Linden´s A-10c pit "cardboard"

linden

I decided to try a different way of buildning a pit, it will be made of carboard 3pic, 6mm on every part.

The blueprints a used is from Dimebugs Free Stencil.

As shown on the images the edges are not covered yet.

Will use a filler to fill them, so it will look better.

Here is some images of my progress so far.

Parts Parts and more Parts:)

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/383/20110902140936.jpg' alt='20110902140936.jpg'>

Parts glued together.

20110902154135.jpg

20110902162843.jpg

20110902165947.jpg

20110902172525.jpg

20110902172706.jpg

20110902172724.jpg

• Like 1

That looks very nice, I just wonder how it's gonna hold up over time.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I would also suggest strategically installing pieces of 1/8" thick Lexan or aluminum strips on the back of the your panels. This will increase the structural intregrity over the long term.

Also, unless you completely seal every micron of every surface on the cardboard, it will eventually give into changing humidity conditions.

Hence the suggestion for the lexan or aluminum to give it some reinforcement.

You could be on to something with this. You could sell these as a template kit for people who don't have as much time to build who want to trace and cut.. just a thought.

Looks pretty cool.. can't say i have ever seen this before

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

That looks great,will it support a monitor inside it?looking forward to more pic's.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

That looks great,will it support a monitor inside it?looking forward to more pic's.:thumbup:

Dont know if it will support a lage monitor just by hangin it on the carbord, you will need some sort of backpic to hold it up.

But the 7" monitors like for the mfd will work,

Im gonna test out some stuff this week so i will post more pic as i go..:)

Damn, now you have got me thinking again...no good can come from this!:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You laser cut corrugated? I have a Knife table where I work since I am also in the corrugated industry. It basically has a reciprocating exacto blade to cut the board. I have a non realistic pit designed for my table that I never cut the parts for. My table will only cut a single sheet at a time up to BC double wall which is roughly 5/16" thick. So I would have to hand glue all the layers together after they were cut. Is that what you had to do as well? If so, I applaud you. That is the main thing holding me back. I have free materials and unlimited access to the table since I am a designer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

You must be kidding your going to sell cardboard cockpits?

When I began this experiment, they were just to test to see if it was possible to make a pit in the carboard.

But now I have received great feedback from many who want a pit that is easy to build and not too heavy,

and of course that does not cost that much.

So no I am not joking, I'll probably make a kit.

Good luck with that guys I really hope that works out for you:thumbup:

When I began this experiment, they were just to test to see if it was possible to make a pit in the carboard.

But now I have received great feedback from many who want a pit that is easy to build and not too heavy,

and of course that does not cost that much.

So no I am not joking, I'll probably make a kit.

• Like 1

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.