Take On Helicopter - New game by Bohemia Interactive

Eight Ball

It's going to be a 10Gb download! Fuuuuuur petes sake.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like you can go send Bohemia a E-mail if you know alot about helicopters or if you are a helicopter pilot. They asked for some testers lately.. but cant remember the post anymore.

I already have it on my PC its quite an improvement over OAs FM.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Oh wow. I'm just amazed they got that much view distance out of something based on the ARMA engine.

Realistic Sim Copter... can't wait.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I just can't get over how the Bell 412 doesn't LOOK like a Bell 412. It's like squished or something. Hurts my eyes.

make sure your 3d resolution is the same as your GUI resolution in the options menu. by default it is not.

squished :music_whistling: looks bloody marvellous from where i`m sitting, and i too know what a Bell looks like :smilewink:

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

seems very interesting... piloting on shitty situation without weapon ?

i guess it will improve a lot of people BS capacity. At least mine will

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

seems very interesting... piloting on shitty situation without weapon ?

(...)

Without weapons ?

tkoh_screenshot_14.jpg?9d7bd4

So this black and green thing on the side of the chopper, what is it ? A candy dispenser ?

:D

Also, A Beta is (will be) available for those who have pre-ordered the game,

Some features :

Helicopters

• The light and medium civil helicopter classes are included, enabling a wide range of gameplay possibilities.
  • Try your hand at sling-loading, fast-roping, Forward-Looking Infra-Red, low-level flight, and much more besides!

3.jpg?9d7bd4

Environment

• A big chunk of our Seattle environment – including Downtown and the Space Needle – forms part of the Pre-Order Beta.
  • Players can explore their own heliport, and take to the skies above ~30x30km of Seattle – at any time of day, and in any kind of weather!

TKOH_Pre-Order_1280x800_Seattle-1024x640.jpg?9d7bd4

Free Flight

• Pick a chopper, and go! This easy-access mode gives players looking to get straight into the cockpit the chance to do just that.
  • Choose from a selection of helicopters included in the Pre-Order Beta, and you’ll be placed in our Seattle terrain, all set to go!

Single Missions

• The Best Laid Plans – Play a scenario plucked straight out of the middle of our career mode, and learn a little more about Larkin Aviation, and the kind of contracts they’re having to take on to keep their business afloat.
  • Sling your Hook – Shift construction materials above Seattle by sling-line, all procedurally generated, so the mission is different each time you fly!

Multiplayer

• One of our multiplayer scenarios plus the freedom to create your own mission to play with – or against – your friends!

Editor

• Our powerful editor is included, where you can create your own scenarios, from simple checkpoint flights, to wherever your skills can take you!

TKOH_Pre-Order_1280x800_5-1024x640.jpg?9d7bd4

More info

:)

Edited by Eight Ball

Very interesting! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

Without weapons ?

tkoh_screenshot_14.jpg?9d7bd4

So this black and green thing on the side of the chopper, what is it ? A candy dispenser ?

:)

Fishing device ! :music_whistling:

Didn t knew we had weapon... nobody said we are piloting this one or the weapon is enabled. :)

Well well see.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

takeon_animations_fast2_4.jpg

takeon_animations_fast1_4.jpg

takeon_animations_step1_4.jpg

takeon_animations_sock_4.jpg

Throughout our development, we've talked about trying to deliver the 'experience' of helicopters; of course, that's a great disposable marketing statement, but it's also meant a lot for almost all aspects of our development - including animations.

While Take On Helicopters is - at its heart - a game about flying, the more tightly focused nature of our project has enabled us to achieve some satisfying improvements in our character and vehicle animations, as compared to what we've done in the past.

Seemingly simple activities - getting in and out of a vehicle; getting 'hands on' with the controls; changing the pitch of a rotor blade - have posed big problems for our projects, most often due to the nature and scale of our games. The new animations and new supporting systems implemented for Take On have helped to create a sense of 'physicality' that simply hasn't been apparent in our previous titles.

The Long List

For Take On's animations, we decided to create a long list, prioritised by the must have, should have, and the awesome-but-unlikely-to-have, given what happened to the horse last time (we're just kidding, the horse was actually very professional). Animations were also divided up into those taking place inside a helicopter (such as using a video camera) and those taking place outside (such as inspecting a tail rotor). Within each category we identified those which are very specific (such as a complicated 'get in' animation') and those which are more generic, like signalling to a helicopter in the air.

The Balance

Because our game takes place both within and outside of the cockpit, we need a decent range of moves to provide a good degree of interactivity and feeling of connection with our simulated world. It was important to do this basic analysis, because we consider it essential to get a good balance of animation work. There's also simply not enough time or resources to do absolutely everything that we'd like to, so we've focused upon expressing a variety of the things that you or others might physically do in and around helicopters (no sniggering at the back, there).

The Capturing

Bohemia Interactive utilises three optical motion capture systems, including high-end Raptor-4 cameras from Motion Analysis Corp. Most game animations were produced with these. Only animals are hand animated completely so far and are being re-animated for future projects. The process of capturing itself is handled by our veteran Lead Engineer, Štěpán Kment, who's been involved in almost all of our projects, and is the go-to guy for everything from animation work to setting up photoshoots. He actually performed all the specific moves himself to simplify the work in post production, as you can see in our behind the scenes photos.

The Supporting Systems

Although not strictly related to animation, the implementation of Inverse Kinematics is something that we've been really happy to introduce with Take On. The technology enables us to put a pilot in the cockpit, and reflect adjustments to control inputs (such as pedals or cyclic movement) in the movements by the character model. It's an obvious, yet technically challenging improvement, which has done a lot for the overall sense of immersion when flying the helicopter.

We hope you'll enjoy the animations passengers of the light helicopter can perform – they can point to landmarks, videotape whales, scream in fear, be bored, jig about to the music in their headphones and more! Some are designed to be generic, triggering in any mission depending on how you fly; others are more specific - such as recording footage of whale activity - where the animation helps to visualise the direction in which you helicopter should point.

Looks nice.

I also see they payed special attention to the animations, i'd rather they spend the time they did on making it look right to exit the helo and devote it to something that matters, the FD!

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc