Ramp Start Check-list

DRAKO

Hi guys,

we of Vipersnest realized a couple of documents on Ramp-Start procedure.

One is in Italian but images are fully understandable

The check-list on the other hand, may be used by everyone

GO to www.vipersnest.it, navigate to Download page and look at the first two PDF's on the top (of the 'Documenti VsN' section)

This docs have been written in accordance to DCS A-10C Ramp Start practice mission (Beta 4) but as it all is a work in progress it may vary.

Report errors if there are

Hoping this may help someone else...

Thank you

:joystick:

• Like 4

Thanks Drako!

Always a great job :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

On the subject of ED changing the startup procedures- A suggestion:

Since the switches all seem to be in a default position (ready to go)- going on and on about fuel systems, nav systems, & radio switches that are apparently ALWAYS going to be in the correct position doesn't really seem necessary to me. I realize that in the real cockpit these are things that need to be checked everytime- but in this case- the plane is coming up in exactly the same state. Don't need 40 steps in the checklist about switches that are already going to be set.

Edited by S77th-konkussion

haha, thanks!

This is so useful. This definitely beats my hand-written startup procedure list that is absolutely incomprehensible from all of the chicken scratching speed writing.

hand written? you know there are pretty good and correct checklists in the manual to print out?

I just added some changes/personalpreferences or remarks to it, but basicly they're good to go

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB: DFI Lanparty UT P35-T2R

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3,6 GHz @ 1,328V

VGA: MSI GTX460 HAWK @ 850/1700/1000 MHz

MFCD: Eizo S2231 22" S-PVA

RAM: A-Data Vitesta 2 x 2048 MB @ 960 MHz

FLT EQPM: Saitek X-52 Pro, TrackIR 5

On the subject of ED changing the startup procedures- A suggestion:

Since the switches all seem to be in a default position (ready to go)- going on and on about fuel systems, nav systems, & radio switches that are apparently ALWAYS going to be in the correct position doesn't really seem necessary to me. I realize that in the real cockpit these are things that need to be checked everytime- but in this case- the plane is coming up in exactly the same state. Don't need 40 steps in the checklist about switches that are already going to be set.

When launching out an A-10 the only switches I set for the pilot are the boost pump switches (all 4), the AC Gen PWR switches (both) and certain items on the intercom panel.

Also, real world bleed air and main air are NEVER off, they are left in the on position when doing your BPO/PR inspection.

I would guess they have some sort of shutdown procedure too- don't need to have fuel and potential ignition sources mingling in a hangar. Just seems that since any potential randomness of the switches' state is not present in DCS- the checklist in its current form is seriously bloated.

I would guess they have some sort of shutdown procedure too- don't need to have fuel and potential ignition sources mingling in a hangar. Just seems that since any potential randomness of the switches' state is not present in DCS- the checklist in its current form is seriously bloated.

Both us (ground crew/crew chiefs) and the pilot has a checklist. We have fuel catchers that we have to use when shutting down both engines. I'm actually working with ED (Wags) about the ground crew procedures for launch, end-of-runway (arming), and recovery.

• Like 1

Does that mean we'll actually see and work with ground crew ingame someday?

that would be sooo cool!!!! including to start missions in the briefing room and WASD to your airplane and shaking hands with the chiefs

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB: DFI Lanparty UT P35-T2R

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3,6 GHz @ 1,328V

VGA: MSI GTX460 HAWK @ 850/1700/1000 MHz

MFCD: Eizo S2231 22" S-PVA

RAM: A-Data Vitesta 2 x 2048 MB @ 960 MHz

FLT EQPM: Saitek X-52 Pro, TrackIR 5

Nice. Thanks for what you do, by the way.

Agreed, +1 for your Service.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

There a error on "Avionic Systems Start-up" row. 21 and 22.

Right MFCD OSB 14(NAV) PUSH F18

and the next row. 22 JTRS F29

Kankkis

You are right

They are inverted

Thanks for the correction

Updated file uploaded now

Awesome checklist, thanks for the work, it is appreciated.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai, Kola, Afghanistan

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

we have updated documents on Ramp-Start procedure to 1.1.0.8 patch.

And we have also translated the Ramp Start document in English for you!

So now from our websitewww.vipersnest.it, navigate to Download page and have a look at the first NEW two PDF's on the top (of the 'Documenti VsN' section)

Below there is the Italian version of Ramp Doc as well.

They Are:

VsN A-10C DCS Ramp Start ENG (or ITA) (a step by step visual doc on Ramp)

&

VsN_DCS_A-10_Ramp_Start_Check-list (ahandy Check list for your kneeboard)

dpc-ramp-a-10c.gif

As always PLEASE report errors if there are

Any feedback is welcome

Enjoy

VsNrules.gif