Support to Export the HUD -Please!

PeterP

Please add the support to export the complete HUD (with a black Background) like we do it right now with the gauges and MFCDs.

So cockpit builders are able to build their own HUD simply by using a Fresnel lens and a angled glass and a low cost mini projector. :smilewink:

Edit: and a ++ would be if we would be able to mirror this export inside DCS!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWRkpvJFhjvRfVdf22ItkBfIs0haubiYrOky_vltBnbhjw2a0Uzg

-this would also require to be able to remove the HUD from cockpit view.

Edited by PeterP

You should also be able to make GEAR/LEAVU module for it, though it might be a bit of a pita to align (though that would go anyhow since you'd have to align the rig).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Quite sure you can already with some script tweaking, lemme dig up the info

Simmeters did this already in 2009 with BlackShark :

This show the use of DCS Black Simulator with SimMeters HUD Product, used modified *.lua files from simulator to get the hud exported on second monitor (HUD Monitor).

Yes - searching for the info how to do this in DCS 1.1.0.9 and up

- I need this info to start working on my project again. and I want have a physical HUD implemented.

The graphic power that I need for this is available (and most important for me: ) and it is affordable right now...

You should also be able to make GEAR/LEAVU module for it, though it might be a bit of a pita to align (though that would go anyhow since you'd have to align the rig).

Edit:Sorry - "Thanks for the input!" (this can be misleading of my intentions...)didn't is the appropriate term that I wanted to use in first instance (because of language barriers)...So once again:

I really appreciate your input!

(This is what I wanted to say - I had to look it up!)

But I still want to see this preconfigured in DCS instead of doing this via programs/edits/hacks that will break the integrity check (or could do this- depends on server side settings) .

Thats why I'm posting it on the wish-list instead in the cockpit-builders corner.

I fear that doing it on my own will break the integrity-check.

and yes - aligning / calibrating it will be hard - but it is doable if you have a static viewpoint in the 3D world.

Edited by PeterP

You are right (I also want this option "out of the box" ...)- and you aren't harping - but please open your own wish here (= open a thread) and explain exactly what you want.

This will help the DEVs to track the things...;) (instead mixing things up)

That's why we have this "Wish list" corner! ( also called TrashBin in the UBI Forums :D )

Edited by PeterP

Good Idea - but you missing one small thing...

Even if you get a "LCD" that is clear enough that you can see the image of the 3D world behind it (OLED displays could probably do this)

you still can't focus both at the same time... and what's also very important - you wouldn't be able to align it with the 3d world - think about the gun-piper.

If this would work - we would have to re-write the rules of physics . ;)

If it would be so easy like you describe I bet you would see it in real jets.

To get the focus/and alignment right you have to do it with a lens and a mirror.

Edit:

Maybe also include a transparent background

P.S.:

If you could pass the RGB values for "Transparent" to the guys from ED - they sure would be able to do this.... - but without this values - I fear that this is not possible ATM ;-)

Edited by PeterP

• 8 months later...