Operation Pilot Search V2 MP Beta

Operation Pilot Search V2 is a remake of Quirkitized Pilot Search mission. The mission is a 17 player MP mission (13 A-10c & 4 KA-50's).

* Due to size of mission file, you may have longer load times when entering MP server *

* Edit: Updated to 1.2.6 version

The mission includes custom voice sound files which should enhance the players experience. Appx. 30 custom voice files were created for this mission!

Special thanks to Quirkitized for making such a great mission and my buddies below for providing the great audio. Warning: The mission does contain strong language!

Sound File Roster:

Ranger79 as "Victor-61"

Qazme as "Juliet-22"

Cobrabase as "Command One"

Gharness as "Victor-62"

This is my first attempt at creating/editing a mission in DCS. Please leave feedback regarding bugs, likes, dislikes, and suggestions. Mission difficulty is Medium.

MISSION DESCRIPTION:

A friendly F-15E has been shot down conducting a recon mission near enemy territory. You are a member of Hawg Flight and you must provide CAS/CSAR. We need to bring the two F-15E pilots back home, alive!

You must clear a WP before the next becomes active.

NOTE:

Friendly: GREEN SMOKE

Enemy: WHITE SMOKE

SAM Altitude hardcap: 12k ft.

(WP1) Secure Crash Site:

Downed F-15E location. The enemy has setup a large perimeter around the crash site, neutralize all enemy targets. Once complete. Juliet-22 (ground forces) will secure the site. Stay on station for orders.

(WP2) Rescue Pilot 1 (Victor-61):

With Pilot 1 located at a near city, take out any and all threats. Once WP2 is secure, two Blackhawk Helicopters (callsign Springfield) will perform a CSAR. Stay onboard for orders.

(WP3) Friendly Airfield (Krasnodar-Center) - Re-arm/Re-fuel here if you do not wish to RTB for it as this airfield is closer.

(WP4) Rescue Pilot 2 (Victor-62):

With the first pilot safe, we need to rescue Victor-62. Intel reports indicate he may be held captive at WP4 at the enemies command center, this area is HEAVILY guarded by low-altitude SAM & AAA. Neutralize all threats.

(WP5) Evac - Possible egress location of Victor-62 (Pilot-2). Stay frosty!

Friendly Assets in the Region:

**ALL A/C on FREQ: 135.00 AM**

- CVN-70 Carl Vinson (US Carrier)

- AH-64's (ATG) Uzi-11

- CH-53E's (Transport) Pontiac-11

- F-15C's (CAP) Dodge-11

- E-2D (AWACS) Darkstar-11

Helpful Tips:

1. Listen for orders from Command One Actual.

2. Try and keep 1-2 A/C in the air while your wingmen rearm/refuel

3. Hawg-5,6,7 and 8 start from WP3 (Krasnodar-Center).

4. 4 Ship KA-50 Group Start from WP3 (Krasnodar-Center)

Sound File Roster:

Ranger79 as "Victor-61"

Qazme as "Juliet-22"

Cobrabase as "Command One"

Gharness as "Victor-62"

(Special thanks to the guys above and Quirkitized for making such a great mission)

Intro%20Pilot%20Search.jpg?psid=1

mission%20pic1.jpg?psid=1

Great Video by Ralfidude:

Early Sound File Samples for mission:

Enjoy guys, if this mission is liked, will make a campaign!

Operation_Pilot_SearchV2_1.2.6_v1.miz

Edited by Ranger79
modifying mission
  • Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome voices ! very well done !

i feel the sweat allready running down my face and palms when i fly this mission !

its going to be a great immersive expirience !!! looking forward to it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

;1271272']awesome voices ! very well done !

i feel the sweat allready running down my face and palms when i fly this mission !

its going to be a great immersive expirience !!! looking forward to it

Thanks man, sound files took some time, but was well worth it.

One detail about spawning from Krymsk.

After the AI apaches have taxied to their landing position at Krymsk, any one spawning into position hawg 2,4 or hawg 5 will spawn on top of an apache. It looks funny to see an apache mating with an a-10c...

