ground stabilize the maverick

tyrspawn

Nothing at all, that is how mavs work. Ground stabilisation is only used as part of the targeting process when using force correlate mode.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

So I tried to slave all sensors to the SPI, to do so I did TMS up long while targeting something with the TGP

Is that what you are supposed to do?

How do you stop the steerpoint from being automatically changed? I think thats messing it up. I used to know this, its something on the keypad. Also is there anyway to set it so it always doesn't do that whenever i start the game?

To make a mark point is tms right short apparently. But there is no HUD symbology/indication that it has happened. Which steerpoint do the mark points start on?

So I tried to slave all sensors to the SPI, to do so I did TMS up long while targeting something with the TGP

Is that what you are supposed to do?

Uhm, no.

TMS up long = make SPI

Chinahat forward long = slave all sensors to SPI

How do you stop the steerpoint from being automatically changed? I think thats messing it up. I used to know this, its something on the keypad. Also is there anyway to set it so it always doesn't do that whenever i start the game?

CDU - FPM - L3 = change from "Auto" to "Man"

To make a mark point is tms right short apparently. But there is no HUD symbology/indication that it has happened. Which steerpoint do the mark points start on?

Creation of a markpoint is indicated by "MARK" on line 2 of the CDU. Markpoints are either overhead or offset, overhead = current aircraft position (MK button on UFC/CDU), offset = current position of your SOI (TMS right short). Markpoints are lettered from A-Y, Z being a special case (weapons release).

I have following problem/question.

When I slave my maverick to my TGP SPI it is going to track the TGP. Let's say I am tracking a stationary tank. I need to press TMS up short to try to lock on, is that correct?

Right now when I engage distant targets and the MAV is already in range but does not get a lock I just keep pressing TMS up short until it gets a lock. Is this the proper way to do it? Is there any kind of automatization?

When I ground-stabilize my maverick, is it supposed to automatically detect a target? Or do I need to press TMS up short here too to try a lock? Again here: is there a way to make the missile get a lock automatically? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks a lot in advance!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

My video answers all your questions. I suggest you re-watch it.

When you slave your maverick to LOOK at exactly what the TGP is LOOKING at, it only LOOKS at it.

So if you have your TGP locked on to a moving target, the maverick (if you slaved the maverick to the TGP) will also be looking right at the target and move with it. At one point in the video I have the maverick slaved to the TGP, and i have the TGP as SOI, and I move the TGP around and you see on the right, that the maverick is also moving, following the TGP around like an obedient dog.

Its like, Im in a crowd with you, im pointing my finger and telling you to watch that girl in the red shirt, shes got a nice ass. And you go, oh hey, which one, that one? And your eyes follow my finger at exactly the girl Im pointing at.

Thats whats going on.

So yes, the maverick will look and track the exact location that the TGP is locked on to.

The bad news:

It will NOT AUTOLOCK the target.

Like I said, you are only telling the maverick to basically follow the finger. You are NOT telling it to look there and Lock at the same time.

Hence why after you slave the maverick to the TGP, you wait till you are within range, and then you repetedly press tms up short until the maverick will acquire a lock.

So in short, no, there is no auto lock. This "slave maverick to TGP" deal is just to make it look there, a helpful little tool to move the maverick seeker head to your desired area.

WARNING!!! The maverick MIGHT lock on to something right next to your desired target.

My suggestion to you is to hit china hat forward short with the maverick as SOI to ZOOM IN and make SURE that the maverick has locked on to the right target.

• ED Team
I have following problem/question.

When I slave my maverick to my TGP SPI it is going to track the TGP. Let's say I am tracking a stationary tank. I need to press TMS up short to try to lock on, is that correct?

Right now when I engage distant targets and the MAV is already in range but does not get a lock I just keep pressing TMS up short until it gets a lock. Is this the proper way to do it? Is there any kind of automatization?

When I ground-stabilize my maverick, is it supposed to automatically detect a target? Or do I need to press TMS up short here too to try a lock? Again here: is there a way to make the missile get a lock automatically? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks a lot in advance!

This is how Maverick works IRL. By the 'slave to SPI' function IFFCC sends the direction where to look, but nothing more. It is pilot's job to determine whether he wants the missile to start tracking, or not. Other slewable systems in A-10C work in the same manner. For example when you command Slave to SPI, the TAD does not hook automatically an object under the cursor, and TGP does not lock anything as well, it just stares at the point.

Edited by Olgerd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

blablabla girl red shirt nice ass

Dude, how can you see her ass if we are in a crowd? :D

Alright then - the way you explained it is how I always used the maverick. I don't need to watch the video, also because I can't stand the clipped radio voice. ^^ Sorry. Also there is nothing to learn.

Thanks for clearing that "gotta always press TMS up short to lock onto something" up.

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

I believe the DCS Mav (as in RL) will also try to auto-lock on anything below the gates when you slew and release it's sensor. So another (and harder) way to get lock is to slew with Mav as SOI and then release when you are right over the desired object.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe the DCS Mav (as in RL) will also try to auto-lock on anything below the gates when you slew and release it's sensor. So another (and harder) way to get lock is to slew with Mav as SOI and then release when you are right over the desired object.

The MAV will unfortunately only recognize something with a high contrast and therefore stay at it, but it wont lock itself. You still have to press TMS Up Short in order to get a valid lock.

Also...get yer slave rate down to 1 or 0.5. It's a big help.

Big +1

Also

Stabilise aircraft and 'sloooooow' down. Once you hit the mav weapon envelope, clock is ticking for you to make your shot. If you don't have the aid of the tgp, or a spi, you might only be left with boresight (China left AFT short). use TMS DOWN SHORT to stabilise temporarily. if you loose target, and still time/distance, go back heads-up SOI, boresight again, (or re-slave to SPI again if its your target) then MAV SOI, and try again. If you run out of time, just break and redo the IP.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
The MAV will unfortunately only recognize something with a high contrast and therefore stay at it, but it wont lock itself. You still have to press TMS Up Short in order to get a valid lock.

Actually hassata is correct. Maverick tries to lock on something automatically within its gates once slew is released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

To my knowledge, the mav seeker does not have any kind of INS, they only rely on the image to detect signatures of possible targets, so stabilizing is a problem for them.

They have gyros, so they should have the optical axis of the seeker space-stabilized while you are slewing around.

It wont auto lock until the rocker key is touched. the slew command, thats what he means. Lets say you fire your first maverick, and the next one is queued up, when you move the slew button, it will uncage itself and if it moves within anything it can lock on to, it will.

• 9 months later...

Best to make markpoints of all your targets with your tgp, then set your computer to markpoint mode.

Slew tgp to your markpoint.

Then use ufc (or your keybind) to switch waypoints.

Open up your maverick on the right mfcd and tgp on the left (to see whether your markpoints are still on target).

Then china hat up long on the mav and tms up to lock.

Switch next waypoint and repeat.

You can shoot all your mavs in one go this way without leaving the mav screen.

Should I make an youtube video of the process?

Nothing at all, that is how mavs work. Ground stabilisation is only used as part of the targeting process when using force correlate mode.

In addition, you may want to reduce slew speed for the seeker from 5.0 to 2.0

does wonders attempting to engage tanks on top of them.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.