Flight Sim Fanatics - A casual group!

B1Helios

Hellow Fellow DCS World pilots,

Are you looking for a friendly & casual group of people to fly with?

Want a fun environment that still promotes learning and honing your skills?

Interested in flying in MP sessions any day during the week and weekends.

The DCS series of sims including LockOn/Flaming cliffs has a tremendous amount of support from the flight sim community from the hardcore fan, to the casual weekend warriors. Athough now mostly known as DCS World.

At http://www.flight-sim-fanatics.com we are of the latter. We fly the DCS Blackshark, FC2 & 3, the DCS A10 and P51 Mustang. Additionally we also fly other sims as well to include FSX and a few others. For more detailed information on other sims we fly, come check us out.

We are geared towards being a casual group of friendly flyers. Our members span from the UK to the US. Although we are casual, we take the learning process seriously, but we make it fun. And what better to advance through the learning curve at a quicker pace learning with others!

We have our own Teamspeak server. We do not require you to know militeristic lingo, or know the phonetic alphabet. We simply come together to have fun and to learn from one another. Our members come and go as they please, flying when they can and want to. We don't require any commitments of time.

Our servers are generally password protected and not for reasons of closing ourselves off to potential pilots, but more to provide fun and friendly multi-player sessions for members. However, it is typically up to whomever is hosting the session if they want to password protect their server. We have no hard and fast rules dictating anything to our members.

All we ask is a mature audience, both in game and on our TS server.

If interested, please come check us out at http://www.flight-sim-fanatics.com. Please register so you have full access to our forum where you will find dates and times of upcoming sessions. You will also find a casual, knowledgeable and light humored group of individuals in which to fly with and discuss anything relating to flight sims or otherwise. I look forward to meeting you.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

B1helios

Edited by B1Helios

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd post a few photos of our recent multiplayer sessions over at Flight-Sim-Fanatics.

We decided to take a break one day from blowin stuff up and practice some formation flying in the KA-50. Here you see four of us maintain formation. Flying lead is definitely the easiest.

formation1.jpg

formation4.jpg

formation5.jpg

We're gearing up for the DCS A10C. As you can see in the next few photos a couple of us set out to practice cold & dark starts, then took off out of Batumi airbase to dispatch some targets using the AGMs'.

We also dropped some CBU's and finished the remaining targets off with the GAU 30MM.

LightingItUpA10.jpg

This is a screenie I took watching the replay from my wingman's cockpit. Me on his right just after takeoff.

sense1.jpg

For anyone interested in coming out, we typically hold sessions on Friday's, Sats, Sun, Mon and Tuesdays.

We're also in the works of developing a ranked structure for our members. Essentially we're building missions we'll be using as checkrides to pass proficiencies per any particular checkride. As members pass each checkride, they receive a medal they can either add to their avatar or sig. Again, nothing too serious, but is fun to see everyone's expertise in both the BS and the A10 at a glance.

• Like 2

Hello B1,

seems like your offer is tailor-made for me:

I have

-never flown online before

-a kind of basic understanding of the systems

-poor gun accuracy

-no knowledge of procedures

-not mastered aerial refueling

-landed the plane w/o damage (no winds...)

-cannot commit any fixed time

-and: currently, there are holidays here in Germany :P (I speak english, though)

Would you welcome me or am I "too casual"?

Warning: I'll ask more than I can contribute :)

I think I will join you.

Great initiative!

Supersheep

Hello B1,

seems like your offer is tailor-made for me:

I have

-never flown online before

-a kind of basic understanding of the systems

-poor gun accuracy

-no knowledge of procedures

-not mastered aerial refueling

-landed the plane w/o damage (no winds...)

-cannot commit any fixed time

-and: currently, there are holidays here in Germany :P (I speak english, though)

Would you welcome me or am I "too casual"?

Warning: I'll ask more than I can contribute :)

I think I will join you.

Great initiative!

Supersheep

Too casual, this is a joke correct, this is a group with me in. :megalol: There's no such thing. And don't worry about asking. There's a link in my sig to our website. We're still learning the A-10. We've got a session tonight but I don't know if B1 can get you registered fast enough to get the details. You can always try. BTW we do play on sim mode without labels generally but we'll help you with targets.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Hey SuperSheep, We'd be happy to have you out. I did just go through and make some reg approvals. I hope you were in there. ;D

We are definitely geared towards the casual side of things and most of our members are still learning these awesome sims. We do have some well practiced pilots as well who are always willing to help out and answer questions.

We've actually got an A10C session schedule today at 1900 gmt (in about 30 min), come on out if you have the time.

Looking forward to flying with ya! :pilotfly:

B1

• 2 months later...

Hello B1 !

This looks like the perfect squadron for me!

i fly the A-10, and have done that for some time now, but i have never been with a squadron to fly with them before, but i at least think i have a basic knowledge of how to do things :P

I tried to visit your forum but i got connection problem :/ maybe its just my browser so i will try again later today :)

Regards Mnrty :)

That is good to hear! :D

And regarding the forum il try again now then ! :)

Edit: Got in to the forum and registered now, so fingers crossed! :D

Sounds good. It's just been redone. I've got a load of pictures from our flights stored in albums. If you look at my profile they're on the right.

This sounds interesting, what time zone are most of your members in?

Very spread out. Around 4 for America, couple of UK, a few germans, couple of Norwegians. Mostly Europe I would guess but where you are doesn't matter much. We're also very kind. They didn't punish me at all for crashing into the tanker one time. I've got the pics if anyones interested. :D

Sounds good. It's just been redone. I've got a load of pictures from our flights stored in albums. If you look at my profile they're on the right.

Sounds good indeed ! I will take a look at the pics when im in front of my computer later tonight :) i hope i get to join you guys on a flight someday!:D

I know what that looks like. :D

"How come?" - "shhhh^^"

:D

@all:

Only thing that requires a bit getting used to is the timezones, but that is no different than here in the forums.

I sometimes have the impression that I should wait 24 hours before I check for answers the first time to allow for all timezones to rotate through their specific times of activity...

:megalol:

Super-

Hello everyone

I've been playing flight-sims for a long time , untill my joystick broke about a year ago.I've now just ordered a new one , and i'm definately planning on picking up DCS black shark 2.

I would love to play it online with a group of people but i dont know anyone who is into flight sims , let alone someone who's willing to pay money to get equipment for it (joystick , trackIR , etc)

So i was wondering if i could maybe fly with you guys ? :D looks really fun

Anyways thanks for reading my post and i will await an answer.

McBlemmen

Hello everyone

I've been playing flight-sims for a long time , untill my joystick broke about a year ago.I've now just ordered a new one , and i'm definately planning on picking up DCS black shark 2.

I would love to play it online with a group of people but i dont know anyone who is into flight sims , let alone someone who's willing to pay money to get equipment for it (joystick , trackIR , etc)

So i was wondering if i could maybe fly with you guys ? :D looks really fun

Anyways thanks for reading my post and i will await an answer.

McBlemmen

Course your welcome to join. (I just crashed into the tanker again. :doh: )