Other than that , this is an excellent mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

One detail about spawning from Krymsk.

After the AI apaches have taxied to their landing position at Krymsk, any one spawning into position hawg 2,4 or hawg 5 will spawn on top of an apache. It looks funny to see an apache mating with an a-10c...

Other than that , this is an excellent mission.

Roger that, I can make a FARP for the helos to land on next to the airbase, thanks for the heads-up.

Can the friendly airbase - Krasnodar Center be changed from Neutral to part of the allies/coalition so we can refuel and rearm from Krasnodar Center.

Read somewhere a friendly unit near the base also may help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

Can the friendly airbase - Krasnodar Center be changed from Neutral to part of the allies/coalition so we can refuel and rearm from Krasnodar Center.

Read somewhere a friendly unit near the base also may help.

Redfish, the latest beta does make the base allied. However, last night during beta testing, Hawg-1 and 2 could rearm/refuel easily from the base, but Hawgs 3-6 could not. I do not know why it would not work. Everyone could rearm at Krymsk.

Hey Ranger79,

My Squadron just gave this mission a good go and we liked it allot, so kudos to you mate :thumbup:

Only thing that bugged my Buddys out, was their inability to Rearm or contact Ground Crew in general at WP 3 (the "Rearm Airport"). I had no problems, maybe since I was the Host. So anyways my question is, is this a bug in the mission or an issue on my end?

Anyhow cheers mate, hope you got a fix for us on this one :smilewink:

Rep inbound.

/Krycek

= CAD = Krycek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I try to save a life a day. Usually it's my own!

Redfish, the latest beta does make the base allied. However, last night during beta testing, Hawg-1 and 2 could rearm/refuel easily from the base, but Hawgs 3-6 could not. I do not know why it would not work. Everyone could rearm at Krymsk.

Didn't read this before my previous post, sorry bout that.

But the issue still remain and in our case it was only Hawk 1-1 that could use that Airbase at WP3 for Rearm and such.

/Krycek

= CAD = Krycek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah it is frustrating about the rearm at WP3, still waiting for some assistance with this portion. This occurred after 1.08 patch as well in a few missions I was flying, if I cant get it fixed, will have to make one airbase (starting) the default base.

Ok, I added an american refuel truck, and made Hawg-3 and 4 start and spwan from this location. Please try it out and see if this fixes the problem.

Beta 2c uploaded.

Edited by Ranger79

Ok, I added an american refuel truck, and made Hawg-3 and 4 start and spwan from this location. Please try it out and see if this fixes the problem.

Beta 2c uploaded.

Thank you very much, will give it a go, hopefully this evening.

I´ll report back of what I find ofc :)

Cheers.

/Krycek

= CAD = Krycek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay Ranger79,

Switching Hawg 3 and 4 to the other airbase actually did fix the problem, but I would love to see all Hawg flights at the same base initially :smilewink:

Also saw you trying to join us this evening, did you have trouble connecting mate, never saw you get fully in!?

Anyways thanks for a great mission, it's good fun :thumbup:

Cheers.

/Krycek

= CAD = Krycek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have to give it time :book:

When it just stands there saying "Loading Mission", then it means that it's actually downloading the mission file, in most cases.

So even though my upload speed is 5 Mbit, it could still take just a bit of time to download it.

Also since you are located in the USA and me in Denmark, the connection is not the best :smilewink:

Hope to see you next time mate.

Take care.

/Krycek

Edited by CADelta

= CAD = Krycek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Ranger79,

My Buddy's and I are still loving to fly your mission here Sir. :thumbup:

We was wondering, if you by any chance could maybe turn down that initial audio track, the "SCRAMBLE, SCRAMBLE" thing? It's very loud mate. :director::fear:

Just a small request, sorry to be Biatchy about this, I really am amazed about your audio work on this mission.

And by the way, do you have any news on the possibility for all HAWG Flights to be able to spawn on the same Airbase and still Rearm at the other Airbase? :dontgetit:

Cheers.

/Krycek

= CAD = Krycek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]