CONFIRMED: Next aircraft will be a fixed wing US FIGHTER!

kingneptune117

http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/8965/DCS__A-10C_Warthog_Review_-_PC.html

3) Any hints on what aircraft you guys are planning to simulate next?

A) The next DCS aircraft will be a fixed wing US fighter.

I'm sure we all assumed it was a fighter, but it is nice to have some confirmation.

My bet is that we are getting a Viper. What do you guys think?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this was confirmed already in an interview some weeks ago.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

F-15E would be amazing and given the prevalence of air-to-ground warfare as well as the various nods towards the Strike Eagle in the game files (ridiculously detailed model, AGM-130 files)... it can also serve in the air-attack role and can utilize much of the assets already present in-game.

F/A-18 wouldn't be bad I suppose, but I find the aircraft to be vomitous to look at, and it carries laughably light payloads. The only real reason to prefer the F/A-18 over the F-15E is carrier ops or you have a thing for the Navy. Generally speaking everything the F/A-18 can do, the F-15E can do better.

What's more, the F/A-18 has been done before, far more recently (In fact it's an FS:X addon) and far higher quality than the F-15E which was last done in 1998 so the quality of that one goes without speaking.

The F-15E also has better toys and would be way more fun to play with: ICMS TEWS suite, iDLPs, Sniper Pods, Nav Pods / TF radar, Recce pods, sniper pods... the most excitement you get out of the F/A-18 is the crappy old pod it has and it shares A/G radar mapping ability with the F-15E. I guess the downsides here is that much of the F-15s capability and toys are still highly classified and marked as NOFORN and would be a hell of a lot of work to implement the avionics of it. At the same time, I thought I heard that the F/A-18 has the same problem because the Navy is far more tight-lipped.

F-15E would also be way more at home on the Nellis map :)

Edited by Temphage

My Guess: F/A-18E

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

F-14 Tomcat er er the fixed wing type that i just made up. Nah i really hope it's the Viper but won't be disappointed with anything else. Just hope they make it to the high standards of the A-10. No backward steps and the cherry on top would be some type of dynamic campaign.

Edited by Mule

So many possible options:

F/A-22

F-15 C/E

F-16 C

F/A-18E

I could see the potential for the DOD to contract ED for a DTS for all of the above platforms. The next few months are going to be a wild ride of speculation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Since I live within constant earshot of the Green Mountain Boys here in Vermont, I'd certainly be partial to a new Viper sim.

I mean, F4 AF is excellent, but shows its age.

And really, it's hard to beat the F-16 for aesthetics. With the Viper and the Hog, DCS can boast about having the full range of fixed-wing attractiveness. :)

Itkovian

I guess F/A-18E or F-15C, but what do I know.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Nooooo!!!!

.... Now we start with the likely lottery ..... :helpsmilie:

:pilotfly:

:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

What's more, the F/A-18 has been done before, far more recently (In fact it's an FS:X addon)

Any combat jet for FSX is a sad joke. You cannot deploy it in a tactical environment. And the tacpack is an even sadder JOKE. JF18 is 10 years old and the grafix are hideous, especially the unreadable HUD.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

STOP the Lottery!....PLEASE.......

ED please! .....Reveal the mystery and put an end to this pain .....:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

... the most excitement you get out of the F/A-18 is the crappy old pod ...

And not to forget the really boring carrier landings... :lol:

As your're wishing the F-15E: Why not hoping for the EA-18G?

Perhaps as an "addon" to the stock F/A-18. That would be cool and I'm hoping for it - at least for the F/A-18.

I really would bet on that plane being the next one out of DCS' "Skunkworks". :thumbup: