Simulation exaggerated if accidentally we go in the grass with the A10

Pegaso69

Sorry for my English I hope to explain well.

This post is related to the fact that we can not move if we go with the A10 (accidentally) in the grass or otherwise out of the taxi or runway.

I'm not a real pilot (unfortunately I've never flown a fighter or bomber), but I think the factor is bogged down in this simulation it's overly excessive to the point of having to leave the plane, take out and take another plane while RAMPSTART your friendlies pilot are already in flight.

I'm not saying that the plane could not be bogged down so it could move more from the grass (because I do not know what really happens in the real world when such a thing) but if the plane could no longer believe that the move GROUND CREW might get you out with the use of appropriate means.

I do not want to see the Ground Crew and hooking your plane (this is not the point I do not care to see the Ground Crew) but I want a button to be able to withdraw from this state of immobility.

I hope that I explained my intended as constructive criticism and to finish

Eagle Dynamics DCS thanks, the A10 it's a fantastic flight simulator.

Thanks

www.69squadrone.it

GigaByte X58A-UD7 rev 2.0 -- Intel i7 950 3.06 Ghz (OC 3.20) -- Geforce GTX 750Ti -- DDR3 Corsair 2000 mhz 12 GB -- HD SSD Crucial 1Tb --

HD WD raptor SATA2 150 GB x 10000 rpm -- Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W -- Windows 7 Professional 64bit --

Hotas Cougar n° 01909 -- Hotas Warthog n° 08070 -- Console MFD self made with X-key -- Monitor DELL 24 Inch

please... please... please... let next DCS module be a F18 :worthy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even my small little 3,000 pound plane doesn't do very well in the mud. So I don't think I am too far off in saying that a fully loaded combat aircraft will get fairly badly stuck. I do agree however, that there should be a way to unstick yourself, perhaps a tractor or some such. Maybe you can call your crew chief over and have him push your plane out from the side of the taxiway(because crew chiefs have to do everything of course).

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I think even if you were pulled out of the grass, you would probably have to have the plane checked over in case you had strained the undercarriage or something. You would probably have to go and see your CO as well! Some of the taxiways are quite narrow so it is tricky sometimes. Its best to keep your head up and watch where your going, even if there are a hundred things to do in the cockpit before you arrive at the runway. I have learnt that lesson for the last time now!

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

I think even if you were pulled out of the grass, you would probably have to have the plane checked over in case you had strained the undercarriage or something. You would probably have to go and see your CO as well! Some of the taxiways are quite narrow so it is tricky sometimes. Its best to keep your head up and watch where your going, even if there are a hundred things to do in the cockpit before you arrive at the runway. I have learnt that lesson for the last time now!

Correct! I ran into a F-15 while checking my instruments! My bad!

But, along with the un-stuck thing, I really think we should get a command to start engines automatically, like is BS. My small brain just can't handle it :).

you have something that could be up to 23000kg MTW (that’s the same weight as ~13 Land Rover Defender 90 4x4) sat on 3 tyres which are very small (diameter and width) for the relative weight vs. on & off road vehicles, or to put it another way it would need to be the height of summer and have been dry for >3 weeks after the last rain before you would even think about crossing some good hard sun baked ground which would be a couple of weeks after you would have been able to cross the same ground with a normal fully loaded 44000kg road lorry.

Also de-bogging a stuck multi million $£€ aircraft is not just a case of connecting a KERR or towing chain/bar between it and a big 4x4/6x6/8x8 lorry as you would for a lorry or other machine as you would rip the landing gear off or do other damage trying to pull it out, normally you would have to jack an aircraft up and place some PSP or other temporary roadway under the wheels so it can be pulled off with the minimum of effort and damage.

I really think we should get a command to start engines automatically, like is BS. My small brain just can't handle it :).

Right Windows Logo Key + Home.

If your keyboard doesn't have a right Windows logo key (like mine), you'll need to remap it. I used LCtrl+A. It's listed in the controls config screen as "Start Procedure" in the 'Cheat' category. There's also a "Stop Procedure".

Note that part of the startup procedure is waiting for the INS to fully align; wait until it reaches T=4.0 and the startup script switches to NAV mode and does some other tasks before you go thinking it's finished.

Also the auto-start doesn't currently arm the ejection seat, so if you'd like to be able to eject you'll need to arm it manually. There is a caution light for it to remind you.

you have something that could be up to 23000kg MTW (that’s the same weight as ~13 Land Rover Defender 90 4x4) sat on 3 tyres which are very small (diameter and width) for the relative weight vs. on & off road vehicles, or to put it another way it would need to be the height of summer and have been dry for >3 weeks after the last rain before you would even think about crossing some good hard sun baked ground which would be a couple of weeks after you would have been able to cross the same ground with a normal fully loaded 44000kg road lorry.

Uh, at the same time, this is like the 'airplane on a conveyor belt' myth - a car gets stuck because the force of movement is sent to the wheels - if the wheels spin, you go nowhere. An airplane forces against the air itself. An airplane in the grass should only get stuck if the landing gears are completely buried.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My experience is if you keep your momentum you can taxi on the grass/unpaved surfaces. But, as you slow down, eventually you get stuck as your wheels sink in. At normal taxi speeds, you'll get stuck straight away.

I think they (ED) did a great job modeling this aspect. I would be disappointed if I could just taxi anywhere I pleased. At the same time, I'd not like it if my landing gear snapped off as soon as I touched unpaved surfaces.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intel i7-8700K @4.9Ghz | 32Gb memory DDR4 | Evga GTX 1080ti | Saitek Eclipse keyboard |

Logitech Mx518 | CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedales | TIr5 | Win10 x64

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

An airplane in the grass should only get stuck if the landing gears are completely buried.

Not true. You err in that you assume that grass is solid. At the pressure that the A-10 exerts onto the ground, it is not. So for every way travelled, the A-10 has to overcome the work of compressing the ground underneath it, which can be significant. It is like continually trying to drive over a chock.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Even my small little 3,000 pound plane doesn't do very well in the mud. So I don't think I am too far off in saying that a fully loaded combat aircraft will get fairly badly stuck. I do agree however, that there should be a way to unstick yourself, perhaps a tractor or some such. Maybe you can call your crew chief over and have him push your plane out from the side of the taxiway(because crew chiefs have to do everything of course).

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Its best to keep your head up and watch where your going, even if there are a hundred things to do in the cockpit before you arrive at the runway.

Yes! I teach my students that the only activity they're allowed to do while taxiing the airplane is... taxiing the airplane! All that other stuff (tuning radios, setting courses, checking instruments) can be done once you come to a stop before the runway.

Just like driving a car. You wouldn't want to be texting or reading a book while you're driving down the road, would you? ;)

--NoJoe