Officially - Will A10 be Compatible with BS?

Lonecrow66

Inquiring minds want to know.

So like if we are in a semi-persistant online sandbox theatre going on, you could hypothetically go online as an A10 or with your BS?

It wouldn't be a fair fight I mean the black shark would be focused on armor and the A10 would just be few k up .. lock em up and shoot em down. Death from above.

They said later on they may release a compatibility patch etc. But still is it official they will support it or not?

I'm curious because I want to buy black shark while we wait for A10 so I have both if I choose I can fly online with either side.. it would be fun. If it isn't then I might as well just keep flying A10 for now.

• Like 1

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!

As stated in the FAQ it isnt certain yet but ED hope to make a compatability patch for BS.

The search function is your friend!

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

I'm pretty sure I saw some where that BS and A-10 will be compatible. When you fly online there will be A-10s and BS for both red and blue sides, thats how it was done in lockon.

The real question will be if we get the lockon aircraft compatible with A-10, the BS already is.

It would make online missions great if you could choose to fly the BS, A-10C, and various lockon jets all used in the specific role they were designed for.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Yeah but I'd like an update.. as would others... :)

Okey, an update on that:

We hope to be able to release a compatibility patch for DCS: Black Shark after release. This would give Black Shark all the features of A-10C, except the flyable A-10C.

As you can see, status remains unchanged. ;)

The real question will be if we get the lockon aircraft compatible with A-10, the BS already is.

And an update on that:

Compatibility with FC2 is unlikely.

As you can see, that also remains unchanged. ;)

Basically the case is like this: compatibility with DCS BS is "hope to and intend, but cannot completely guarantee", and compatibility with FC2 is "not likely to happen, but not 100% impossible".

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Take what you receive and don't expect to get more than what it is possible to have.

ED doesn't make promises, they make Simulators

• Like 5

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

I am optimistic on the A-10C-KA-50 patch. I do not think we will ever see a Lock-On patch. Two different companies altogether as far as I know.

When that A-10C/BS patch does arrive I can't even begin to realize how much fun this will be. I can only patiently wait.

ED doesn't make promises, they make Simulators

Piffy! I like that one. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I remember one of the devs jumped into a KA 50 and was flying around on a FC2 server BEFORE there was a compatibility patch...People thought he was hacking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Seems to me that the original idea was that anything wearing "DCS" would be modular and compatible with the others. It was the pairing of BS and FC2 that was not really expected.

Given that and Wags' post I'd say that's what they want and intend to do unless some major blockage or problem comes up..

It wouldn't be a fair fight I mean the black shark would be focused on armor and the A10 would just be few k up .. lock em up and shoot em down. Death from above.

It all depends on the missions created. For the most part I do not see team vs team (TvT) scenarios making up the majority of online missions. I think it will be pretty heavily divided between private co-ops and public co-ops. Furthermore the A-10C is likely to be MUCH more popular than the Ka-50 in the coming months.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Ideally I'd like both available to me when running the program, somehow, most of all within the editor.

I have no idea how and I say this without any real worry as I'll be happy when A10 is fully released and is standalone if necessary, just as I am about the potential of there being an update for BS with regards graphical features and other tweaks there might be and that being standalone aswell.

BIS did a good job with ARMA2 and OA. The Combined Operations feature of both being installed to the same target directory is a nice idea and one I'd have thought ED would try to implement. No idea how, obviously.

If anything I'd really like to be able to fly the shark within the A10 module's editor. I don't necessarily need there to be anything purely targeted towards what the BS module has within it, campaigns, missions and little images suggesting the BS is waiting there too, amidst all the shiny pictures of the Warthog, but it'd be nice to not have to quit the A10 module, go to options and choose the flight profile I want, so Black Shark along with the key configurations set up for the heli, and then go drop it in the editor and fly about for a bit. Or vice versa, not have to quit the BS module, if all I want to do is set the A10 up for a spin!! (literally! :)

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

They make simulators with a a lot of promise..

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

Rusty, you promised you wouldn't say that!!

In case we (most likely) receive a patch for DCS BS to be compatible with DCS A10, I will certainly keep two copies of DCS BS. One that is still compatible with FC2, and one compatible with DCS A10.

Still though, I just hope ED will not "split" the community and make a compatibility patch for FC2 aswell. My offer would be to keep FC2 compatible with new DCS series and just remove the FC2 aircraft (in this case A10) covered by the DCS module.

FC2 jets may not have the ultra realism of the DCS series, though still good enough to create a fair and immersive multiplayer combat environment.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Q: How will multiplayer compatibility be ensured between players with different DCS modules??

A: The base DCS simulation environment will be continually upgraded and improved with release of new modules. However, as each new DCS base version is released, all DCS users can upgrade to the same base version to ensure compatibility. The only difference between players would be the selection of what aircraft would be player-controllable versus AI-controlled according to which modules were purchased.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/

:music_whistling:

Ideally I'd like both available to me when running the program, somehow, most of all within the editor.

In FC2 you could place Ka-50's and assign them as "client" aircraft if you wanted. However in order to fly the Ka-50 you'd have to load up the mission in the Black Shark editor. Hopefully that was the case of FC2 and DCS being separate game IPs. It will be woefully bad design if launching DCS:BS or DCS:WH limits which aircraft you get to use if you have both products installed.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

What I'm really wondering is whether the KA-50 compatability patch will be free. I'm thinking that they SHOULD charge for it, I would assume that making it compatable will take at least a month of their time... but there are a few KA-50 components already in A-10C, so maybe they've already started the process and we don't know it.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Yes that's what I always believed would be the case. I'll be interested to see how ED does things from now on.

The second in the series is, I gather, a big step for the developers, not just because of the detailing of the simulation but how to keep this series integrated and compatible with one another, how to enable the option of flying each and every DCS module within the same program.

Hopefully the quicker we all get a DCS module that allows these things the sooner it'll be that we'll have 3, 4, 5 and more possible aircraft that we can choose to fly in the editor!! :)

I really would love the possibility of hosting a server so just me and a mate can play over the net, or a mate can bring his system over and we can LAN a setup. I don't know if it's been mentioned at all but would anyone have any info on whether this is possible? If it possible please explain what i'd need to do as I haven't learnt enough to even attempt online. Rarely have enough time at the moment but soon will have.

EDIT. Oh! Really is it as easy as just loading the multiplayer icon? Haha, I deleted my shortcuts and only just noticed that. So how would I be able to let a friend connect to me over the internet?

Edited by Bodo