51st PVO GCI Weekend

Case

gci.png

The 51st PVO Regiment will host a GCI weekend on our dedicated FC2/BS server.

When:

Coming weekend, September 9 to 11, evenings from 1700Z.

Where:

51st PVO FC2/BS Server [212.37.145.18]

51st PVO TS3 Server [51st.hopto.org:9987]

We will try our best to provide GCI controllers during the evenings of the weekend, starting from 1800Z. Using the LotATC v3.0.0 software, controllers will be able to direct flights/aircraft to the battle area and provide increased SA to participating pilots. Everyone who joins our Teamspeak to fly the event will be given a flight callsign and a specific TS channel in order to keep the communications organized.

Anyone who doesn't want to fly with GCI support is free to join the server as usual, but we encourage everyone to join as it's much more fun Our controllers will be using English and will not provide GCI in any other language.

Edited by Case
Updated post for September GCI weekend

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

This event was bloody brilliant last time, if I can make it I will 100% be there!!!

Anyone who has not taken part in this before you will NOT regret it.... great fun!!!

Nice one 51st

S!

104th_Maverick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

is this something new/inexperienced pilots should shy away from? Or will we most likely be able to keep up with operations?

This is definitely something everyone should try to attend regardless of their experience. Imagine flying with a live AWACS... as long as you can understand things like: "bandits 130 for 20 angels high hot" you should be just fine!

At the very least try it. It kinda shows what happens when you take a relaxed enviorment of a public server and combine it with live ATC and information. If anything it should be easier because you'll have somebody watching over the battlefield situation trying to keep everyone aware of whats going on.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

B.R.A

Bearing - bandits bearing from you or bullseye

Range - How far away they are

Altitude - Their altitude

Basically just short instructions on where to look for the bad guy at.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The server is up and running with GCI enabled. Join our game server at 212.37.145.18 (<51>SERVER) and our TS3 server at 51st.hopto.org:9987!

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ironmike, our AWACS did a pretty good job! The pleasure was more in the deep flying with some old friend like AS.

Many and many thanks to 51° that made it possible ... for a lil while I felt like a old times Red Flag ... Too bad I cant fly the rest of these days , I'll be AFK for few days ...

Tkx at who flew with us in blue , and thanks at who flew in red making things exciting. Iron.. you'r tha man !

cya ;)

61st Sq 'Griffins'- Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

Good job there Ironmike , i appreciated , i really enjoyed to be in there....

Many and many thanks @ 51° guys for host an event like this one.... that was funny and exciting....

Thanks to all ... :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Ghost72Rider

Thanks for all that joined in tonight! I controlled the red coalition for a while and it was great to direct pilots.

Here's a screenshot of my LotATC screen and the people on the TS3 server.

lotatc3.png