Druid_'s Missions

Druid_

Op Talisker single player and multiplayer (up to 6) for A10c Final Release.

picture.php?albumid=475&pictureid=3175

I've included all you will need (e.g. Mission Data Card, route map, IP-TGT maps, SAtellite pics). Mission file also includes aircraft and wingman comms (created using sony Soundforge).

Op Talisker has 2 versions, SP is single player & MP6 is multiplayer for up to 6 clients (includes AAR and FACs). Can easily run with 2 to 6 Clients though as tasking is slightly different.

My main goals were:- fun to fly, realistic and immersive. Any constructive criticism or comments appreciated. Druid_

[see signature for other missions I've created.]

OP Talisker SP ver1.23.zip

OP Talisker MP6 ver1.2.zip

Edited by Druid_
Added MP6 ver 1.0
  • Like 3

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

very nice one !

i had fun until i "Mk82ed" myself at first target :joystick:

really awesome routeplanning !!:pilotfly:

btw am i allowed to modify it for a 2 ship flight ? :clap:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Glad you enjoyed it. Planning is half the battle. Hope you found it realistic.

Modification for multiplayer version is already under way, there are things in the single player mission that you have to remove for mp otherwise it crashes. I have been testing this mission in 2 player coop for some time so I have a version that works, I am just in the process of tweaking it now.

Edited by Druid_

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Druid, immersion level in this mission is high. I love it. The air traffic at the airfield is great. The mission data card is awesome, the intel gave me a good picture of what needed to be done. I loved the surprise with Tusk. The added voice over provides great immersion and information to keep you into it as well.

Problems. Maybe it is just me, by when I approached or was crossing waypoint 6, I encountered a huge freeze, probably 5 or 6 seconds. I almost at cliff, and barely recovered. This was maybe a large spawning or activation of TGT 1? Also, maybe it was totally coincidence, but upon arriving at TGT 1, Tusk calls out his targets spotted and begins to engage, probably 3 seconds into his first missile launch I get another big time freeze up, this one did not unfreeze. Still had mouse movement but couldn't hit esc or anything. Had to CTRL ALT DEL.

Looking forward to giving it another go after I hit the gym, will let you know if this occurs twice. Very inspiring mission!

Glad you enjoyed it. Planning is half the battle. Hope you found it realistic.

Modification for multiplayer version is already under way, there are things in the single player mission that you have to remove for mp otherwise it crashes. I have been testing this mission in 2 player coop for some time so I have a version that works, I am just in the process of tweaking it now.

cool ...can t wait for the MP version :pilotfly: :pilotfly:

Flew it, shot down. Some feedback with SPOILERS.

First half went great, up to TGT 1. I still had that 5 to 6 second stutter passing waypoint 6 which almost puts me into the side of the valley.

Once complete with TGT 1, the brief doesn't tell you what altitude you should flying at. I felt the mission was asking me to hug the deck and valleys still. Getting pinged by SA-6's along the way. No problem there. Buzzed passed the recce because I kept getting pinged by SA-6's again, didn't want to gain any altitude and be exposed. Got to target 2, still flying in the valley, F-15s cleared the IP and me and my wingie proceeded to get shot to shit by SAMs and Manpads. Was your intent for us to gain altitude for TGT 2 or maintain that low, in the valley, altitude. If so, tough cookie.

VERSION 1.1 Uploaded, fixes freeze.

Ok yep, there is a very small freeze on my system at around waypoint 6 also, I think it could be the spawning of some helicopters. I will look into it.

Yep, that far behind enemy lines with SAMs and enemy aircraft about, it is advisable to stay LOWWwww. Good decision.

Although I have provided Sat pics etc it doesn't mean that it encompases everything. I didn't want a 'how to complete' the mission type brief. There are a few surprises and you have to make some airmanship decisions along the way (e.g. Recce point).

