Pit build from K6-E

pcalvert

Basically with the release of 1.1.1.0, there is another way of doing the job, however the way I showed you, from 1.1.0.9 will still work.

There seems to be no downside to doing it the old way, but someone who understands the coding better than I may chime in!

476th vFG Alumni

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday at last I can try and get this thing working! Ragtop/ Airdog, I tried both ways and nothing worked. Ragtop - I downloaded the file through your link and modified my multimonitor file (I guessed the co-ords) and nothing... I did notice the RWR on the virtual cockpit was working. When I checked the downloaded file for the RWR I could see no reference to 'RWR_SCREEN' .. so I tried Airdogs method and added the code... still nothing happened... but I noticed the RWR in the virtual cockpit was not working either... Below is my origiinal multimonitor file for exporting my MFCD's which works....

name = _('blah');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77777777;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 312;

y = 1160;

width = 420;

height = 420;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1185;

y = 1160;

width = 420;

height = 420;

}

and the modified one.....

= function(p) return p; end;

name = _('blah');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77777777;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 312;

y = 1160;

width = 420;

height = 420;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1185;

y = 1160;

width = 420;

height = 420;

}

RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = 600;

y = 550;

width = 170;

height = 170;

}

Here is the modified AN_ALR69V file...

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL}

try_find_assigned_viewport{"RWR_SCREEN"}

----------------------

rwr_symbols_bound = 0.027 -- coeff to limit indication on RWR when symbol can't be place on RWR entirely

-------PAGE IDs-------

id_Page =

{

PAGE_OFF = 0,

PAGE_MAIN = 1,

PAGE_BIT = 2

}

id_pagesubset =

{

COMMON = 0,

MAIN = 1,

BIT = 2,

}

page_subsets = {}

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.COMMON] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."AN_ALR69V/Indicator/AN_ALR69V_COMMON_page.lua"

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.MAIN] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."AN_ALR69V/Indicator/AN_ALR69V_MAIN_page.lua"

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.BIT] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."AN_ALR69V/Indicator/AN_ALR69V_BIT_page.lua"

----------------------

pages = {}

pages[id_Page.PAGE_OFF] = {}

pages[id_Page.PAGE_MAIN] = {id_pagesubset.COMMON, id_pagesubset.MAIN}

pages[id_Page.PAGE_BIT] = {id_pagesubset.COMMON, id_pagesubset.BIT}

init_pageID = id_Page.PAGE_OFF

use_parser = false

--- master modes

A10C_ALR69V_OFF = 0

A10C_ALR69V_MAIN = 1

A10C_ALR69V_BIT = 2

------------------------------------

pages_by_mode = {}

clear_mode_table(pages_by_mode, 2, 0, 0)

function get_page_by_mode(master,L2,L3,L4)

return get_page_by_mode_global(pages_by_mode,init_pageID,master,L2,L3,L4)

end

pages_by_mode[A10C_ALR69V_OFF][0][0][0] = id_Page.PAGE_OFF

pages_by_mode[A10C_ALR69V_MAIN][0][0][0] = id_Page.PAGE_MAIN

pages_by_mode[A10C_ALR69V_BIT][0][0][0] = id_Page.PAGE_BIT

I added the code in the top few lines...

What do you think?

Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920 @3.8Gh, 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600hz, Msi GTX 470 Twin Frozr, Corsair 850w Mod PSU, TIR 5, HOTAS WH

Hmm, your AN ALR file looks a little different to mine! I'll upload mine, let me know if it works!

Also your positioning in the monitor config is a little odd, I'd place it at a value which is beyond that of your first display, imagine the values counting X (Right) and Y (Down) from the top left corner of your topmost, and left most monitor.

With your resolution of 1920x1080, your position of X 680 and Y 550 would place it on your primary screen. Assuming the screen you want the RWR on is directly below this, try something like X 500 Y 1200. This would place the RWR screen 600px from the top of your lower screen, and 550 from the Left.

AN_ALR69V_init.lua

476th vFG Alumni

My total screen area is 1920x1980... I want to place my RWR in-between my MFCD's.. I'll try what you said and your file.

Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920 @3.8Gh, 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600hz, Msi GTX 470 Twin Frozr, Corsair 850w Mod PSU, TIR 5, HOTAS WH

Correct me if I am wrong, but from the photo's of your pit, you use two displays, one for your world view, and one in the cockpit which displays the gauges and MFCD's?

What is the resolution of the screen you use for world display? (Outside the cockpit)

This needs to be taken into account aswell, tell me the resolution and I'll give you some specific numbers to input.

476th vFG Alumni

OKay - I tried your file and co-ord...nothing- and the RWR wasn't working in the virtual cockpit. Just to test _ i replaced the original RWR file and nothing on my 2nd monitor but it was working in the virtual cockpit..... any thoughts, because I don't have a clue!

Ok thats great, your monitor layout is exactly the same as mine!

SO.

Your monitor file is great, but try the position coords of X:900 Y:1180

The file I uploaded, make sure it is in the directory *install*/Scripts/Aircrafts/A-10C/Cockpit/AN ALR69V/Indicator. It should replace the original AN_ALR69V_init.lua file.

Once this is done, go to the game and the options page. Set your game resolution to 1920x1980. Let the Aspect complete itself.

Make sure fullscreen is turned off! I think I may have forgotten to mention this, if I did, I cannot apologise enough for any undue stress, but it is vital!

Edited by Ragtop

476th vFG Alumni

No thats fine... I did what you said... it is in the correct directory... all the other stuff I've done because my MFCD's still work... just the RWR doesn't... I will try your new coords!

