Using the HSI/TACAN for traffic pattern -- Tutorial

BBQ

Nice BBQ.

I'm sure you were probably referring to my own SOP 3 video - Pattern circuit when you talked about '9' on the heading tape. Remember that in that particular video it was 'without' reference to any dials other than the Heading Tape and visual reference to the airfield and is nothing other than an SOP of ours. Other people can take from it what they will.

Nice vid again, and don't worry bout the wind, sounded good.

Regards

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Nice BBQ.

I'm sure you were probably referring to my own SOP 3 video - Pattern circuit when you talked about '9' on the heading tape. Remember that in that particular video it was 'without' reference to any dials other than the Heading Tape and visual reference to the airfield and is nothing other than an SOP of ours. Other people can take from it what they will.

Nice vid again, and don't worry bout the wind, sounded good.

Regards

'T'

Tyger--yes, I wanted to take out that comment about counting--as your SOP is totally legit, especially for VFR.

Thank you. This was very helpful. I've been trying to figure out landing patterns and TACAN's role and the manual just wasn't making sense to me. But now that I've watched this, it all makes perfect sense and I have a much better understanding of how the HSI and TACAN work together.

My only concept of using the HSI was in Lockon, which I now realize was completely dumbed down. I had no concept that the HSI didn't auto update or align itself when I switched from wp mode to landing mode using the tilde key. And I just now realize it was because this is how the HSI and TACAN actually work as opposed to the simplified version in Lockon.

Thanks again, this really cleared up a lot more then just landing pattern for me.

Good vid :)

When you start to understand this system then you can play around with lesser sharp turns(in case for a formation landing :))

And the airport charts starts to make more sense :)

In combat use this for lining up on a columns :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]