Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
BulldogA10

Reputation power: 0
BulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the rough
Angry Pitch ladder off to right/left

I know that sometimes cross winds will effect the HUD pitch ladder being shifted to the right/left but is it suppose to happen throughout the entire mission? For example, after I take off the ladder shift to the right/left and does not center for most of the mission. The rudder is centered, Is anyone having this issue? Anyone know how to fix this?
BulldogA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
effte

Reputation power: 32
effte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to effte

If the crosswind lasts throughout the mission, then you will be going slightly sidways over the ground, the TVV will stay offset to the side and the HUD ladder is always centered on the TVV. It's a feature, not a bug...

It makes sense in a ground pounder, when you think about it.

Cheers,
Fred
effte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
Tyger

Reputation power: 102
Tyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud ofTyger has much to be proud of

Yep....wind for sure.

Also....................................

If you use rudder pedals, set a deadzone of 3 or 4. This will eliminate any, 'what i call', Rudder pedal 'stutter'.........;-)

Regards

'T'

"Superbia excellentiam!"

Tyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
aaron886
Veteran

Reputation power: 56
aaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to behold

I'm drawing a blank here... is it possible to "cage" the VV in the A-10C? In the Hornet, for example, one can "cage" the VV, locking the lateral drift of the VV and pitch ladder to the center of the HUD. (In the Hornet, a "ghost" VV is displayed when the VV is "caged".)
aaron886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
pirate010

pirate010 is an unknown quantity at this point

is the EGI nav data button on from navigation mode select panel? changed from HARS at startup,

i know i forget to check this time to time and wunder why my ladder & ADI are telling me odd things after takeoff.
pirate010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
BulldogA10

BulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the roughBulldogA10 is a jewel in the rough

The EGI nav data button on the navigation mode select panel is checked, but I noticed if I turn it off the ladder and everything on the HUD centers ass it should.
BulldogA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #7
effte

effte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to alleffte is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron886 View Post
I'm drawing a blank here... is it possible to "cage" the VV in the A-10C?
No.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #8
uri_ba

Reputation power: 6
uri_ba has a spectacular aura abouturi_ba has a spectacular aura abouturi_ba has a spectacular aura abouturi_ba has a spectacular aura abouturi_ba has a spectacular aura about

But can cage the ledder to the center vv will still show. Orrect drift.
switch is on the right panel if I remember correctly. Look down there

A-10 Hog, Have a nice day!
uri_ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #9
aaron886
Veteran

Reputation power: 56
aaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to beholdaaron886 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by effte View Post
No.
Thanks, and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by uri_ba View Post
But can cage the ledder to the center vv will still show. Orrect drift.
switch is on the right panel if I remember correctly. Look down there
...thanks.
aaron886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #10
effte

aaron,
gotta love forums, right?