MP Campaign: Operation Northern Plunder

Gentlemen,

I present to you Operation Northern Plunder (ONP). ONP will be a 8-10 mission multi-player campaign. I will update this thread once new missions are created, missions will vary from medium to hard difficulty.

Mission One: Codename: Blackjack 51

Mission Two: Beslan or Bust

Mission Three: Nalchik Valley Run

Mission Four: TBD

Mission Five: TBD

Mission Six: TBD

Mission Seven: TBD

Mission Eight: TBD

-------------------------------------------

front-view-a10-thunderbolt-ii%20fix.png

Blackjack 51 Movie (watch in fullscreen for best quality)

Mission Two Preview Video:

Mission Three Preview Video:

Below is the history behind the campaign (pdf attachment as well). I hope you all enjoy.

TOP SECRET

(S) OPERATION NORTHERN PLUNDER

History:

(U) Military forces in the Russian (south border) and Georgian (north border) region are on high alert. Talks have broken down regarding land owner rights, and rights to natural resources along the coastline and mountain passes dividing the two countries. Billions of dollars worth of natural gas, coal, and oil resources are at stake. With the collapse of the European economy in April 2012 many countries in the region are seeking self-preservation and sustainment. Russia is claiming rights to natural gas reserves south of the Sochi-Alder Air Base coastline, and coal reserves along the mountain borderline of Georgia. Small skirmishes have occurred around the long border areas over the last 6 months resulting in the death of over 100 people on both sides, mostly civilian casualties. Russia has stated they will retake lands which were a part of their homeland before the break-up up the Soviet Union. Georgia has asked NATO and the United Nations (UN) to help secure their border, and protect their sovereignty from what they perceive as an imminent attack from Russia. NATO forces spearheaded by the United States are stationed throughout Georgia, and are prepared for a major offensive/defensive campaign. Russia has dramatically increased their Air Defense Missile Network, and border defenses in anticipation for a major battle. The United States has dedicated the 3rd Infantry Division, 23rd Artillery Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, 160th SOAR Regiment, 51st Fighter Wing, Special Forces assets, and other units to the region to assist in on-going military operations.

(FOUO) On 21 Nov 2012, a Russian artillery strike and aerial bombing attack near the border region between Sochi-Alder Airbase (Russian) and the town of Gantiada (Georgia) Air Base resulted in the deaths of 19 American, 6 Belgium, 3 Italian, and 14 Georgian military members, and 23 civilians. The attack was deemed a hostile overt military action sanctioned by the Russian government and condemned by NATO and the United States officials.

(FOUO) On 23 Nov 2012, an emergency session was held by the UN regarding the attack, and a 6-2 vote (Russia and China abstained) was unanimous in condemning Russia of the attack, calling it an “overt, unprovoked hostile military attack” and “unacceptable provocation by a government.” Economic sanctions and a possible UN peace keeping force are options for the escalating situation being considered by the UN.

(S) On 25 Nov 2012, The President of the United States, Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Congress held a classified closed-door session to determine the United States response to the Russian attack near Gantiada. The decision was made to attack enemy critical infrastructure, military headquarters, military assets, and gain key terrain to the North of the Georgian border. The United States requests NATO support in the effort, and is given limited logistic and reconnaissance support for the effort. The Georgian government commits full military and logistical support to the United States. The Operation is code named: Northern Plunder (Codename: PLUNDER was used during World War II when Army Group elements assaulted across the Rhine north of the Ruhr). United States leadership is fully aware this could be the beginning of a large and lengthy war.

Mission One (Blackjack 51 Brief/Tasking):

Current Situation:

1930 hours (local)

26 Nov 2012

(S) Executive Order 20122601 Signed. Full initiation of Operation Northern Plunder is authorized.

(TS) Mission One: Codename: Blackjack 51

(TS) Objective:

· (TS) Neutralize strategic assets within Russian territory with air, sea, and ground assets.

o (TS) 652nd Fighter Wing will provide long-range bomber assets targeting HQ assets and communication networks in the region.

o (TS) Multiple Infantry and armor elements will be used to neutralize enemy targets and secure key terrain.

o (TS) 73rd Airlift Wing will supply FOB’s and acquired air fields as they become secure.

o (TS) 492 Fight Squadron will provide CAP in the AOR.

o (TS) 51st Fight Wing will provide CAS and Precision Strike capability.

o (TS) 160th SOAR will provide CAS, Transport, and Reconnaissance.

o (TS) 72nd Fight Wing will provide Reconnaissance.

o (TS) Special Forces assets are awaiting “GO” orders behind enemy lines to eliminate strategic assets and key infrastructure; to include disrupting the Russian Air Defense Network.

o (TS) Tomahawk missile strikes will be available from the Carl Vincent Carrier Group off the west coast near Sochi-Alder.

o (TS) Cyber-warfare units will attempt to overload enemy IT assets and communications during combat operations.

TOP SECRET

-----------------------------------------------

51st FW Tasking:

Hawg Flight (CAS) (8-ship)

Depart from: Tbilisi-Lochini (TWR: 138.00 VHF AM)

Primary Task:

Destroy enemy Command and Control units at WP1 (as indicated on flight plan). DO NOT PASS WP1 until instructed. Heavy SAM presence in the area near WP1. Keep max ceiling at 10K nearing WP1, recommend flights do not get within 2NM of WP1 until area is secure. SF Ground forces (Romeo-72) will infiltrate enemy SAM sites (COBRA-1 and COBRA-2) once command and control assets are destroyed.

Secondary Task:

Destroy enemy ground units occupying and surrounding Beslan Air Base (indicated as WP2-Beslan). SEAD Support will become available for Beslan (via F10 options)

Ground and air support forces will move into AO once enemy is eliminated. Once in allied control, airfield can be used as rearm/refuel point.

Beslan Tower Freq: 141.00 VHF AM

Additional Task(s):

As directed by Command Staff

Threats: SA-10, SA-11, Manpad, AAA, and vehicle mounted small arms fire.

----------------------------------------

Pig Flight (CAS) (8-ship)

Depart from: Tbilisi-Lochini (TWR: 138.00 VHF AM)

Primary Task:

Destroy enemy Command and Control units at WP1 (as indicated on flight plan). DO NOT PASS WP1 until instructed. Heavy SAM presence in the area near WP1. Keep max ceiling at 10K nearing WP1, recommend flights do not get within 2NM of WP1 until area is secure. SF Ground forces (Romeo-72) will infiltrate enemy SAM sites (COBRA-1 and COBRA-2) once command and control assets are destroyed.

Secondary Task:

Destroy enemy ground units occupying and surrounding Beslan Air Base (indicated as WP2-Beslan). SEAD Support will become available for Beslan (via F10 options)

Ground and air support forces will move into AO once enemy is eliminated. Once in allied control, airfield can be used as rearm/refuel point.

Beslan Tower Freq: 141.00 VHF AM

Additional Task(s):

As directed by Command Staff

Threats: SA-10, SA-11, Manpad, AAA, and vehicle mounted small arms fire.

-----------------------------------------

Other Friendly Assets:

Various Ground forces in the region.

CVN-70 Carl Vinson (Carrier), CG-60 Normandy, FFG-7CL Oliver Hazard Perry (Destroyer)

Providing support in the AOR.

E-3A (Callsign Overlord 1-1)

Freq: 135.00 VHF AM

Providing Aerial Picture for AOR

KC-135 (Callsign Texaco 1-1) (airborne after WP1 neutralized)

Freq: 150.00 VHF AM

TACAN: 10X TCR

Good luck men!

blackjack_mission.jpg

UPDATE:

(S) Coalition Forces have seized Sochi-Alder and Beslan Airbase within Russian Territory. Beslan Airbase has been fortified and Forward Deployed ground forces are staging in this area for future missions.

(TS) Intel reports indicate a counter-attack by Russian forces at anytime. Enemy forces have been seen massing to the North and West of Beslan. All forces are on alert in the area.

Mission Two: Beslan or Bust

0545 hours (local)

1 Dec 2012

(Tasking attached as .pdf file, too many characters for this post)

beslan%20or%20bust.jpg?psid=1

Mission Three: Nalchik Valley Run

0600 hours (local)

14 Dec 2012

(Tasking attached as .pdf file, too many characters for this post)

Nalchik.jpg

Special thanks to Cobrabase (Command One Actual voice)!

OPF History.pdf

ONP_Mission_One_Blackjack51_dedserver.miz

ONP_Mission_Two_Beslan_or_Bust.miz

Mission Two - Beslan or Bust Tasking.pdf

Mission Three - Nalchik Valley Run Tasking.pdf

ONP_Mission_Three_Nalchick_Valley_Run.miz

Edited by Ranger79

Played it through but we come to a standstill at waypoint 1.

I drop 4 CBUs and my wingman does as well, destroy everything at wpt1, but the mission just hangs there. We dont get any progression. Unless we are doing something wrong...

Did you destroy the two SK-11 vehicles and Dog ear radar at WP1? This will trigger the next WP. Changed nothing from when we played Saturday.

Ralfi,

Just watched Redfish in his server playing, the WP worked, the vehicles may have masked behind a bunker or something. Give it another try and let me know the results.

Ralfi,

Just watched Redfish in his server playing, the WP worked, the vehicles may have masked behind a bunker or something. Give it another try and let me know the results.

Ranger - After I crashed out of Redfish's server when you were there, I found another one running the mission from the beginning. I had no problem killing the SKP-11s and DE to trigger the spec ops teams. However, since I was not the host, I was unable to call in the WP2 SEAD flight (the F10 menu was empty). Unless you have some pressing reason not to, I would suggest automatically triggering them once the COBRA SAMs are dead. This would allow the mission to progress on servers being passively hosted.

Fun mission so far though. I noticed (expanding on your suggestions) that you can follow the road/valley that shows up on the TAD map to the SW of WP1 for a good firing approach.

Ranger - After I crashed out of Redfish's server when you were there, I found another one running the mission from the beginning. I had no problem killing the SKP-11s and DE to trigger the spec ops teams. However, since I was not the host, I was unable to call in the WP2 SEAD flight (the F10 menu was empty). Unless you have some pressing reason not to, I would suggest automatically triggering them once the COBRA SAMs are dead. This would allow the mission to progress on servers being passively hosted.

Fun mission so far though. I noticed (expanding on your suggestions) that you can follow the road/valley that shows up on the TAD map to the SW of WP1 for a good firing approach.

Thanks for the inputs magnum, you are right, I have another version for servers passively hosted.

Keep the comments coming.

For the love of god, stop using command one actual as a callsign.

If he is supposed to be the commanding officer of a tactical maneuver unit it should be a simple random word followed by 6. You don't use "actual" on coms unless your taking over from your RTO or something.

Edited by tyrspawn

For the love of god, stop using command one actual as a callsign.

If he is supposed to be the commanding officer of a tactical maneuver unit it should be a simple random word followed by 6. You don't use "actual" on coms unless your taking over from your RTO or something.

If you dont like, dont play it....its not changing so get over it.

Edited by Ranger79

Great mission!!! Nice job with the dedicated server version, I was at a loss till I read that!

Thanks again!

Thanks Doublejj0305, Mission Two will be tested tonight and released tomorrow. My wife even helped with one of the transmissions (ex-Security Forces as well).