Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
quinncidence

Reputation power: 10
quinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nice
Default Calibrate TM Warthog

EDIT: Calibration tools are in posts 7 & 8.
I received mine a couple of weeks ago, and it's had this problem out-of-box.
My stick isn't centered. I always have to trim LWD after takeoff because my stick is biased to the right.
With a range of 0 to 65535, center should be in the neighborhood of 32767. My center sits between 32950 and 33026 on the X axis. It's not crazy-off, but it is a noticeable annoyance in-game. I can't find any way to re-cal using the target software, thrustmaster's website, or a google search. A search of -Calibrate Warthog- on this forum gives 0 results.
Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution to it?

Last edited by quinncidence; 01-25-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Calibration utilities available.
quinncidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
Swaty

Reputation power: 7
Swaty is just really niceSwaty is just really niceSwaty is just really niceSwaty is just really niceSwaty is just really niceSwaty is just really niceSwaty is just really niceSwaty is just really nice

I suggest to contact Thrustmaster Support, they will sent you directions or the utility you need.

Didn't happened to me, but worked for another one who lost axis.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/
Swaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Succellus

Reputation power: 29
Succellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to all

Yes it sems they send you a calibration program or something similar.
Succellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
quinncidence

quinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nicequinncidence is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succellus View Post
Yes it sems they send you a calibration program or something similar.
Indeed they have...for the throttle! There's nothing wrong with my thottle!
I copied and pasted my above post (minus a couple of edits) into an email to thrustmaster and they sent my a throttle calibration program. I have emailed them again, but haven't heard back. It's certainly a livable issue...if I hadn't paid $500 for the thing. At that premium I do expect damn near perfection.
If they send me a joystick calibration program I will post it, and the throttle cal, here in the forums for everyone.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
Succellus

Reputation power: 29
Succellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to allSuccellus is a name known to all

Well i don t know in which condition you bought it but asking for another for defect is maybe an option or at least threatening TM.
Succellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
hassata
Veteran

Reputation power: 113
hassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud ofhassata has much to be proud of

can u calibrate in the windows game controller window. Also, A10 has asym. loading so u will often have to trim if carrying
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
quinncidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succellus View Post
Well i don t know in which condition you bought it but asking for another for defect is maybe an option or at least threatening TM.
True. This is why I'm trying to resolve it now. I've been procrastinating and the return policy window is quickly approaching. If I don't hear from them in the next few days, it's going back for replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassata View Post
can u calibrate in the windows game controller window. Also, A10 has asym. loading so u will often have to trim if carrying
I had not tried calibrating with windows game controller, but I just now tried (thanks for the suggestion), no luck. Same right bias after calibration. This leads me to believe that I may be returning the Warthog for exchange, but I'll wait to hear back from TM.
I had always attributed the right bias to asym loading, but since every load config gave me a similar right bias, I became suspicious. After downloading the TARGET sofware (which I really never wanted to do in the first place), the Device Analyzer in the Script Editor confirmed that my stick "centers" with a right bias. It's actually very surprising that the TARGET software doesn't come with calibration tools.

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I'll keep this post updated as the saga continues. Oh, also attached is the throttle cal tool TM sent me if anyone else needs it. I'll post one for the stick if they send it to me.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Throttle Warthog Calibration (V1_07)_22_07_2010.rar (167.8 KB, 1982 views)
Old 01-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #8
quinncidence

And here's the stick calibration tool that they sent me.

It seems to actually have worked. More testing needed, but I'm hopeful. It centers up now in the TARGET Device analyzer.

Let me know if you guys get any use from it.

Hey Mods, would you like to place these calibration tools as a sticky, since the only way to get them is contacting TM, and they're kind of a pain to deal with.
Attached Files
File Type: rar HW_Stick Calibration_V1_11.rar (182.6 KB, 1745 views)

Last edited by quinncidence; 01-24-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #9
Druid_
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 32
Druid_ is a name known to allDruid_ is a name known to allDruid_ is a name known to allDruid_ is a name known to allDruid_ is a name known to allDruid_ is a name known to allDruid_ is a name known to allDruid_ is a name known to allDruid_ is a name known to allDruid_ is a name known to allDruid_ is a name known to all

Until I read this thread I didnt realise how far out my Stick was, using windows calibration and RAW data I got
x 30374 y 33816 Way out !! Just figured it was asymetric loading on the a10.

Anyway thanks very much for the calibration tools. You'd think TM would have them available for download on their website wouldnt you!

EDIT: The throttle calib tools works fine but the Joystick hangs on 'Then press "space"' i.e. I press space and nothing happens. Also your link says ver1.11 but the .exe is ver 1.10 is that why? or do I need a win7 64 bit version?

Last edited by Druid_; 01-25-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Druid_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
quinncidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druid_ View Post
The throttle calib tools works fine but the Joystick hangs on 'Then press "space"' i.e. I press space and nothing happens. Also your link says ver1.11 but the .exe is ver 1.10 is that why? or do I need a win7 64 bit version?
I had the same problem initially, and I'm using win7 64. I was cursing TM!
I just unplugged my stick and plugged it into a different usb port, which the cal tool recognized. I then unplugged it, and moved it back to the original port. (EDIT: It seems that people are also having luck by moving the stick and pushing buttons on it after pressing the spacebar.) The cal tool recognizes it at the original port now. I don't know why. I also don't know anything about the version discrepancy. I've just posted what TM emailed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druid_ View Post
Until I read this thread I didnt realise how far out my Stick was, using windows calibration and RAW data I got
x 30374 y 33816 Way out !! Just figured it was asymetric loading on the a10.

Anyway thanks very much for the calibration tools. You'd think TM would have them available for download on their website wouldnt you!
Yes! Calibrating makes a hell of a difference! My stick, after cal, reads 32768 X & Y! Dead-nuts center, and it's very noticeable in-game. I am happy.
I'm also very surprised that the cal tools aren't incorporated into the TARGET software. Rushed to market? I think so.

EDIT: My 100th post!! I'm finally a member!!

Last edited by quinncidence; 01-25-2011 at 07:52 PM.