Op Lagavulin

Druid_

OPERATION LAGAVULIN

=================

This is a fairly long mission comprised of many short CAS type tasks. You will be mainly tasked with supporting special forces recce & strike units operating in the amber zone.

It was designed as a 2-4 multiplayer mission and the tasks incorporate the kind of things that you would expect an A10 to be called upon to do. The tasks are varied and vary in difficulty. It also relies fairly heavily on FACs & AFACs but good Mark1 eyeballing is essential also. Also your choice of loadout may be a factor occasionally. You won't be idle for long, your reaction and skill will have a direct influence on the ground. In MP teamwork and communication is essential.

I have uploaded 3 versions, the slmod version uses the chat window for comms whereas the other 2 versions rely heavily on the Radio F10 menu, and in these 2 versions the Host must also play the lead aircraft. I would suggest that you utilise the most powerful pc to play host as there are around 400 units and 200 triggers in total. This mission has been tested fully & runs fine on my pc.

Also included is a single player version (sp) but be aware that this mission was originally designed for mp and as such it will be difficult to achieve all of the tasks especially as wingmen can't re-arm. The task randomisation should help though each time you run it.

picture.php?albumid=475&pictureid=3922

OP LAGAVULIN (CAS)

==============

After our recent advances South East from SOCHI, US Forces are assembling for the next offensive from Sukhumi. Units of the 761st Tank Battalion are established at the current front line 16k to the East of Sukhumi extending Northwards. Further re-inforcements will arrive from the West within 48 hrs.

We have a small roadblock on the west side of the river (TADS WP1) indicating our most easterly forces. We have also established 2 FOBs, Biscuit & Cracker, to the North East of Sukhumi, both of which have come under scrutiny by enemy forces recently.

The main bulk of the enemies forces have retreated to within the area in RED shown on area map.The city of Zugdidi appears to have become a focal point of their defense. Many enemy units are still active within the area marked amber but we are slowly neutralising these positions mainly with the help of special forces recce teams and airborne assets.

Currently we have CAP flights operating to the West of ZUGDIDI to intercept any enemy fighters launching from Senaki and other airfields in the interior.

We are in a recon & interdiction phase preparing intel & softening the enemy prior to our next push East. A10s involvement with Special Forces Recon teams and AFACS will be fundamental to our success.

Payload: A/R

Launch from Sukhumi and HOLD in the area North & West of Dzhvari as denoted by the area marked CAS HOLD on map & by the waypoints shown on your TAD (WPs 2-5). Await instructions from AWACS, BlackOps (Special Forces Operations) or other AFACS operating in the area.

Host (Tusk11 lead) is able to relocate the tanker to any of the indicated areas A,B,C & D using radio F10 Menu.

--------------- Mission Tasking ---------------

HOST - Many options are available in your Tx F10 Menu (press any Radio transmit button & select option F10) such as texaco reposition, comms with Blackops etc. Utilise it effectively to complete each Task.

Menu F10 options include

1. Task Complete

2. Off task & RTB

3. Ready to Copy, Go Ahead

4. On Task & CAS ready

5. Say Again (i.e. repeat last task message)

6. Tanker relocate menu items x4

To get a new task you must either select option 1. or 4. These options will only become available once your previous task was completed satisfactorily or higher priority tasking becomes available. If in doubt select option 5 to check current Task details [slmod version instructions differ, please read brief].

Op_Lagavulin_MP4_v2.6slmod.miz

Edited by Druid_
Updated MP versions to DCSW1.2.2
  • Like 1

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Really nice thanks ... i will test it when i can ( SP, i have not enoug time yet for mp )..

Look extremely complete . look like you have make a lot of work on it.

Edited by Lane

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

Really nice thanks ... i will test it when i can ( SP, i have not enoug time yet for mp )...

Shame as mp is much better, even if you can just find 1 other person to run it with.

Look extremely complete . look like you have make a lot of work on it.

lol. I started this mission in May. Its something I've worked with on & off though tbh. Incorporated a lot of the updates to the ME and things I've worked out & developed over the last 5 months. Hope you enjoy it.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

thanks

Exactly the same as lane,I will first play in sp as I have not flown for a few weeks until the other day,I was all over the place and have forgot a few things, :doh: , but congrats on what looks like a very well put together affair that has had a lot of thought and time spent on it,cheers Druid. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Good mission

Hey Druid - Rep inbound +1

This mission is really good and a few of us flew the MP version this Friday evening (aus time) and guy were impressed. Enjoyed the general hunt in the mountains at 20,000 ft. Only to find out it’s not high enough.............. Damn SA-8’s, damn manpads, damn su-25’s, damn, damn, damn.

I just need to be a little more patient and plan my attack better before commiting and making bad choices. You mission is good.

