How to stop this CHEAT - HACKED DEDI SERVER

Falcon_S

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

159th server had someone one on today. Spawning anywhere, flying over enemy osa's with no launches, cloaking device and unable to kick him or view him in f2. He gave us a load of Greif in chat saying he was back and his hobby was killing servers and that we are all a load of pussies. Absolutely nothing I could do, everyone left as he was entering the game then instantly spawning over you and killing you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you cant fix it with Gaffa tape, your not using enough.

159th server had someone one on today. Spawning anywhere, flying over enemy osa's with no launches, cloaking device and unable to kick him or view him in f2. He gave us a load of Greif in chat saying he was back and his hobby was killing servers and that we are all a load of pussies. Absolutely nothing I could do, everyone left as he was entering the game then instantly spawning over you and killing you.

DAMN!

I thought this was sorted?

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

was this on a public or private server (password protected)?

sorry if this was asked already.

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Public - we try and avoid passwording our server as far as possible to ensure ease of access. That said, not sure whether a password alone will prevent such attacks.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Public - we try and avoid passwording our server as far as possible to ensure ease of access. That said, not sure whether a password alone will prevent such attacks.

I assume he must be in some way on the server to be able to use chat even if he's hiding his identity. Might have left a trace somewhere.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Of course he did. There's nothing magical about network connections; whatever he did, he's just hiding himself from the FC2 interface, but if you were to look at connections via say, netstat for example, you'd see he's connected.

It just so happens that you might have a hard time figuring out which one of the connections he actually is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

@159th_Viper

im a bit unclear when you said "That said, not sure whether a password alone will prevent such attacks".

does that mean that the password we set may be compromised in some way?

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...does that mean that the password we set may be compromised in some way?

If I understand it correctly, all this dude needs is the IP and port (accessible from the MP interface). A password to the server is irrelevant as he easily gets past that in any event, so the only real way to effectively counteract the hack is to remove the server from the FC2 list and change the port.

So yeah - a password in itself will not help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To bad, to bad :(

What the h* shall we do? I have a new mission ready as well :(

It did that, AFAIK.

Last weeks we tested network hotfix, that eliminates the vulnerability of servers to DoS-attacks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

To bad, to bad :(

What the h* shall we do? I have a new mission ready as well :(

Does not affect Squadron-related flights and activity at all. As before, only in danger if your IP/Port is within the public domain. Most definitely not the state of affairs we want at present - it is however what it is.

A minor blessing seems as if it is a single individual that keeps odd hours - we had high numbers on the 159th a while ago with no problems encountered as earlier. Another blessing is that the hacker is not crashing the SIM as was the case before.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He might not be crashing it, but will cause people to stop flying in there. Did anyone get a screenshot of the chat messages when he said those things? Did it show a name or was it blank? I flew in 4c server a few days ago and it's passworded, any word on whether the hacker went in there and did the same thing?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

It's definately the same thing that's happening, I just looked on the pic on the first post, there is no name it just says su27. This is the case when watch the track file back. There are certain enomolies in the track file that I can't explain.

Really want this guy to fall from something really high.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you cant fix it with Gaffa tape, your not using enough.

It's definately the same thing that's happening, I just looked on the pic on the first post, there is no name it just says su27. This is the case when watch the track file back. There are certain enomolies in the track file that I can't explain.

Make sure the server IC's Scripts/compile.lua and most of the /scripts file as well is good.

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Well, that's just dandy! :(

• Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED