Operation Saturn (MP Mission)

Latest Version is 2.1

This is a COOP 6 mission that will give you multiple task/objectives. You will be operating out of FOB Oreo, which is very close to enemy lines.

Your flight was doing an reposition flight when you were called to FOB Oreo. Take off and get your tasking from UZI. UZI will have 10 task for you. After each task you can call UZI up to get the next task. At anytime you can call UZI to get your current task.

You will communicate with UZI by typing task or TASK in the chat window. This only becomes available after you rearm,refuel and take off to the west. A trigger will then trigger. UZI will welcome you to the fight.

Task are random. There is 10 task in all. The mission will end once all 10 are complete. This will take at least 4 hours. I will post some info later about editing the triggers to add more task if you would like. I will also post on how to make it only pull a certain number of task out of the 10.

Version 2.1 change log:

updated to work with current version of DCS and latest slmod

Know issues:

*Sometimes AI that are landing at the FOB will pile up on taxiway. Sometimes it works and sometimes they bug out.

*sometimes when you call for task and vehicles are destroyed that the script uses it will not broadcast the coordinates of the current task. This has only happen a couple of times for me. Im sure you will have the coordinates by the time this would occur.

Operation Saturn V2.1.miz

Edited by mia389
New version
  • Like 1

Editing this mission.

First, I forgot to mention that the first time you run this mission you will get a CTD. Its using Speed's script. Thanks to Speed for this, as this mission would not be possible without it.

Adding or deleting client aircraft:

You will need to add or delete the aircraft from 1 trigger. Name of the trigger is: RANDOMMAIN/welcome.

Changing the amount of task for mission complete:

Look for a trigger named "MissionEnd/#of task". Condition by default is flag 200 value of 10. Simply change the value to the number of task you would like to be completed for mission to be ended. These task will still be random so you might get different task every time you run the mission.

Adding more task to the mission:

1. Add your task to editor

A. Add your groups in the editor.

B. Make start time 13:0:0/5

C. Name your group R11

D. Name your units R11, R11_1, R11_2, R11_3 etc

2. Add your group to the script

A. Click on view unit list

B. Find unit named SCRIPT and check unhide box.

C. Click on trigger actions

D. Click on 14. Run Script "R10" then Edit

E. Copy everything in box. Should be this

R10 = { "R10", "R10_1", "R10_2", "R10_3", "cmd", "cmd1" }
chatmsg_groupMGRS("Pontiac, UZI, We have found an enemy command center. Rain hell on it! ", R10, 6, 3, 15)

D. Click on ADD tab. Type: Run command, Action: Run script Name R11

E. Paste the code from R10 in the box and edit it to something like this.

R11 = { "R11", "R11_1", "R11_2", "R11_3", "R11_4", "R11_5" }
chatmsg_groupMGRS("Pontiac, UZI, Your text will go here for the task ", R11, 6, 3, 15)

3. Add the three triggers.

A. Find the trigger named "Random10". Clone it and name it "Random11". Change its condition from flag 10 is false to flag 511 is false. Change its action flag on 10 to flag on 511. do not use flag 11. Sorry but I used that flag already as you can see. Look at the other randoms and you will see how it works. Flag 11 still needs to be in its condition and action just like the other randoms.

B. Find the trigger named "R5 Dead". Clone it and name it R11 Dead. Move it down on the list so its after R10. Change its condtion to your group you made R11. Change the action flag of 105 to 111. Change the message to what you want the trigger to say when your group is mostly dead.

C. Find the trigger named "R10". Clone it and name it R11. Under condition field change flag 110 to 111. Change flag 10 to 511. Under actions change group activate to your group R11. Also change the AI task run script R10 to R11.

That should get you an idea on how these triggers work. You can add more than one group. Just add it the group to the R11 Dead and R11 group activate triggers. The script will tell you the average location of the units you put in the scipt, even when they are moving.

This seems like alot but really its not bad at all. I just explained it step by step. Any questions just ask!

If you would like more info on the script check link

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70782

Edited by mia389
added link to script

Tried it a few times with some squad mates:

After the first try, I changed the mission so that all the planes are rampstart on the airfield.

When you get the new mission coordinates, they come on the screen for just a few seconds. It will be repeated for a few times, but it's still annoying. Can I change that somewhere in the scripts ?

Overal a good mission. Had us already a few times for a few hours busy.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Yes Danny you can. If you look at the script I have above you will see 6, 3, 15.

The 6 is for 6 digit coordinates. The 3 broadcast it 3 times. The 15 is the amount of seconds between the broadcast. So The message will be 6 digits that broadcast 6 times with a delay of 15 seconds.

You would have to change the 3 to a 1. Do it all 10 of the scripts. R1-R10. You will find them under the unit named SCRIPT, under triggered actions tab

• 2 weeks later...

I have played all of mia389 aka "Smokey"s missions and think they are great. They all keep getting better with age as he is always looking for ways to improve them. He's pretty experienced with other game editors and expect he will put the effort into this one until he masters it.

He is also a pilot and pilot instructor in the real world so he can bring some expertise to any flight sim community.

Definetly a member of the commuity to support!!

Bast

• Like 1

Just been flying for the past 4 hours+ with 2 VRA team mates.

Excellent mission, although the targets are buggers to find (except the runway one) lol.

I also love the JTAC giving co-ords to program into the CDU, very nice touch.

Have you thought about adding a ground JTAC to the mission also at each new target area to really get you working?

Just been flying for the past 4 hours+ with 2 VRA team mates.

Excellent mission, although the targets are buggers to find (except the runway one) lol.

I also love the JTAC giving co-ords to program into the CDU, very nice touch.

Have you thought about adding a ground JTAC to the mission also at each new target area to really get you working?

Thats a great idea! I could give the freq for him and activate him with each target. I to have a hard time finding some of the targets when its night. I might have to add this feature in, in the future

• Like 1

Myself and MP wingmates get no tasks being issued when running this mission with my server that's got Servman running on it (v3 or v3.0.1).

It caught my attention that this mission uses a script by 'Speed'? Does his Servman fix for Kashuri Cas, also fix this mission ?

cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, you will have to do some editing. Below is the link to the script. You will have to add it where I have the other version of the script in my mission. Unit list. Script. Trigger Actions. You will see a bunch of them. I think its the first one. Paste the new code over the old one.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1204921&postcount=23

Edited by mia389

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made a working version of this mission (as in, yes, working in 1.1.0.9) as part of the continued testing of this new mod I am working on. Here's the mission DO NOT EDIT IT IN THE MISSION EDITOR:

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=54827&d=1312610701

(Thanks Null for removing the labels!)

Drop this file into your Saved Games/DCS Warthog/Missions folder.

A SERVER-SIDE ONLY MOD MUST BE INSTALLED TO RUN THIS MISSION!!:

"slmodbeta2" (NOTE: This is an update of the previous mod that was required to run the Operation Saturn I updated for 1109- the previous, older version should still work, but I would advise that if you have it installed, to update to this newer version, as subsequent missions will NOT be compatible).

INSTALLATION:

Modman Package:

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=55303&stc=1&d=1313528591

OR

Manual installation instructions:

1) Download these two files:

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=55295&stc=1&d=1313524237

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=55296&stc=1&d=1313524237

2) Rename "server.lua" to "server_original.lua" in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\net (NOT C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts!!!!). Next, just drop these two files into that same directory, C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\net. You're done.

PLEASE REPORT TO ME ANY SUSPECTED BUGS YOU THINK MIGHT BE CAUSED BY SLMODBETA2! That's why I'm calling it a "beta". With 2700 lines of Lua (true, my code is pretty heavily commented and I often put blank lines to help readability, but still...), there could still be some issues I have failed to iron out.

NOTE: Not yet compatible with Servman. I will create Servman compatibility once I have completed the guides on how to use this mod- which yes, I have begun working on them.

Edited by Speed
  • Like 1

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Speed:

Excellent work. Thanks for your efforts. I hosted this mission on my server tonight and it ran just fine - the way it was before 1.1.0.9.

I was even able to remove the labels by adding back in the options file from the original V2 posting of this mission. It must have been something with your configuration. I've attached the corrected mission file to this post.

Op_Saturn_V2_1109.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Speed:

Excellent work. Thanks for your efforts. I hosted this mission on my server tonight and it ran just fine - the way it was before 1.1.0.9.

I was even able to remove the labels by adding back in the options file from the original V2 posting of this mission. It must have been something with your configuration. I've attached the corrected mission file to this post.

Thank you. To try to remove labels, I deleted the "options" file entirely. That didn't help anything. So I searched for "labels" in the "mission" file, and it was set to "labels = false". So yea.

And here I thought I had their options system all figured out.

But yea, the problem came about because I converted this mission to 1109 right after I had just installed 1109 from scratch and had not yet changed any of my options... so I guess labels are on by default or something.

Anyway, it would be quite easy for me to convert more missions over if anyone wants them. I'm still working on the new mod, and I won't take a break from adding features to make the guides on how to use it till at least I get a few more features I want in there. And now that c0ff showed me how to pass data solely through memory, I probably want to modify all my functions to utilize that method...

But converting missions over to the new mod doesn't take that long at all, about 20-40 minutes each, so if anyone would like any old missions converted over to the new mod and so that they work in 1109, just send me a PM.

There would actually have been very, very few changes necessary if ED had simply allowed the "print" function to exist in the new mission scripting environment. But since they didn't, you gotta kinda hack the mission files a little bit to get this stuff working, and that's what takes up 90% of that 20-40 minutes per mission.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

• 4 months later...