Black shark 2 on steam.

Mohamengina

I'll second this. I'm thrilled to be able to fly both Ka-50 and A-10 together, and I find value in the convenience of having my DCS collection on Steam. It has helped sell a couple extra copies of A-10 merely by friends seeing me playing it and inquiring!

As was said elsewhere: if would be nice if Wags or some other representative from ED can confirm or deny if BS2 will ever be finding its way into the Steam system. If it will, I'd much prefer to pick it up there. Failing that I hope we Steam customers will still be able to use the cheaper upgrade option, rather than having to buy the full BS2 standalone.

I don't mean to say I expect it any time soon - A-10 has plenty to keep me busy with for the time being. I am perfectly willing to wait as long as necessary. But it would be nice to know if I could eventually expect BS2 on Steam so I can get it there when it does arrive rather than buy the standalone now and then have my game collection fragmented should a BS2 on Steam show up later.

First world problems, eh? Complaining about where my game collection is located? Doesn't hurt to ask anyway. :)

No, BS2 will not be sold via Steam.

Well that really bites.. not much of a fan base to begin with.. droping those that came to this game thru steam seems like a slap in the face..

Will my Steam purchase go towards the upgrade (19.99) or do I have to buy the full version now?

I purchased both, A10c and Blackshark at steam.. how does this effect me?

Also, STEAM version has no CD Key available to view as it does for A10c..

so how do I know what key will be used for the update if compatable with STEAM version?

Edited by Fuby

No, BS2 will not be sold via Steam.

That's really disappointing. The whole reason me and my friends got BS on steam was so we could play it alongside a10c once It became compatible.

How are we supposed to make it work with our steam versions?

Sounds like you guys are shooting yourself in the foot with this one.

Yeah really ticked off about that too. Got into it because of steam. Definitely holding off buying any other products (was eyeing off A-10c too dammit) if we are just going to be left swinging.

Reconsider ED. That is all.

• Like 1

Yeah really ticked off about that too. Got into it because of steam. Definitely holding off buying any other products (was eyeing off A-10c too dammit) if we are just going to be left swinging.

Reconsider ED. That is all.

To be honest..I own flaming cliffs 2 also..along with a10c.. nothing that great in A10c that would make me purchase it again over flaming cliffs 2.. do yourself a favor.. get lockon platinum which has lockon and flamingcliffs 2 combined.. and run it with your black shark 1.. there are mods out for both.. and platinum can be had as cheaply as this upgrade that is not for steam users anyways.. or just wait on Microsoft Flight coming 2012..

obviously..all my own opinion.. others may vary..

I can't keep supporting a company that does not support my purchases..

To be honest..I own flaming cliffs 2 also..along with a10c.. nothing that great in A10c that would make me purchase it again over flaming cliffs 2.. do yourself a favor.. get lockon platinum which has lockon and flamingcliffs 2 combined.. and run it with your black shark 1.. there are mods out for both.. and platinum can be had as cheaply as this upgrade that is not for steam users anyways.. or just wait on Microsoft Flight coming 2012..

obviously..all my own opinion.. others may vary..

I can't keep supporting a company that does not support my purchases..

Yeah I bought LOMAC back in the day after playing Flanker 2.0/2.5 which was tone of fun, waited for the FC1.1/1.2/2.0 to pass by and instead got BS being on steam.

I like supporting the devs (ED do good sims after all) just getting a bit miffed over the years by the nickel & dime updatepatches thing every time. That's ok I just pick what I want after the dust settles - not usually an early adopter anyhow. I will and have had no problems paying for good releases - not sure if they have thought the DCS release all the way through

I don't understand the steam release then shank us for it later. I'm sure they'll figure something out.....

Edited by Rooks

I also would like to second the motion to bring Black Shark 2 to Steam. Currently I own Black Shark and AC-10C Warthog (both Steam versions) and would welcome the addition of Black Shark 2 to that distribution platform.

LOMAC would be a welcome addition to the Steam offering as well btw :smilewink:

There are a lot of things that valve requires developers to meet so it may not be in ED's hands completely. I love ED and I love Valve. So who knows what is the situation behind closed doors on the business end. As someone who has BS from steam, it would be nice but not a deal killer for me personally.

LOMAC would be a welcome addition to the Steam offering as well btw :smilewink:

Not up to ED. UbiSoft owns the rights to LOMAC, unfortunately.

I think they had it up for a while on their own service, but that may have been limited to a specific territory. I couldn't get it where I am, at least.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team

How can you offer an upgrade that is not available to a certain group that purchased through steam.... wow... I love DCS, but really am surprised you would release something like this without a plan in place... very disappointing...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

How can you offer an upgrade that is not available to a certain group that purchased through steam.... wow... I love DCS, but really am surprised you would release something like this without a plan in place... very disappointing...

I'm assuming you missed post #18?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Sorry if someone answered this, I read all three pages. I bought black shark 1 via steam. Can I just download the update via dcs website, and it be compatible with the original steam version? Thanks, Scott

At present there is an Install Gremlin that is preventing STEAM users from updating to BS2. The issue is being attended to with some urgency - In the interim all we can do is apologise for the inconvenience and request that you remain patient a wee while longer whilst the fix is finalized.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Wags:

Ok, but from the perspective of your loyal customers who want to support you, the words

"No, BS2 will not be sold via Steam."

do not give us any extra information. Even your followup now,

To make the assumption that it was our choice not to release BS2 (a niche flight sim game) on Steam would be a false one.
is fantastically cleverly worded to paint us loyal customers as the badguys for making the most logical assumption based on the extremely limited data we were given.

If it will never be on Steam, well, that sucks for us. Perhaps you could have clarified that from the beginning, or could take this opportunity to explain why it won't be on Steam? I expect you'll get sales from most/all of us eventually once we know we can use BS2 in some manner, but with all due respect, this announcement was uncharacteristically dickish and vague compared to ED's normally very honest and open style. You shouldn't be surprised that customers were upset.

Edited: Good to hear that we'll be able to use the BS2 paypatch with our Steam installs sooner rather than later. Thanks for the update Viper. I'm still curious about a reason for the non-appearance on Steam, but its nice to know I won't be shafted for $40 despite being an ED supporter.

Edited by ironstrike
Viper mentioned the install Gremlin is already being worked on.
  • Like 1

• ED Team

I did, but I didnt see a good solid plan for steam users as other have BS2 already, I just hold DCS to a higher level is all... Complaining to steam probably want get me anywhere unless you can give me the email of the person responsible, or the actual reason why steam is no longer supported.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Wags:

Ok, but from the perspective of your loyal customers who want to support you, the words

do not give us any extra information. Even your followup now, is fantastically cleverly worded to paint us loyal customers as the badguys for making the most logical assumption based on the extremely limited data we were given.

If it will never be on Steam, well, that sucks for us. Perhaps you could have clarified that from the beginning, or could take this opportunity to explain why it won't be on Steam? I expect you'll get sales from most/all of us eventually once we know we can use BS2 in some manner, but with all due respect, this announcement was uncharacteristically dickish and vague compared to ED's normally very honest and open style. You shouldn't be surprised that customers were upset.

How on earth did you read that from his statement!!??

Basically he's saying Steam won't sell BS2 in their store, ED have no choice in the matter, at this point in time..

Nate