Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 03:42 AM   #1
Glider61

Reputation power: 0
Glider61 is on a distinguished road
Default CH Fighterstick

I am having issues with my CH Fighterstick. It will not let me assign HOTAS Controls. It comes up with 4 buttons already programmed but will not let me assign any others. For instance when I try to assign Master Mode or TMS Forward to the appropriate switch it will crash to desktop. I have deleted the user folder in saved games, reinstalled, and still get the same results. Here is what happens:

When I go to Options>Controls>HOTAS Commands it shows buttons 1,2,&4 assigned. When I click on Master Mode under the Fighterstick and then click Add it brings up the assignment window. I click button 3 on the stick and it appears in the assignment in the window. When I click the OK button it crashes to desktop. Anyone have any ideas? I have even gone thru and uninstalled and then reinstalled the game with the same results. The controllers are working fine in FSX and IL2.
Glider61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Crunch
Veteran

Reputation power: 114
Crunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud ofCrunch has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Crunch

You must be using a cmc file that has the controls already preset and listed so you can select them. Maybe the cmc file is corrupted?

You can always manually assign the keyboard commands in CH Manager itself. If you need help manually assigning keys for your profile go to http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/forum.php Look for the Control Manager For Dummies thread.
Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
ErichVon

Reputation power: 9
ErichVon is just really niceErichVon is just really niceErichVon is just really niceErichVon is just really niceErichVon is just really niceErichVon is just really niceErichVon is just really niceErichVon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider61 View Post
I am having issues with my CH Fighterstick. It will not let me assign HOTAS Controls. It comes up with 4 buttons already programmed but will not let me assign any others. For instance when I try to assign Master Mode or TMS Forward to the appropriate switch it will crash to desktop. I have deleted the user folder in saved games, reinstalled, and still get the same results. Here is what happens:

When I go to Options>Controls>HOTAS Commands it shows buttons 1,2,&4 assigned. When I click on Master Mode under the Fighterstick and then click Add it brings up the assignment window. I click button 3 on the stick and it appears in the assignment in the window. When I click the OK button it crashes to desktop. Anyone have any ideas? I have even gone thru and uninstalled and then reinstalled the game with the same results. The controllers are working fine in FSX and IL2.
Hi,

Do a search on my username concerning this topic. It took me a month to figure it out.

I will save you some time:
==================
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=69764

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=69919

Actually my setup has changed since posting these.

I use KonKuSSioN's (.map) .

I use his CH Control Manager only in the full SIM mode, not the gaming mode.

My OPTIONS Controls mappings are not titled: Fighterstick, Throttle, Pedals . They are all titled "CH Control Manager, Device 1; CH Control Manager, Device 2; CH Control Manager, Device 3" all 3, but in the sequence stated, left to right. I remapped every move, button and switch in the OPTIONS Controls as to Kon's setup. It works intuitively and flawlessly. I hardly know anything about the CH Control Manager and how to use it!

Warthog has presets that have to be cleared in the C:\Users\(user name)\Saved Games\Config >>>>etc.>>>> \ A-10C\ (and its) joystick settings and also in the OPTIONS Control board FIRST before doing the paragraph above this one.

If you are not bald, yet, you soon will be... LOL!

I setup 1st through Windows, then separately through the CH Control Manager, then the Warthog's OPTIONS controls settings.

It is a bear. And it only gets worse as to learning this game.

Have fun.

Erich

Last edited by ErichVon; 05-29-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: typos
ErichVon is offline   Reply With Quote