Shadows of Karabakh

... well, I'm cutting her loose. Be kind as I share this in genuine humility.

SKSPLASH.jpg

SHADOWS of KARABAKH

Why are there little towers in many Georgian towns? What is the Georgian connection to the Greeks? Where is the highest community in Europe? Who are Daeli, Medea, Amirani and K'op'ala? Discover the answers to these questions and more when you fly Shadows of Karabakh.

You are part of a 4 ship assignment with CIA tasking during a very tense 7 day operational tasking. Known only as ROSCO (Reactionary Order, Special CIA Operations), your package has been aligned with this section chief for special prosecution of Western interests.

This is a unique story which highlights the sensitive nature of the Georgian political landscape. With diverse mission tasking and operational environments, you and your wingmen will learn about the political and ethnic histories of this theater. Politics, Legend, Sculpture and Art abound.

It is important to note that this is not a campaign of attrition. Priority objectives for mission success are offered in each brief but you can continue to prosecute targets once objectives have been met.

Some flight times are long and some not. I tried to keep the 7 days quite varied in tasking.

This mission set is brought to you by d0o0m as a learning experiment into the mission editor and a self-indulgent nod to my geopolitical/ethnic curiosities... I hope you enjoy the backstory / mission set and that they pique your interest in the history and region this title is set within. Be kind with your criticisms and feel free to edit the series for enhancement. I only ask that you make note of your enhancements in the mission briefings.

All audio by me... :music_whistling: feel free to improve.

NOTE: Due to real life time constraints, this mission set has NOT been fully playtested. Feel free to acknowledge any errors and I will endeavor to repair.

Enjoy!

OUTLAW_d0o0m

The mission collection is 29.5MB rar. Download from HERE:

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/144190/

Edited by dooom
megaupload closed
  • Like 1

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I take it this has 4x A-10C?

Also are there any F10 radio based commands?

At any rate, I'll get the missions uploaded to the 3Sqn server for some playtime.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

yeah its a10C - no f10 commands.... given the history of updates, i elected to keep the triggers relatively simple so they would not break with new patches.

i didn't bother adjusting sizes of the pics as the ME does it for me ... does it greatly impact load times? I'll look at the mp3 - should be an .ogg.

i'll gather feedback here before fixing a bunch of stuff at once and then post a new version.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

The image in the briefing for mission 1 is 3648x2736. The game supports 512x512. Yes it does scale down the image when it views it, it does not scale down the file itself.

here is a 512 x 512 version.

Old file. 3.4 mb. New file 100kb

:D

I look forward to playing the missions.

you could fly it in SP... Be advised some of the flight times can be long so some comfort with rearm refuel over long distances might be warranted. Not sure if a single ship would have the ordinance to meet all tasks though.

The image in the briefing for mission 1 is 3648x2736. The game supports 512x512. Yes it does scale down the image when it views it, it does not scale down the file itself.

here is a 512 x 512 version.

Old file. 3.4 mb. New file 100kb

:D

I look forward to playing the missions.

thanks Grimes... I might just reduce all the pics for v.2... i didn't realize the pic sizes would negatively impact load times .

I should have known but got lazy:music_whistling:

Hmm link is up for me. I'll upload to Dcs user files tomorrow.

Good mission, i like the idea. The voice over and story/scenario was fun to listen too on the flight very well done. The SEAD flights did a horrible job and they got shot down, i recommend a few more SEAD flights. Fog? okay, i can deal with a little fog... I love shooting ILS approaches.... however.... when its well below minimums, requiring a CAT FIVE approach...... its not really fun. Grimes and I did make it down on the ground..... after a go around each.... then him watching me F2 while i landed telling me he can see the runway, so i just held it on ILS, and vice versa. The FOG around the target area was a bit much too..... The FLIR modes on the TGP for some reason, could not cut through it, plus the lack of SEAD coverage made things quite annoying and Chaffs were all used up quickly and Jammer overworked. I think this mission would be one of the better ones, if the fog was toned down a bunch, and the tanker at a higher altitude, and more SEADage. It was quite a rush seeing those rockets let loose! good fun! looking forward to more of your work. I just sat back and smiled while i listened to the voice over on the way there. Immersion! I love it!

Edited by graywo1fg
  • Like 1

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Played the first mission with graywolf tonight. A few additional thoughts...

Briefing: Include a rough flight plan on the map as a point of reference for where we are flying to. Perhaps also unhide friendly units on the map view, or at least friendly flights.

I checked the mission file, perhaps add a lantern pod for the F-16 providing JTAC and make him hold a waypoint short until the SEAD has a chance to do clear out some sams.

Yeah, we need more SEAD in there for the SAMs you've got. It was hella fun and stressful getting shot at by Buk sites, but we kinda felt our AI SEAD let us down a little bit. At the least have a 2nd wave of SEAD come in if the first group gets shot down. Although our SEAD did kill 2 targets, he just flew around full burner for a while, tanked up, and eventually got shot down by a tunguska or the Buk while trying to kill it with mavericks. At least give him a wingman.

Tone down the fog a tad bit. Its great that it is there, but its a little to much.

The coordinates were given in Degrees minutes seconds and not degrees minutes thousandths of minutes, which is what the CDU used. However I kinda liked that aspect of it as I was stuck trying to divide by 60 in my head when I looked out the window and saw a TON of MRLS being launched.

Cool mission, with a little room for improvement. Hope this feedback was helpful.

• Like 1

thanks for the feedback.

the weather parameters in the first mission were written to try to keep the players low as opposed to enabling a highh altitude CBU drop on the sites.

that said, I have noticed FLIR not cutting through fog that well since the new patch too - so dialing this back would be a good idea.

as to the coordinates - i will have to look at this - i have flown Firefly iwth a few others before and we have not had to convert the call outs in any way for the CDU - perhaps my symantics are wrong? I use LL coords in basically all the missions because I could not rely on JTAC patch over patch... so hopefully this is not an ongoing problem?

Thanks for the feedback - I am compiling it all and will update the pack all at once.

Cheers guys - glad you enjoyed the first mission - the other 6 have some interesting things to learn about Georgia - all real facts I discovered in my research.

Just loaded them up for single player missions as you said you could play them as such. What's the trick cause they didn't work for me?

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

alternatively you could open them in the MP client by creating your own passworded server and just flying it by yourself.

And they keep telling me I'm not as stupid as I look. And I just proved it by firing up my own server.

Edited by Shootist

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

they hold for a trigger... if you cross into russian airspace they will launch and patrol for kill.

is the trigger initiated when comms announces we screwed the pooch and that the russians where launching the SU's?

when i viewed them externally, they had taxied to the end of the r/w and stopped on the turn-around and held there.

• Like 1

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that woudl be the correct trigger.... I'll have a look not sure why they would taxi and hold - they never did that before.

Thanks for the feedback.

*edit*

i just checked the trigger and it looks fine... not sure why they would have held short on the runway... the ME is a mysterious beast sometimes.

Let's see if it is reported by others.

Edited by dooom

I've yet to play it, but I did a quick look in the editor and I have two thoughts

1. I thought "take-off from runway" was pretty much disabled for MP, thus the group starts on the ramp.

2. Its a quirk of Beslan airbase and lag or other possibilities caused the 2nd aircraft to not "clear" the runway area preventing the flight lead from being allowed to take off.