Red

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

Thanks for the comments, glad your enjoying it. Hopefully there is enough variety in the tasks to keep everyone interested and challenged.

That particular task is an interesting one and yeh, it does require a little thought and planning beforehand. In that task there are a number of ways of achieving success including operating at, below or above 20k. Shalln't say anymore as it will spoil it for everyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

Most tasks Tested in 1.1.1.0 Good Hunting

Edited by Druid_

• 3 weeks later...

One of the nicest mission starts Druid, really enjoyed it... too bad for the F10 comms, I had to be on remote with the server so I could give my flight additional taskings... Is there any way of fixing that?

Really great, dynamic tasks... :thumbup:

THX!!! :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Thanks for the comments. Did you manage to finish it? (Originally I had the facility to SAVE and LOAD the mission, which is why its quite a long miz)

Speed was going to modify it to use Slmod. That should make MP a lot easier for those using remote servers. I know he's busy with something else at the mo so don't know when he will finish it.

Now that Lua is working again I want to add some Tasking Randomisation to the mission and possibly add an 8 player version with 2 groups able to complete different tasks at the same time.

This is a really nice mission! We really enjoyed it. I liked the beginning. :D

• i5-3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX660Ti, SSD, Win7 64Bit
  • Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

• 3 weeks later...
This is a really nice mission! We really enjoyed it. I liked the beginning. :D

Thanks. During the gulf war the Iraqi's used taxiways as runways so thought I'd add that challenge and fexibility to the mission.

Can't help wondering if anyone has managed to finish this mission or whether or not it would benefit being split up? Either way I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by Druid_
sp

Either way I'm open to suggestions.

Is it right, that all tasks always are given to you in the same order? Played it two times, and it was like this.

Is it possible to have a random order?

• Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

Is it right, that all tasks always are given to you in the same order? Played it two times, and it was like this.

Is it possible to have a random order?

Initially the idea was a day in the life of a CAS A10c pilot but I can appreciate that not everyone has a half day to devote to DCS A10 so yeh I think randomisation is a good idea.

Especially now that lua is working again I shall modify it to add random tasks. MP would certainly benefit from this. I doubt any Single Players have reached the end of this mission (it was designed as MP) so I will either modify SP version into a short campaign or add task randomisation.

i would prefer the randomization solution. it would be perfect for multiplayer. :thumbup:

I'd love to host this mission on 3Sqn Dedicated, however slmod would be needed as its a remote box.

In terms of converting for slmod, are you talking just implementing text messages to replace F10, or the whole package of using it as much as possible?

Because if its just messages... or at first just messages, then it would be a pretty straight forward implementation.

Add a bunch of these to a unit that wont die under a single triggered action:

slmod.chat_cmd('command', flag number, -1, 'all')

If a command was given when it shouldn't, simply create triggers that turn it back off.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I want to keep the interaction currently present in the F10 menu. I hate it when your given a task and haven't the option of simply saying 'say again'. Also when you need to refuel/re-arm I don't want tasks starting until you are ready and back on-task. Hence the other F10 options.

The problem is how to implement this mission on a public vs dedicated sqn server. On a public server you don't want any one player putting everything on hold whilst the others are ready to go. A Sqn server would hopefully have everyone on TS and agree on task readiness. What to do?

Also this is meant for 4 ship max. I could change it to an 8 ship with 2 seperate flights and use the 'new message to group' action (haven't tried it yet, I take it works?), so that 2 seperate task are running concurrently. Means a lot of changes though and possible improvements to my message deconfliction implementation.

I haven't used slmod yet so will take a look at it but first I shall implement some task randomisation and go from there. For the server crowd let me know what you'd prefer and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Druid_

• 4 weeks later...

Updated Multiplayer F10 Host version

* Added Random Task generator (tasks are no longer played in same order at each mission start).

* Fixed artillery, MRLS & Mortar due to AI behavioural changes in later patches

* Tweaked several tasks to improve timing/flow & realism

* Updated messaging and added a few voice files where needed

* Improved task 9, Arty hunt.

* Fixed an error in F10 messaging when host dies and respawns.

Will update Single Player version this week and will then add a server Slmod version.

Single player mission redone.

* Changes are as above post but the main one being the addition of random tasking.

Druid,

You have done an excellent job. Thank you, indeed. We really enjoy this mission.

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

We tried this online yesterday with 4 pilots but could not get task at CAS HOLD area. On F10 menu I got 4 tanker relocation selections and "5. On Task & CAS ready". After selecting 5. there was voice comms saying "standby for task" or something but we never got one. Tried selecting 5 again but all I got was silence. We also did not get cargo plane emergency landing at all.

Also tried single player version and two A10s taxi to alternate before the fire trucks and trucks then clipped the wing off for the 1st A10 and it was stuck there...

Edited by Kaitsu