanks. Unless something else is reported I will simply avoid naval targets for now on the assumption there will eventually be a fix.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Boat Attack Glitch Confirmed

Flew a bunch if test missions this aft and confirmed that infliciting damage on an armed speedboat with *any* weapon, be it rockets, cannon or missile (guided or unguided weapon makes no difference) crashes BS 2. Just one bullet nicks a boat and you'll need to bail out with Task Manager. Have not experimented with other water craft but would not be surprised if the same thing happened.

No doubt ED will fix this so until then best to leave any boats alone.

Otherwise quite a solid release and even more enjoyable than before. Very nice.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Yep. Discovered that last night during a 8 players MP flight with my squad. Kinda ruined the evening since we had to fly the mission twice before figuring out that speedboats were the culprits, after 20 minutes of nerve wrecking very low altitude flight above water. People had to leave since they couldn't afford to fly a third time the mission.

• 2 weeks later...

I see this is still not fixed yet, upgraded a few days ago and re-learning to fly the BS, dragged over my own custom "training" mission which is a heap of stionary and moving targets to rehone my targeting skills, some of which are armed speedboats.. crashed every time at first I thought it was my multi monitor setup being odd, but still crashed when switched back to single monitor.

Will await a fix, hopefully in the near future, kinda lame we cant target surface vessels