Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #21
Xpto

Reputation power: 12
Xpto is just really niceXpto is just really niceXpto is just really niceXpto is just really niceXpto is just really niceXpto is just really niceXpto is just really niceXpto is just really niceXpto is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Isn't this one of the music tracks from EF2000?

http://www.mediahump.com/audio/2522/
It was. But i associate this one, more. Old days.

The cinematic camera of ADF and TAW was a must.

Xpto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #22
RobbySpike

Reputation power: 3
RobbySpike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcalvert View Post
I couldn't believe it! Went to my local dump this weekend to get rid of some garden rubbish and had a look around (as usual). What did I find? The original DOS version of EF2000, still boxed in excellent condition with all the disks and manual's also in excellent condition. It was the first (what I thought) decent flight sim I ever played on my first PC. I even bought the Thrustmaster F16 flight control stick to go with it (now long dead). Does anyone know if I could get this sim to run on win 7?
Damn, back then I got EF2000 at christmas but my rig was too slow, so I eventually forgot about this one I must have the CD version still lying around here somewhere, so I should give it second chance in the DosBox

"It's a good landing, if you can still get the doors open"
RobbySpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
Succellus

Reputation power: 29
Succellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbySpike View Post
Damn, back then I got EF2000 at christmas but my rig was too slow, so I eventually forgot about this one I must have the CD version still lying around here somewhere, so I should give it second chance in the DosBox
If you can hook the controlers to work with it sure.
But remember its old by today standart, but in the 90' it was THE MUST until F4 appeared.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #24
SandMartin

Reputation power: 17
SandMartin is just really niceSandMartin is just really niceSandMartin is just really niceSandMartin is just really niceSandMartin is just really niceSandMartin is just really niceSandMartin is just really niceSandMartin is just really niceSandMartin is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to SandMartin

What EF2000 lastest ?

EF2000 1995

Ef2000 2.0 1996

Super EF2000 1997 -> Its correct ? What version was earlier - EF2000 v2.0 or Super EF2000 ?
AMD FX8350, Asus M5A78LE (AM3+), Crucial 16 GB DDR3 1600, Palit GTX 760 2GB, 32" Sony KLV32NX500, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, CH FighterStick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pedals, Logitech G25, PSP, PS3, PS4 & XBOX 360
SandMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #25
OttoPus

Reputation power: 3
OttoPus will become famous soon enoughOttoPus will become famous soon enoughOttoPus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpto View Post
It was. But i associate this one, more. Old days.

The cinematic camera of ADF and TAW was a must.
It was indeed entertaining.
There were some gaming sessions where I didn't fly at all, and just watched some action via cinematic camera
OttoPus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #26
Home Fries

Reputation power: 5
Home Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMartin View Post
What EF2000 lastest ?

EF2000 1995

Ef2000 2.0 1996

Super EF2000 1997 -> Its correct ? What version was earlier - EF2000 v2.0 or Super EF2000 ?
Super EF2000 was the European release of EF2000 for Windows95

EF2000 2.0 was the US release of EF2000 with the Tactical Pack and Graphics+ expansions (accelerated for 3DFX and Rendition), along with the Windows 95 version.

If you have EF2000 2.0, you have the latest for whichever version you choose.

BTW, People have gotten EF2000 3DFX to work on DosBOX, though you need a special SVN version for it to work. EF2000 doesn't work with a Glide wrapper because the code makes direct calls to the card, as opposed to using the Glide API.

Here are some details that might help.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

Home Fries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #27
Home Fries

Reputation power: 5
Home Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the roughHome Fries is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up EF2000 Reloaded

Fellas,

I know this thread is old, but this information is brand new:

The Air Dominance Project is proud to announce its upcoming release

EF2000 Reloaded

note: this video is best viewed in 1080p

The heart of EF2000 Reloaded is a special version of DOSBox written mikew*, with 3DFX code optimized for EF2000 and a VFX1 emulation routine that allows the use of TrackIR in Enhanced Mode.

For the first time, you can run EF2000 V2.0 for 3DFX/GFX+ in Windows XP or later, with no graphical artifacts or appreciable slowdown. Additionally, the resolution upscaling addresses the image at the 3DFX polygon level, and not at the output level, making for a much better upscaling experience. Mikew's DOSBox for EF2000 is truly the Holy Grail EF2000 fans have been waiting for!

No Air Dominance Project release is complete without a front end, and EF2000 Reloaded is no exception. EF2000 Reloaded includes a front end/launcher to accompany mikew's DOSBox for EF2000. In addition to taking care of the required DOSBox parameters and providing a GUI to customize your DOSBox Conf file, the EF2000 Launcher adds the following features:
  • Supports three separate installs of EF2000 (original DOS, TACTCOM, and GFX+).
  • Integrated multiplayer front end allows hassle free IPX emulation over TCP/IP, with a "phone book" for your friends' IPXNet servers.
  • Option to manage separate single player and multiplayer campaigns for each EF2000 install.
  • Custom Campaign Creator allows custom scenarios based on the scenarios from Strategic Command for EF2000.
  • Basic Campaign Editor allows you to adjust difficulty level, player influence, and player score.
  • Includes Super Revive by Brett Luck for in-depth campaign edits.
Note: EF2000 Reloaded neither includes nor installs EF2000. You are responsible for your own EF2000 procurement and installation. Instructions on installing EF2000 V2 on 64 bit Windows are available.

Check out Combatsim.com for updates.

* DOSBox 0.74 is an open source program written by Peter "Qbix" Veenstra, Harekiet Sjoerd, Tommy "Franskapet" Frossman, and Ulf "Finster" Wohlers. Mikew's 3DFX code was based on kekko's 3dfx Voodoo patch for DOSBox

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

Last edited by Home Fries; 09-03-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Home Fries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #28
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 55
Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228

EF2000 was awesome!!
I still have F22 ADF boxed, man I put some hours into flying that thing
Old 09-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #29
ishtmail

Reputation power: 6
ishtmail is a jewel in the roughishtmail is a jewel in the roughishtmail is a jewel in the roughishtmail is a jewel in the roughishtmail is a jewel in the roughishtmail is a jewel in the roughishtmail is a jewel in the rough

Ah, the nostalgia... Loved flying low over those fjords... I had a pretty nifty setup back then, Thrustmaster F16 FLCS, F16 TQS and CH pedals...

EF2000 and the first Flight Unlimited were my drug back then.

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit
Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display
ishtmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #30
Milli

Reputation power: 8
Milli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really nice

I loved this game. The terrain engine was soooooooo smooth, it was amazing.
I've still got EF2000 somewhere and also Total Air War. Fantastic stuff.
I will take a look at the Air Dominance project. Thanks for sharing this info.

Regards,
Milli
Milli is offline   Reply With Quote