Attention all Server Admins - Please Read:

**Disclaimer: Whilst this post is primarily directed at the current DCS Warthog Community and attendant servers, it is by no means indicative of a division in the Community/Slight on the FC2 servers, but rather an attempt to address the current state of the DCS servers insofar as approachability/openess is concerned**

In furtherance to a discussion that developed in the following thread (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70755&page=3 post#29 onwards), would all Current server admins as well as those who are contemplating providing/running a server, be it part-time or otherwise, kindly note their interest in participating in some type or form of structure/council to aid in the betterment of the DCS Multiplayer Community.

To put it in the simplest possible terms:

We want to get all the servers together, structure and plan it in such a way that all servers are easily accessible to all members of the community, irrespective of skill or status, all the while providing servers that cater to all from Basic Training to Avanced Operations and Excercises, obviously within the inherent reasonable constraints of all the server providers concerned. Rather than working separately as is currently the case, let's work together.

I'll reiterate again - this post is merely a yardstick to determine interest in the proposal. I would obviously implore all the relevant server admins to note their interest - it is however up to the individuals concerned. I am hoping that if we can garner sufficient interest, we can go ahead and submit a formal proposal to ED for the possible creation of a sub-forum within which to further the Multiplayer Server Administration Committee (for lack of a better word) goals.

We however need to get the DCS Hog server admins behind the idea first: Spread the word and kindly note your interest by replying to the post.

Ta

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I ... for myself (and hopefully all other =STP=Hosts) fully support this initiative !

(i will have a talkback with the other hosts at =STP= and hope to get them in the boat as well)

=STP= Schnarre

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Excellent!

17 servers currently on MP - Cm'on Admins - we need you all :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wouldn't this be more on the mission creators than the server admins? After all, all we do is host...it's the content that dictates beginner or advance players. I am for helping but not sure I understand.

You are correct - It is however the Server admin that dictates what is on his server at the end of the day. If we can get the DCS MP server admins together we can then come to some type of agreement/rota system of which server will runs what missions, ie the when/what and how, all the while having due regard to the DCS Community member input. The dedicated sub-forum will then also act as a one-stop-shop for inter-alia links to briefings/missions/server status etc etc.

At the end of the day it's all about providing the MP community with a variety of unpassworded, accessible servers that cater for all from the beginner to the advanced - It's all about user-friendliness......Well, that's the intent in any event. In order to do so, we need the backing of the server admins to even begin contemplating such.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I am gonna to be in, as soon as I get my server up again :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

104th as well with current FC2 server and planned A-10C server.

Maybe an idea to use would be standarized class names for servers. Dedicated, Co-op, Training etc. or by level of difficulty, i.e. Hardcore, Regular and Newbie. That way people know what to expect and what level of readiness they need to be.

Edited by Crunch

...Maybe an idea to use would be standarized class names for servers...

I broke my mind allready on that before the discussion starts:thumbup:... in fact ... some(74th/=STP=) allready gave it a shot and started out with a "newcomertraining" .....this should/would be the first step in a Categorie for MPmissions.

for example:

1. "Communitytraining for DCS Newcomer" - hotas setup, help with statup, basic flight systems -> a free "supervised" flying with focus on fun and bringing the new ones off the ground (OPEN SERVER)

2. "Advanced Training" - the next step from "fLight to fight" (open for those who signend in ... doesnt matter with which tool .. but i advertise the ATO once more ...CLOSED SERVER)

3. "tactical engagement" - Use what u learned in a real mission environment ( for those who signed in and of course on a CLOSED SERVER)

4. "FUN engagement" - Use what u learned in a real mission environment (OPEN SERVER)

5. "aerobatics" - no guns just funs (OPEN OR CLOSED SERVER) ... depend on the program which will be flown

6. "Internal flights" - weather invited or signed in doesnt matter ... this is a Squadron internal Flight only for those who signed in a squadron CLOSED SERVER)

I thought a lot about this and i still think with these few "missiontypes" u can cover almost every "way of flying the Hog/FC2/Ka50"

I think as well that the names, I gave the "missions",is pretty much self explaining ... no matter if u played hawx or whatsoever ... u will understand ;-)

Edith says: I especially did not call the flights CAS or CAP or ... ... that is sth only immersed people understand and will not help the "community" and the "less NERDED pilots" at all ( i call myself a nerd with more than 250h on the a10C)

Edited by Schnarre [Aggro]
clicked before finishing the post :-(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

104th as well with current FC2 server and planned A-10C server.

Maybe an idea to use would be standarized class names for servers. Dedicated, Co-op, Training etc. or by level of difficulty, i.e. Hardcore, Regular and Newbie. That way people know what to expect and what level of readiness they need to be.

That's a good idea, I know some servers already do that. Would be nice if all servers did it.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Awesome, looks like I will be playing online :)

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

IMHO the big step forward to achieve things mentioned in this thread will be dedicated server exe!

Aye - would be good. It is however important to keep in mind that all the things mentioned in the thread is eminently achievable with what we have at present. Until we do get a dedi exe we just have to make work with what we've got :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Might I suggest if it hasn't already...

Some sort of channel / lobby

IE: almost any other game these days, you can log in and loiter in the channel waiting for others to play with...

Problem with A-10 is often times I log in, see 3 servers;

2 of which are locked

1 has zero players and the mission is running for 7 hours

I get the feeling that there might be 3 other people looking at the same list at the same time, then logging out and playing something else.

Now if we had a common place to chat and organize flights it would be MUCH smoother.

:smartass:*** Hint to ED, include a chat lobby in the main server list ***:smartass:

I am running a small Clan/Squadron called CADelta (consisting of a few good simmers and real life pilots, that just love to fly)

and from time to time I am hosting an open server also called CADelta (everyone is most welcome to join that).

So it would be my pleasure to help out in any way or form I can, to establish a more solid Multiplayer "playground" when it comes to our main choice, namely the A-10c Warthog.

I would also like to use this opportunity, as a shout out to all A-10c newcomers/beginners and the likes that want a good base of learning and just want to have a few simmers to fly around with from time to time (we ourself are still learning, so lets get together and build our skills together :)).

If interested visit our Social Group CADelta and get involved. We also have a 24/7 TeamSpeak 3 server running.

Anyways what I got from this thread is the importance of naming the servers better.

I will for one name our server better the next time.

Usually I just used our Clan name, but extending that so it looks something like:

CADelta - Basic Flight Training

CADelta - Basic Weapons Training

CADelta - ILS Landing

would probably be allot better :thumbup:

One thing we are missing though is a good mission creator to join our ranks, so we actually can host some nifty missions, that being from basic flight training to advanced missions at night.

And my deepest thanks Panzertard for ServMan3, just started using that :)

/Krycek

= CAD = Krycek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I try to save a life a day. Usually it's my own!

T&T would very much like to see MP improved, and will help where possible.

However it can't be stated strong enough that the problem with locked servers etc lies 110% at ED's door, not server hosts. Without dedicated exe and built in admin tools i'm not sure what can be done.

Sure missions could be named better and servers host should try and open their servers as much as possible. We would have a server up 24/7 & without a password 99% of the time if there was a dedicated exe that we could run on our box.. without that we are reliant upon our one member who has sufficient upload speeds to host a decent size server/mission. Having to run it on his personal PC is a very long way from being suitable.

Pressure upon ED to support the MP community further is what is needed.

Edited by MadTommy
typo

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4