Cib's guide to adding JTAC

Hi,

I had some nice feedback after posting my explanation of adding jtac's to missions, so now I feel I should make a guide like Warrior X fantastic series.

Now I am not the worlds greatest expert but I do hope this will be of use to some people.

Any comments or additions feel free to post and also any mistakes I have made:)

Cib’s guide to adding Jtac to generated missions.pdf

• Like 3

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

I´ve added that usefull guide to the tutorial List

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I got it working. Try it. I just deleted and added it again to be sure, set "invisible" in 2nd command. He's giving me all the targets.

JTAC TEST.miz

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Hi,

I got it working. Try it. I just deleted and added it again to be sure, set "invisible" in 2nd command. He's giving me all the targets.

Hi Madone, it works now! That's great! But I am confused, what exactly did I do wrong? In my mind it should have still worked even if he wasn't invisible, no?

Thanks again.

It will work invisible or not, if not, the chance for your TACP to be killed increase ofc. Just that. You have to set in order your commands, the 0 is the highest priority. Imagine your JTAC IRL :

-he finds a spot (you place it on map)

-sets his camouflage and stay hide(you set him invisible)

-he announces his callsign and its frequency (IRL at a JTAC commander)

-he spots the targets that you assign and yells at the radio :)

Also I think nothing as to interfere between the communication commands, try to set the status of the unit before everything else, e.g immortal, invisible, anyway you want him to be invisible before doing its job so...

Hope this helps! Have fun!!:thumbup:

PS : you're very welcome :)

Edited by Madone
Mistakes! damnit!

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

• 3 years later...
Hi,

just curious

you gave him the callsign finger and a frequency of 131 after that u made fac attack group with callsign axeman and frequency 133 so i guess the other two positions in the advanced wp options are obsolete.

i want him to IR laze for a mission im making for the gazelle - no luck so far. he only wants to tell me some coordinates i cant use in the nadir. anyone knows how to?