Slave MAVS to TGP

dbeaty

Quick question, when using the TGP to designate targets and then slaving the Maverick seeker head to the TGP SPI, I get the seeker head to slew to the target but it never locks. Am I not waiting long enough? I've tried a few time and it doesn't lock as shown in a few of the Beta version videos on Youtube. If I manually slew the seeker head away and back to the target it locks no problem, but it was dead on in the first place and that doesn't seem to be the answer.

Thanks again

dbeaty

Asus P6 MB i7 6GB OC'd 3.8Ghz Win 7 64bit Cogage Cooler Radeon 6870 OC'd 975Mhz Core 1250 MHz RAM TM Afterburner TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Aardvarking it

People refer to it as "bumping". Sometimes you have to tap the slew just to get it to move a hair and it should lock up. Just slew the mav to TGP, wait til in valid range, then bump the slew just a tap and it should lock up no problem.

Yes, you should be able to successfully lock and fire on targets from ~7.5 nm under the right circumstances.

If they are stationary, you can fire at them from much longer distances using the force correlate mode.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

If you're gonna 'bump', then change the mav slew rate to something like 2.0 or less. That way you don't bump too far off the target. Also easier to re-acquire.

And don't be afraid to approach from a decent alt. You don't have to have the wagon wheel in the hud for good release.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

I get the seeker head to slew to the target but it never locks. Am I not waiting long enough?

The Maverick is still in a non-tracked state.

All you are doing is effectively changing the position of the seeker by slewing to the SPI. As stated, you then have to command the Maverick to commence tracking, ie with Maverick as SOI toggle it from a non-tracked state to a tracked state via TMS Fwd Short.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The Maverick is still in a non-tracked state.

...I toggle it from a non-tracked state to a tracked state via TMS Fwd Short.

I think I learned the bump somewhere else and have been frustrated when I don't have the slew rate preset changed and it jumps 50 meters. I knew there must be a simple explanation.

Thanks all

OK I tried it, that is way easier!

Edited by dbeaty

Asus P6 MB i7 6GB OC'd 3.8Ghz Win 7 64bit Cogage Cooler Radeon 6870 OC'd 975Mhz Core 1250 MHz RAM TM Afterburner TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Aardvarking it

I've a same or similar problem!

When using the TGP to designate targets and then slaving the Maverick (with SOI) the target it never locks, but ONLY with the first missile.

If i use the same TGP system and then slaving to MAV the targets are all locks, but always after first missile. Why?

Maybe is the BUG?

I'm sure to use this procedure:

- TGP -> SOI

- Set target to appropriate tracking mode

- Set SPI with TGP

- China FWD long to slave all to SPI

- MAV -> SOI

- TMS Up short to lock up once you are in range

Thank you

Calys

Edited by calys

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S.O: Win 64bit

MB: ASUSTek TUF GAMING X570P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 Core

GPU: nVidia GTX1080Ti 8GB

HD: Sabrent SSD 1TB

RAM: DDR4 32 GB 1600Mhz

Accessories: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Alim: 850 watt Corsair 850TXEU

Ok i resolved.

- TGP -> SOI

- Set target to appropriate tracking mode

- Set SPI with TGP

- China FWD long to slave all to SPI

- Set target with TMS UP LONG on target

- MAV -> SOI

- TMS Up short to lock up once you are in range

- SHOT!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alim: 850 watt Corsair 850TXEU

Calys,

it's weird the way you resolved your problem, since your extra step "Set target with TMS UP LONG on target" is the same as the original poster's step "Set SPI with TGP". In essence, you're just doing that command twice.

Cheers

K.

Calys,

it's weird the way you resolved your problem, since your extra step "Set target with TMS UP LONG on target" is the same as the original poster's step "Set SPI with TGP". In essence, you're just doing that command twice.

Cheers

K.

Ok I'm sorry

however i've understood the procedure. Thanks :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]