Take On Helicopter - New game by Bohemia Interactive

Eight Ball

Originally Posted by Dwarden (BI Dev)

Take on Helicopters is the brand new helicopter game from Bohemia Interactive.

Set above beautifully rich landscapes, it challenges players to master an authentic flight model, immersing the player in the role of a civilian helicopter pilot.

Take your first steps towards mastering rotor-wing flight across a massive range of enjoyable challenges, or create your own missions using the powerful easy-to-use mission editor.

Taketo the air above two beautifully rich and expansive environments, based upon real-world North American and South Asian terrain-data.

Takeon cutting-edge technology, helicopters modelled in stunning detail, a large-scale, open-world sandbox and authentic flight dynamics...

Take On Helicopters!

Storyline:

Harry Larkin's aviation business has fallen on tough times. Built up over decades, it's now only days away from closure.

His sons face an uncertain future, struggling to save the company their father spent his whole life building.

Together, they must take on contracts and competitors; together, they take on helicopters!

Key features:

• Total Helicopter Experience - Both in the air & on the ground.
  • Authentic Flight Model - Incredibly realistic piloting experience.
  • Expansive Rich Environments - Two enormous terrains based upon real-world North American and South Asian data.
  • Range of Modern Helicopters - A variety of light, medium & heavy airframes & cockpits modelled with stunning detail.
  • Sandbox Single-Player Campaign - Offering a huge range of engaging helicopter gameplay.
  • Multiplayer Gameplay - Both cooperative & competitive scenarios available over LAN or internet; sling-load & winching physics.
  • Powerful Mission Editor - Design & create countless customisable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
  • Detailed Weather Simulation - Dynamic time & weather affects flight model.
  • Completely extensible & moddable - Bring your own creations to life with advanced free-to-use tools.
  • Damage & Resource management - Accurate fuel & electrics simulation.
  • Detailed tutorials & carefully designed gameplay - Caters for new players & enthusiasts alike.

Official websites:

Social:

Release coverage:

1st exclusive interview:

More media coverage: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=116870

All the footage in the trailer is captured directly from an early (work-in-progress) build of the game.
TakeOnHelicopters_Announcement4.jpg

TakeOnHelicopters_Announcement3.jpg

TakeOnHelicopters_Announcement1.jpg

TakeOnHelicopters_Announcement2.jpg

TakeOnHelicopters_wallpaper_04_1680x1050.jpg

EDIT : damn it's Take On Helicopters

Edited by Eight Ball

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High fidelity flight dynamics model.

Richly modelled helicopters & cockpits.

Expansive & detailed environments.

Powerful & intuitive mission editor.

Multiplayer - co-op & competitive scenarios

From the official website. Since it's clearly focusing on helicopter I think it's safe to assume they've reworked their physics engine

Also, from a BI dev :

This project is certainly closer to the arma engine and family than other ongoing developments(...)

this doesn't mean it will based on the ArmA engines, it's a whole new game.

Edited by Eight Ball

I guess Bohemia is on the way to fill all of the vehicles appearing in arma with realism. At first the often criticized heli flight model. After that a civil tank simulator and so on ... until they publish THE SIM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

seems like we are gunna get spoiled with new flight sims this year, dcs a10, cliffs of dover, jet thunder, now this.

If things continue the same as the last two recent releases, the other two I named will be buggy and not worth playing for 6 months after release no doubt ?

But atleast new flight sims are coming our way which is the main thing.

I had the same thought but wasn´t fearless enough to post it :D

One more here thinking the same. I remember the fun I had with SimCopter and it's megaphone. :P

Sh%$y I'm getting old...

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

an interview with a BI developer :

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/31/exclusive-interview-bohemia-interactive-talks-take-on-helicopters/

TOH_model_lowres-590x368.png

toh_TakeOnHelicopters_Announcement5-590x368.png

A few interesting quotes :

What I would say right now, is that you can still land, get out your chopper and take a stroll around. In fact, some of our scenarios demand it!

Take On is certainly a civil-oriented game, but–given our experience with military-based gameplay–we can’t help it if a few scenarios sneak in around the side! It’s a little early to talk about specifics, but I can confirm that Take On Helicopters exists within the context and operates within the rules of the Armaverse–and we all know that a war or two broke out.

The stars of the show are definitely three core families of helicopter, within which multiple variants exist. All helicopters are brand new content, not seen in our previous titles
picture in picture, increased view- and draw-distance, interactive cockpits, sling loads
After reading this I can't help myself thinking it will be somthing along the lines of Simcopter, with a pinch of SAR :)
Edited by Eight Ball

Helicopter models looks weird. At least Merlin and 412. Hope they turn that into some beautiful representations of the real things.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Take On Helicopters will offer:

High fidelity flight dynamics model.

Richly modelled helicopters & cockpits.

Expansive & detailed environments.

Powerful & intuitive mission editor.

Multiplayer - co-op & competitive scenarios.

I like the sound of all of those as I am somewhat into helicopters myself. Though I'll see how this turns out to be and how interesting it will be given that it is a civil-oriented game.

I'm very interested but this......

Expect fidelity, but not full-on, switch-flipping, hardcore simulation along the lines of DCS.

Kind of a bummer. Ohh well if the physics are good I'll be happy. Definitely getting this one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4