FLIM's mini pit progress

Flim

Hey guys, I have started working on a low cost custom A-10c mini pit based off the UMC v2.

The front console is mounted to a 19 inch Acer Lcd and made from MDF and acrylic. The front panel Velcros to the lcd. I have all the switches that are required to fly in game without the full cockpit view. Next I will start the left and right consoles built in a similar fashion in which I will conserve switches and space where possible. My goal is to not use a keyboard or mouse. Thanks to Helios and creative programming, this is very possible. Last, I'm using leo's boards and ones locally from Groovy game gear.com.

I will be drawing up consoles and panels in the coming days...

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

Edited by Flim

Nice and clean looking pit.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Thanks, I like to build... but I like to fly as well and you can easily get to the point where you are building only.

It is amazing how much info I can squeeze on that little 19 inch lcd and still have room!

I have a 15 inch LCD and I could fit my MFD's on it, but then I'd lose a place to put vent/ts and maps. Might get a bigger one since they are cheap and I can find them on craigs list for a good price.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

By far the cleanest functional pit i have seen very nice ! I would love to see a shot with dcsa10 running. I wonder if i could acheive the same look with eyfinity .

Specs. MB Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN 3, CPU i5-2500K @ 3.3Ghz,

RAM Corsair XMS3 16 Gig, GA Diamond ATI Radeon he 6950 2gig,

PSU Corsair GS 800 watt, Display 3 19" Samsung 930b eyefinity.

Controls TM Warthog, TM mfp, Saitek combat pedals, Track IR 5 pro clip led.

The kind of stuff that ll inspire me...truly. i ll have a very similar frame and was sthinking about something along this way.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Hey guys, I have had a few mails on folks interested in the front console. Currently working on the side consoles as well, but I can offer kit versions of the front now.

Based on 19 inch lcd and Helios, MDF and acrylic structure ( cnc'd) kit. Basically you will receive the mdf structure which needs to be glued, sanded, painted- then you will receive the laser engraved panels and fire handles which are functional. I can supply pics on how I assembled and wired mine. If you spend a weekend of building and wiring , then you should have it all working. I designed the console to be easy and cheap to build for what it is, but you will have complete function without the need of the on screen cockpit. Just Pm if your want more info.

when I get home from my trip today, I will shoot a vid of my setup working.

Edited by Flim

Cheers for that, i have to admit tho it would either be some sort of pit or having a bed to sleep in so i'll have to go for the bed hehe. Sadly its only a 1 room apartment, cheap as hell but leaves much to be desired in space.

I'll keep that in mind however as i'm looking at some kind space/solution for your new DIY kits, might come up with something.

Thanks a million in any case.

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

It's really good and well built cockpit, in fact i am thinking in building something like you. I haven't space enough and your idea is really fantastic for me.

Congratulations for your cockpit.

---=ONLY ANGELS FLY HIGHER=----[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cuando llegues al final de tu cuerda, haz un nudo y aguanta. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

:pilotfly::thumbup: Buenos Vuelos-Good flights

Flim a question, what is the total lenght of the project:

From the wall to the most distant point of the sit.

I cannot say i m nt interested in the front console as i will have a 22" and i had envisioned something similar, but i m short on money till next year so i won t be able to pay. :(

Edit: if you paint the warthog extender jet black that will be it!

Edited by Succellus

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Fliim - how did you make your landing gear lever - I love it - love it!! It would be perfect for my pit... Please teel me?? :)

Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920 @3.8Gh, 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600hz, Msi GTX 470 Twin Frozr, Corsair 850w Mod PSU, TIR 5, HOTAS WH

Ei FLim, right now in video is really amazing man, Congratulations again. Like i wrote you ( I am Scramble1974 in youtube), is amazing. Man, i think that you will have another replica of your cockpit in Spain hehheheh. A part of that my future wife command in home, you know ,hheheheh.

is really good idea ;ike you wrote with the front console being on the monitor arm,is a good solution if we haven't space.

Cheers man.

And let me know when you will put LEDS Light, will be amazing. See you on air.

Edited by juankeiko

---=ONLY ANGELS FLY HIGHER=----[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cuando llegues al final de tu cuerda, haz un nudo y aguanta. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

:pilotfly::thumbup: Buenos Vuelos-Good flights

Fliim - how did you make your landing gear lever - I love it - love it!! It would be perfect for my pit... Please teel me?? :)

The lever is pretty simple... let me make another and then I can post how I did it!