Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Greb

Reputation power: 17
Greb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really niceGreb is just really nice
Default How to remove Saitek X52/X52 Pro Throttle Detents

Here is a small picture tutorial on how to remove the Throttle Detents on the Saitek X52/X52 Pro.

I found a thread on this but I thought I would post another with pics in case someone needed a visual in order to do it. This is very easy to do only requires a small Phillips screwdriver.

I have found this helps very much for refueling and just all around throttle movement.

Have Fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	x52detremov01.jpg
Views:	1898
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	47841   Click image for larger version

Name:	x52detremov02.jpg
Views:	2130
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	47843  

Last edited by Greb; 02-20-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Greb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
guitarxe

Reputation power: 2
guitarxe will become famous soon enoughguitarxe will become famous soon enoughguitarxe will become famous soon enoughguitarxe will become famous soon enough

Could someone assist with the X52 Throttle detent mod? I removed the lug and put the throttle back together (it was pretty hard to put it together, it seemed as if the throttle doesn't really fit well..)
but now instead of the two bumps at the bottom and top of the throttle that it had because of the lug, now there is a bump exactly at the center. It's not as bad as the original bumps, but it's still distracting.

Anyone run into this issue before?
guitarxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
Devrim

Reputation power: 19
Devrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of light

Please let me understand; There are two sets on %20 and %75 on throttle. Do you mean that by saying "detent"?

If so I plan to do that. If I do it, I'll tell it with detailed photos.

Intel Core i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair Veng. 8GB @1600MHz. | Asus nVidia GTX560 DCU II TOP GDDR5 1GB | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 | Corsair GS Force 128GB SSD
Samsung 20" SyncMaster 206BW & 18½" SyncMaster B1930 | Win7H.P.x64 | Saitek X52Pro & Rudder | Logitech G13 & Webcam | FaceTrackNoIR User. :]

MY MODS | MY CONTROLLER PROFILE
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
TimeKilla

Reputation power: 15
TimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of light

Am very tempted to do this as I mostly fly helicopters and the indent is mega annoying, but don't want to lose my warranty.
TimeKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
lanmancz

Reputation power: 4
lanmancz will become famous soon enoughlanmancz will become famous soon enoughlanmancz will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greb View Post
Here is a small picture tutorial on how to remove the Throttle Detents on the Saitek X52/X52 Pro.

I found a thread on this but I thought I would post another with pics in case someone needed a visual in order to do it. This is very easy to do only requires a small Phillips screwdriver.

I have found this helps very much for refueling and just all around throttle movement.

Have Fun!
Thanks a lot for this awesome tip! Works great. Got it done in 10 minutes - thanks to your how-to it was very easy, absolutely no harm done to the throttle and those annoying detents are gone so the throttle is nice and smooth all the way! Perfect! Thanks again.

edit : hmm, can't give you rep+ for some reason :-/

Last edited by lanmancz; 04-30-2014 at 07:15 PM.
lanmancz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #6
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 84
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanmancz View Post
edit : hmm, can't give you rep+ for some reason :-/
You can't rep an old post (over a few weeks old) and that post is over three years old.
ASUS P8P67Pro B3, i7-2600K@4.4GHz, Noctua U9 Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, 250GB & 500GB Samsung, 2TB WD Caviar Black, ASUS GTX780 3GB, Creative XFi PCI, Corsair AX850 Pro, Samsung 40H6350 TV, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, Cougar MFDs, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel (P-51), Helios, and a really nice chair!
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #7
lanmancz

lanmancz will become famous soon enoughlanmancz will become famous soon enoughlanmancz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
You can't rep an old post (over a few weeks old) and that post is over three years old.
Too bad, he deserves it! I'm very happy with my throttle now :-)

Last edited by lanmancz; 04-30-2014 at 07:35 PM.
lanmancz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #8
Devrim

Reputation power: 19
Devrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe you can rep me.

This is the same work (after Greb's thread) with more details: [X52Pro] Removing Throttle Detent (1280px Photos!)

Intel Core i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair Veng. 8GB @1600MHz. | Asus nVidia GTX560 DCU II TOP GDDR5 1GB | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 | Corsair GS Force 128GB SSD
Samsung 20" SyncMaster 206BW & 18½" SyncMaster B1930 | Win7H.P.x64 | Saitek X52Pro & Rudder | Logitech G13 & Webcam | FaceTrackNoIR User. :]

MY MODS | MY CONTROLLER PROFILE
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:54 AM   #9
txmtb

txmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the rough

I did mine the other way. I only removed the useless idle detent, so I still have the AB detent. It required disassembling the same parts but removing the notch on the throttle bottom and putting the spring block back in. Been a really great mod.

The downside is there is no reversal from this.

Win 8 64 Pro, MSI Z87 I5-4670K @4.6, Seidon 120M Water Cooler, Sapphire HD 7870 OC 1175x5200, 250 GB Samsung SSD, 2 TB HD Raid, 16Gb Corsair DDR3, X-52 Pro, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip
txmtb is offline   Reply With Quote