Collective question

UUMickey

Hi, folks.

Reinstalled BS after quite some time (got excited by BS2). As I was reconfiguring my controls I seem to be having a problem with the collective.

In the Options screen, under Axis Tune, everything seems fine. The graph matches the motion of the slider/throttle on the joystick (Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold). Looks good.

In the cockpit, however, the response is completely different. I can move the throttle/collective halfway up before the on-screen collective begins moving. If I max the collective all the way up (engines off, of course) and then lower it, the lowering on-screen collective matches the position of the throttle/collective on the joystick.

Just the upwards motion of the collective is out of sync. Even if I lower it half way and then try to raise it again, the on-screen doesn't move.

Again, the graph under Axis Tune is fine, all motion matches.

I don't seem to be having a problem in TKOH so I am pretty sure the joystick is okay.

Thoughts?

Mick

• Like 1

UUMickey,

When in the Axis tune window check to see if the axis you are using is set as a "Slider" (tick box ticked). If not, try setting it that way and test it out.

Also try checking in the software that comes with the Saitek stick ... see how it is treating the axis ... typically the collective uses the "Z" axis.

Just a couple of suggestions ... good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1

SleepyCanuck :sleep:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a collective issue as well, but I get no movement in the collective at all. The sliders move as expected in Axis tune, but in game, no joy. I have tried assigning the slider tick box with no results.

Joystick is X52Pro, all inputs ingame config, except TIR re-centre.

Rectum non bustus

Not wanting to insult your intelligence, but you are assigning the Collective aren't you? Not the Throttle? It was a mistake I made when I very first installed BS1, and I know other people made the same mistake who were new to BS.

Also, just read in another thread that people are finding they have to move the relevant axis in both directions to be fully recognised and accepted in BS2. Try deleting the assignment, then re-assign and move the axis in both directions the full range several times.

Edited by andyfoot
  • Like 2

I am not new to the Ka-50.

I understand where you are coming from, but I am totally aware of the difference between the 2 functions.

I will try your suggestion of full deflection in both directions.

Cheers.

EDIT: NFG on the Full deflection method of assigning collective axis.

New installer updated on the download site - will try new install to see if that will fix this problem for me.

Edited by astrospud

Rectum non bustus