No worries - I'm using the river raid mission to test it. I know it's on because I can see it working when I switch to cockpit view on my main screen. When I replace the original AN_ALR69V file with yours it stops working on cockpit view and I get nothing on my second monitor. It's weird because my MFCD's still work in cockpit view and on my second monitor.

Really odd. Its normal that the in cockpit RWR would stop displaying, this is an FPS saving feature. It can be stopped by changing something to do with the "render purpose" lines in the Init file, but honestly I'm not sure what.

But of course thats something to tackle after we get it working!

I don't know if this will make it work or not, but I didn't see it in your monitor config file.

At the very end, add

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

476th vFG Alumni

Ah. I had no idea you were on 1.1.0.8. I've never explored this on 1.1.0.8 because I only built my pit after 0.9

Chances are this is why it is not working, because I know there were some changes in the code.

If you are using 0.8 then I believe Icemakers Easy Monitor Configurator will be fine, but be aware this will break the 1.1.0.9 install, so you'll have to use the method we've been using in this thread in any builds after 0.8

Can I ask why you've not updated?

EDIT: Reading back now you did say earlier, forgive my ignorance.

FWIW, I recommend you back up the Init file, and your monitor config, do a total uninstall of 1.1.0.8, a full install of 1.1.1.0 and put the files into place. This was my method and it worked perfectly.

Edited by Ragtop

476th vFG Alumni

Yeah - I guessed.

I've got a mate of mine coming over for dinner tomorrow. He is a gliding instructor at my club. He hasn't seen the build since I cut the cockpit off the K6-E last year.. So I'm going to see what he thinks.. lol. I'm going to start getting all my files together on Sunday - so I can install Win 7 and 1110. I'll test it out when I've done that and post back the results... Strange really - I'll kind of miss all the building work. I think I can still add a lot of extra switches and output (AOA indicator etc) - but I'll fly the A10 first and see what is going to be most useful. I'll post some pics tonight (because I fixed the lights).. Thanks for your help anyway. BTW I don't think you've posted lately.. how is your build going?

Again, my apologies. I feel like I've dragged you through hell and back!

It's only when people comment on the progress you've made after seeing it in its early stages that you can really put the work you've done into perspective!

I'm actually going down to 1.1.0.9 at the minute, the frame rate hit outweighs the new features and fixes right now! However, the monitor process remains the same so don't let that affect your decision on which build to choose.

My pit has taken a rest for this month, unfortunately I needed a new graphics card for BF3, and that cost me a month of cockpit building funds! However it's only a week until payday, and then work will resume, AHCP and Fuel panel are on the cards, so I'll need another Leo Bodnar board!

I'll post an update as soon as I get back to work.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

476th vFG Alumni

RWR

No need! You haven't dragged me to hell and back... you have been a great help. I think you and I and everyine else on this pit building thread loves engineering and loves solving problems... you must admit, it does give you a buzz when you get something working! I'll hopefully have installed the new OS and A10 by next weekend.. I'll update then. I understand what you mean - it does cost to do this... but no rush lol :) I have both 1109 and 1110 downloaded s I'll try 10 first and if there is a major drop is FPS I'll try 0009.

nov1.thumb.jpg.0a0ff3208109d3a84ec946fd07775d16.jpg

nov2.thumb.jpg.2b02dfb8a2ca0936754e0ca377c0307c.jpg

nov3.thumb.jpg.d5b8ef7eb3d9cf827ed4885c2c7705a7.jpg

nov4.thumb.jpg.f90dcc6859fb72f42c5af9fd0f14a1d1.jpg

nov5.thumb.jpg.2aa9b372319585ab7fccd775b65af100.jpg

nov6.thumb.jpg.5cfe2de3744c6d61fa2cb04b5d2e5420.jpg

nov7.thumb.jpg.e6fac5f440e77d4800e66b2ee5211a29.jpg

Hi,

I just loaded Win 7 on my PC WH Hotas seems to work okay. I already updated the firmware when it was running on Vista. Does anyone know if I have to update the firmware again (I didn't think I had to but wasn't sure). Also - although I haven't got everything sorted yet i.e. Helios working. I had a quick test flight. It seemed okay most of the time but I did have a couple of times when it stuttered... Has anyone else had this with 1110?

Hey Ragtop/ Airdog... Loaded Win 7 and the RWR works.. awesome! Made a few adjustments and 1110 runs fine.. I tried several tests in different locations - under fire.. no problems with FPS or stutter. So will try and make a short film this coming weekend. Also thinking about adding switches for TGP, Guns etc - LED output for Missile launch warning, landing gear and AOA.. Probably won't be able to afford it until after Chrismas though :(

No problem - glad you like it. I had some trouble getting the N52 te to work under Win 7 - but sorted now, so I have configured that so far for snap views of the all the radios/ ILS and Tacan and also to control the AHCP which all work okay now. Trying to sort my video camera out so I can make a quick film this weekend!

• 3 months later...

Small update

I've been using my pit now since November and I'm still learning. Haven't done any more work on it yet - will probably leave that until the summer - However, I'm very pleased with how it worked out. I have taken a test movie - but don't know what to use to edit it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

608493426_inst1.thumb.jpg.b20d922250fc69c663f49509f2fc6ef0.jpg

939665256_inst2.thumb.jpg.af861226fde79da748f633a8c45e411a.jpg

92282979_inst3.thumb.jpg.3f53f8a2ab4fde1ececd12e34625e849.jpg