Steam Sale! DCS: A-10C for $20 till Nov 28th

kylania

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. The steam key will work for the download from ED.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thx for the heads up!

Can you buy on steam but download/install/patch from ED?

" Yes you can ! " ( taking the voice of Obama )

The steam activation code work too on the DCS site and can be used for activate the game then, you can then do a full install downloaded from DCS, patch it directly.

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

Man, thank you for your $40.

:lol:

Well if we was waiting all time for the price go down, we will surely never purchase anything.

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

:lol:

Word! :D

Well if we was waiting all time for the price go down, we will surely never purchase anything.

Yeah, and besides - as long as you didn't have to leave it sitting for that week, you don't have to play for very many hours to actually get entertainment for those extra 20 dollars. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Sorry for being slow here guys, but are you saying I can purchase the game at Steam, but not download it there. But come back to this site and download the game here and when asked to input serial number, I just use the steam number? Does the install files from this site also place the game in the steamapps or just normal directory?

For $20, this might be the thing to finally let me jump in:)

Thanks!

Sorry for being slow here guys, but are you saying I can purchase the game at Steam, but not download it there. But come back to this site and download the game here and when asked to input serial number, I just use the steam number? Does the install files from this site also place the game in the steamapps or just normal directory?

For $20, this might be the thing to finally let me jump in:)

Thanks!

EDIT: That is right. Buy from Steam but do not install. Then dl from here and install.

Yes, you can use your steam key with the download from here. The files will install wherever you tell them. If you plan to mod it then don't take the default.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

EDIT: That is right. Buy from Steam but do not install. Then dl from here and install.

Yes, you can use your steam key with the download from here. The files will install wherever you tell them. If you plan to mod it then don't take the default.

Thank you so much...one last question. If you buy from Steam, does it use the same activation/deactivation system as the downloads from this site, or just uses the normal Steam stuff? Thanks!

Same system as from digitalcombatsimulator.com.

This is due to the fact that the Steam DRM system does not support 64-bit applications.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Also Direct2Drive has a Black Friday deal of 20$ off an entire purchase. It makes BS2 a tad cheaper.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Most likely. But when you buy something off of D2D, its like buying the disk the game comes on. So I would dare say that D2D is identical to whats on the ED site. Compared to steam, d2d has no extra application that needs to run to access the game or file structure in which it installs it.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Hello guys first post.

I'm already stuck! I bought A10 from steam and have downloaded it via a torrent but I can't find the key for it. All I have from steam is a confirmation number.

Where do I find the key?

Many thanks

nevermind I found it. oooh this going to be fun.. I can see myself stuck on the runway for awhile :)

Edited by hopeless

Hello guys first post.

I'm already stuck! I bought A10 from steam and have downloaded it via a torrent but I can't find the key for it. All I have from steam is a confirmation number.

Where do I find the key?

Many thanks

nevermind I found it. oooh this going to be fun.. I can see myself stuck on the runway for awhile :)

Hehe, is this your first sim?

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

Hello mate, not it isn't. But it might as well be. I used to love IL2 I was rubbish at it though.

Just had a peak at the tutorial. Whoosh, no idea what he said. Random button bashing.

Completely ignored what the guy said on the next tutorial: "Now we're going to see what XYZ button does" No we're not, we're going for a loop de loop and fly dangerously close to the ground!

Must have pressed the wrong button because I lost power and was wondering which one was the 'on' switch

Beautiful game but I was playing with a 360 controller. Have a busted sidewinder forcefeedback 2 in cupboard.

Do I get the HOTAS Warthog now...hmm

Hello mate, not it isn't. But it might as well be. I used to love IL2 I was rubbish at it though.

Just had a peak at the tutorial. Whoosh, no idea what he said. Random button bashing.

Completely ignored what the guy said on the next tutorial: "Now we're going to see what XYZ button does" No we're not, we're going for a loop de loop and fly dangerously close to the ground!

Must have pressed the wrong button because I lost power and was wondering which one was the 'on' switch

Beautiful game but I was playing with a 360 controller. Have a busted sidewinder forcefeedback 2 in cupboard.

Do I get the HOTAS Warthog now...hmm

Hi mate,

Well it's a good deal more complex than IL2 as you have no doubt realised! The reason you lost power was most likely due to being inverted too long -the A10 doesn't like to be upside down for more than 10 seconds :)

Regarding the HOTAS Warthog, unless you've got plenty of money then I would suggest going for an X52 Pro and TrackIR instead. I don't think there is anybody on the forum that would argue that X52 + TIR5 is a better way to play the game! Though the Warthog is much better than the X52, having TrackIR adds a completely different level of immersion.

I'd advise playing the tutorials a few times and then mastering different areas - such as navigation first. This sim has so much depth that the content you'll find in the CDU alone puts games like Skyrim to shame!

Hope you enjoy it though :)

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.