I have tweaked the tgt2 area slightly as maybe it was a little too tough. The valley area is a little wider there and it pays to do a recce run and break off prior to your engagement run or alternatively send your wingie down there to take a look and cover him? Lots of options.

Edited by Druid_

I agree with your thoughts on target 2. My rookie mistakes and I was making assumptions regarding the mission design, something a real pilot should never do. This exposed myself to unnecessary risks due to poor tactics based upon my thought of the "flow" of the battle.

My specs are really decent for my PC as well in regards to that WP 6 hiccup. I am running 12 gigs of 2000 (OC) RAM on a Phenom x6 1100T @ 3.8, SSD RevoDrive, GTX 580's in SLI.

Thanks again for a great mission addition. The data card and recon info was great to have and the voice overs add a lot to it.

OK I've uploaded ver 1.2. The main changes are as follows;-

1) Updated brief with Notes on communicating with other aircraft

2) Taken out as many Unit Activations as possible as this was causing stutters (a problem with beta I think)

3) Optimised comms so that they flow better

4) Tweaked target 2 area, A little to hard previously

5) Added Messages denoting success/failure

6) Added Aircraft comms for Ejecting/Diverting

I think I am almost there with this mission, sorry for delay in making it Multiplayer but with the ME bugs I didnt see the point in releasing one until the single player was working nicely. Crashes will just frustrate the hell out of everyone.

Anyone else having problems with ver1.2 ?

I've just downloaded it and checked it and it runs fine on my PC. Can I suggest you download it again. If it happens again, try running an ED mission then try mine again. Let me know how you get on.

Druid,

I re-downloaded the mission and tried it again. I get the same fatal crash during the loading process where the bar gets to around 90-95% loaded. I'll wait and try the mission again after SP5 is release. I was able to load an ED mission prior to running your mission.

OK mb. Don't quite know what to do as you seem to be the only one experiencing this problem. I will reupload the mission again (with some very minor changes), call it ver 1.21 if you wish. Hope that helps.

Been really busy this week. Hope to fly your 1.2(1) this weekend. Curiously, I tried the original release again earlier this week before the update, and wouldn't you know it. After link up with Tusk we headed towards the valley and a Mig 29 game out of nowhere and wiped us all out. Was a very intense and unexpected surprise, but alas, I was not able to evade and get into those valleys. I attribute it to me being in orbit too long while awaiting my wingman to catch up from the take off, perhaps I should have done that shortly after lift off...

Yep, not a good idea to orbit near the enemy border.

The F-15s on CAP head off to intercept but alas they don't always win the fight or lose the SU27s altogether which is great as it adds a random element to the mission. Whilst you can hear your AWACS its probably wise to make the occasional picture call also.

Did you try asking for assistance from the F-15s on UHF F10(Other) ? If you get no responce by the way its because they're both shot down, in which case good luck hiding.

a superb layout!

your mission card is now my mission template; quick overview and everything you need to know about the mission

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

Thanks. Here's a blank template if anyone wants to use it (WORD .doc).

Btw the performance data on the Op Talisker mission card I took from the a10 -1 performance charts so they are accurate.

MISSION DATA CARD.zip

Edited by Druid_

Great mission man. Haven't successfully completed it yet, got taken out by some AA even after I called the strike eagles in :)

Also, I think my wingman crashes when I duck into the valley with the other hog. I'm sure you're already aware of this though :)

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

Nah your wingman (Hawg31) shouldn't crash then, but if you are going to do some tight low-level valley flying then think about the formation you want him to be in otherwise he might just get himself into an unrecoverable climb and stall it in.

AI do seem to wait until the very last moment before they take avoiding action.

*** I have finished the 6 player MP version but have decided to wait until beta 6 is released before I post it up after testing. It has additional tasking/targets and also Air to Air refuelling and a FAC. ***

Edited by Druid_

Ahh so you've caught onto the theme, its coming, all on hold until beta6. Mind you I'm off on hols tomorrow so might have to wait 10 days I'm afraid.