DCS A-10C - more dense grass

Use this mod if you would like to have more dense grass/bushes. Files can be used for DCS A-10C v1.1.1.1 and DCS BS2 v1.1.1.1 only.

Note:

This mod does impact performance in negative way, affecting video card mainly, so you will need higher end video card to render more denser grass and at further distance (I currently use HD5870 with 1GB vRAM)

Few screenshots

These are mine in-game options

EDIT: version 1.2.6 Slider limits are in file

...DCS World/MissionEditor/Modules/dialogs/me_options_system.dlg - look section starting at line 501

edit "range" values (Min and Max)

attachment.php?attachmentid=60826&d=1325481991

Files (A)

attachment.php?attachmentid=60827&d=1325482178

Files (B)

attachment.php?attachmentid=60828&d=1325482178

Files ©

attachment.php?attachmentid=60829&d=1325482178

Screen_Options.jpg.63d7a698cf1eb68d5e07013ea4a07bf4.jpg

Screen_A.thumb.jpg.42c3137fe2eecbabeed857286bef44a4.jpg

Screen_B.thumb.jpg.17a05171e4432a751edf7b8bdab0b2d8.jpg

Screen_C.thumb.jpg.72fb64ab06b98f9063eeb64f328eea90.jpg

Edited by Kuky
  • Like 10

No longer active in DCS...

Very cool Kuky, always wanted to know how to do this, great discovery :thumbup:

edit: this tweak, plus the visibility modifications we've discovered over the past few days, has transformed the way this sim looks :)

screen110409153642.jpg

screen110409153935.jpg

Edited by Mustang

hm... I just found out I am maxing out my video card (HD5870) pretty much during the whole mission... I think I might have overdone on the increased visibility distance and now grass density and need to step back a notch :D

Edited by Kuky
I can't type/spell :D

now I would love to know if we can adjust power lines draw distance as I find they too disapear too early, the power pole at least should be visible few km further out

• Like 1

Really nice effect!

If grass were more optimized it would be really nice thick fauna.

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

That's the first thing I tried ~ 5fps :( Not unexpected though.

Nate

which mission are you trying to run? I find this extra bushes does not decrease my fps a lot, only in missions like Hideout where there are lot of units on the base to the left of the hangar you spawn in, does the fps drop to bellow 20 but this is due to lot of 3D models and I think it hits the CPU... hm.. maybe the GPU also due to lot of polygons... anyway in any part of the map when I fly alone I get 30-40 easy even on the ground

Wow Kuky, that looks really nice! Need to try that!

Would you mind to share information about the visibility modifications, mentioned by Mustang, in this thread?

Or is there a dedicated thread somewhere?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Would you mind to share information about the visibility modifications, mentioned by Mustang, in this thread?

Or is there a dedicated thread somewhere?

That thread is in the same section: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71639

and here's another thread on the same thing: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71383

• Like 1

Looks great dude!

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

TY for the links Kuky!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Load Times Impacted??

I made the changes Kuky proposed. After I relaunch the game, I get to the main menu with no problem, but when I try to launch a mission or even just go to the mission editor, the load screen just sits there staring at me. After 10+ minutes, I just had the kill the process.

I tried this twice, reloading the old lua files, then modifying them again and I get the same result.

Just curious if others are seeing this, and whether this might be a one-time hurdle to get over after which time the game might begin to load normally.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

CPU:i7920 @2.67GHz overclocked to 3.25Ghz

Video:ATI HD5780 Single Monitor

Ram:8 GB DDR3

Equipment:TrackIR4, Buttkicker2Gamer,CH ProFlight Pedals, Saitek X65 Controller

I made the changes Kuky proposed. After I relaunch the game, I get to the main menu with no problem, but when I try to launch a mission or even just go to the mission editor, the load screen just sits there staring at me. After 10+ minutes, I just had the kill the process.

I tried this twice, reloading the old lua files, then modifying them again and I get the same result.

Just curious if others are seeing this, and whether this might be a one-time hurdle to get over after which time the game might begin to load normally.

Thanks

you must be making a mistake when modifying the file. How about copy/paste your edited file here so we can have a look?

Thanks Kuky for all your work :D this and the distance mod make the game look effin sexy!

"In victory you deserve champagne, in defeat you need it"

- Winston Churchill

3700X | X570 Aorus Elite | GTX 1070 | 32GB 3200 (3600)mhz Corsair | XFX 850W PSU | Lian Li Lan Cool 2 | Tir5 + TCP, VIVE Cosmos Elite | TMWH #08677 | Saitek Combat Pedals

Thanks

I'm having the exact same problem

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

I'm having the exact same problem

ok, which files are you editing... the one for the grass or for the districts visibility distance? I am pretty sure you must have missed a semi column somewhere or something like that... also silly question as most know this but checking anyway, did you use regular notepad to edit or notepad++?